Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:15:41 AM
714336 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cola Poll « previous next »
Poll
Question: What's the Best Cola?
Coke - 7 (43.8%)
Pepsi - 3 (18.8%)
RC - 2 (12.5%)
Other (Shasta, Vesp, etc.) - 4 (25%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Cola Poll  (Read 7157 times)
Pacman000
« on: January 09, 2018, 10:33:07 AM »

We've been talking about faith for so long we've forgotten a much more important question:

What is the Greatest Cola-Flavored Carbonated Beverage of All Time? (Or at least in known History.)  Drink

In this corner, we have the original in a new cocaine-free formula. The one, the only, Coca-Cola!

And in this corner, we have the Challanger. That Patriotic colored (for U.S. and British voters) bottle of sweetness, Pepsi Cola!

And, what's that I here running into the arena? From Nehi to Cadbury, to the Dr. Pepper/Snapple Group and Cott Beverage company (depending on the region), the oft forgotten (but still tasty) early 20th century late-comer, RC Cola!

Oh, and now I see others coming in! King Cola, and Shasta Cola, and Vesp, and the dollar store band, and more! They're all here! Ready for the melee! Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the best cola of them all?  Wink

Please explain your choice. (It's not much fun otherwise.) And happy thirst quenching!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:36:12 AM »

Dunno, I almost never drink soft drinks, but then again I'm a vegetarian and (according to my mother) borderline anorexic.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:55:46 AM »

Since I can't vote for Irn Bru I'd have to go with Coca Cola. If I am having a bourbon, Pepsi just doesn't taste right somehow.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 01:59:59 PM »

You have to ask?  Wink

And not just because it's "RC" or endorsed by me-er-Bela. Mainly because it's cheaper. Only 89 cents a bottle!

You mentioned Nehi- boy that brings back memories! Back in 1970 we lived in 3 Mile Lake Trailer Park. Near the park laundry mat they had one of those old pop machines where the necks stuck out of the machine. all different flavors of Nehi. You put your quarter in and yanked out the bottle by the neck. But me and my brother Mike learned a trick-I put the money in he grabbed 2 necks and I grabbed one with my free hand-2 free pops! Plus a dime change! Woo-hoo!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:08:46 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 02:10:51 PM »

Since I can't vote for Irn Bru I'd have to go with Coca Cola. If I am having a bourbon, Pepsi just doesn't taste right somehow.

As a Kentuckian, it pains me to see people put cola in their bourbon (though many Kentuckians do so as well).

Of course, I drink most of mine with ice, and there are many here who would be appalled at that. I have had upscale bartenders refuse to serve me a fine bourbon with ice.

I would mix cheap bourbon that wasn't good enough to drink straight with ginger ale instead (maybe even try ginger beer?)

Anyway, on topic, I only drink sugar free cola now (too many empty calories in soda), and Coke Zero is greatly superior to Diet Pepsi. Pepsi does have a new formula coming out, though. I grew up drinking more Pepsi than Coke, but never really cared which one I was served.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 02:18:04 PM »

Still on topic- what do you call it where your from? When I was in New York-it was soda. Here in Michigan most-including me- call it pop.
But the when we lived in Indiana in 1969-it was soda pop.

Oh and Rev-I agree-whiskey should only be drank straight. (Of course I drink it straight out of the bottle...)  Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 02:31:55 PM »

If I am drinking a good whiskey then its water or ice. If I am drinking JD or Jim Bean then I don't mind adding something to that.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 02:56:11 PM »

It seems like scotch drinkers don't usually go for bourbon, and vice-versa. Taste-wise do they have flavors that are highly different?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 02:58:19 PM »

Coke is my personal fave.
This reminds me of the 80s taste tests between Pepsi and Coke.

And hey, how come NEW COKE isn't a poll option?

"Some women may find a roofie in their New Coke!  Dawwwwwwww!!!"

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 03:20:03 PM »

I go with Coke...any movie that features in a Jimmy Cagney movie has to be cool!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 04:06:24 PM »

It seems like scotch drinkers don't usually go for bourbon, and vice-versa. Taste-wise do they have flavors that are highly different?

I like both, but I don't know my Scotch very well. Yes, the flavors can be very different. Bourbon is smooth and a little sweet, Scotch can be smoky and "peaty."

Soo off topic but a bartender in Amsterdam once tried to serve me Jack Daniels, calling it bourbon, and I said "that's not bourbon" and he refused to serve me anymore. I was thinking of real Kentucky bourbon, which has a list of requirements (most importantly aging in charred oak barrels), as opposed to Tennessee (or other) whiskey. In Europe they call any American-made whiskey "bourbon." I felt like a French wine snob.

To get back on topic, I also can't tell much difference between "Mexican coca-cola" (still made with cane sugar) versus American coke, although everyone else says the Mexican version is much tastier.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:11:48 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 04:13:04 PM »

They do have very different flavours, although to be honest individual brands of both tend to have a big variation on flavours. Certainly the bourbons you get over here tend to be a bit smoother to drink, whereas scotch burns your throat a bit more. It's just a matter of preference.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 05:56:26 PM »

Here in Texas, Dr. Pepper is the one soda that rules them all!
  (Or, for us aging and pudgy types, Diet Dr. Pepper!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 06:18:24 PM »

there was, at one point, a beverage called Cajun cola that was the g.o.a.t.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 08:15:04 PM »

Still on topic- what do you call it where your from? When I was in New York-it was soda. Here in Michigan most-including me- call it pop.
But the when we lived in Indiana in 1969-it was soda pop.

It's coke.  Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, Mt. Dew... it's all Coke. 

As for the best, put me down for Dr. Pepper. 

As a Kentuckian, it pains me to see people put cola in their bourbon (though many Kentuckians do so as well).
I didn't know you were from Kentucky.  Maybe I just never paid attention.  I'm from Tennessee myself.  Tradition states we are now rivals.   Twirling
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cola Poll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.