Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:18:41 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Group of Soldiers Hiding Out in an Old House? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Group of Soldiers Hiding Out in an Old House?  (Read 7422 times)
neonzombie
Dedicated Viewer

« on: December 29, 2017, 11:27:48 PM »

Alrighty, here's what we got to go on. A group of soldiers hiding out in an abandoned house somewhere. They are kinda just hanging out and playing cards or whatever, but like waiting for an attack or something. I remember one of the guys being a burly bearded type though he may not have been one of them playing cards. i remember the house having two stories with an open staircase and balcony. Kinda like in a brothel or something. I then remember some action scenes of an attack on said house but shown from the outside. I distinctly remember watching it on our local FOX affiliate the first year FOX had become a station, so I guess that would have date the film from before at least 1987. All signs seem to point to an Italian war film or something, but I have had no luck in figuring it out. Of all the films I have asked about before this one has boggled my mind the most. Any ideas?
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 11:48:45 AM »

Alrighty, here's what we got to go on. A group of soldiers hiding out in an abandoned house somewhere. They are kinda just hanging out and playing cards or whatever, but like waiting for an attack or something. I remember one of the guys being a burly bearded type though he may not have been one of them playing cards. i remember the house having two stories with an open staircase and balcony. Kinda like in a brothel or something. I then remember some action scenes of an attack on said house but shown from the outside. I distinctly remember watching it on our local FOX affiliate the first year FOX had become a station, so I guess that would have date the film from before at least 1987. All signs seem to point to an Italian war film or something, but I have had no luck in figuring it out. Of all the films I have asked about before this one has boggled my mind the most. Any ideas?

Sounds a bit like CASTLE KEEP: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064137

It has that look of a dated foreign film, probably due to the film stock used. I clearly remember the stairwell with the balcony hallway at the top. The owner attempts to use some American troops to protect his castle and his art treasures from a looming Axis attack. 

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
neonzombie
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 12:14:20 AM »

Hmm... That just might be it! Gonna track down a copy and check it out. I may have merged Bruce Dern's beard onto Peter Falk's face. That sounds like something a seven year old version of myself might do. Some of the scenes from the trailer look vaguely familiar. Fingers crossed! Thanks!
neonzombie
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 12:28:07 AM »

Just checked Castle Keep out and that definitely is it! Pretty cool movie. Good call. Thanks a million!
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 05:29:30 PM »

Glad my head full of trivia can help someone. Cheers!!   Cheers

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 04:52:03 PM »

I'm glad someone found it for you. Not myself, but the people who post here are experts on "What was that film?" The film Castle Keep, which I have never seen in its entirety, was based on the novel by the same title by William Eastlake, which, I must admit, I have never read. The film itself is almost 50 years old, dating back to 1969.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Group of Soldiers Hiding Out in an Old House? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.