Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:01:14 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Tide Pod challenge « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Tide Pod challenge  (Read 8400 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 17, 2018, 01:41:09 AM »

Yes, this is apparently a real thing.  Morons are putting tide bowl pods in their mouths, chomping on them and filming it.  Told it's mainly teenagers doing it.

Now, on the one hand I REALLY don't like the idea of teenagers doing this and it'd be tragic if someone died from it.  But the other I can't help but think, isn't this evolution at work?  I mean, if you're dumb enough to eat something like that when you're at an age where you should CLEARLY know better than isn't that the gene pool just weeding out the stupid?

Course, speaking of stupid, my prediction is someone's going to kick the bucket and then their relatives are going to try and SUE P&G for damages.  You just wait...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:37:04 PM by AoTFan » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 07:27:44 AM »

Wow, people are dumb . . .   Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:24:17 AM »

Thankfully not ALL teens are that dumb.
When the "Today" show did a story about this "fad" a couple of days ago, my fifteen year old commented, "Look! Natural selection at work." Haha.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 01:10:42 PM »

Pffft! Eating Washing tablets is old news! Now its all about vaping washing tablets!

http://www.ladbible.com/news/viral-news-weird-latest-challenge-trend-gets-weirder-as-guy-vapes-a-tide-pod-20180117

Y'know...I dont know why they dont just give out Darwin awards like printable certificates at this point...

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 01:14:45 PM »

Whatever happened to swallowing goldfish and cramming ten people into a phone booth? sigh  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 05:46:22 PM »

Whatever happened to swallowing goldfish and cramming ten people into a phone booth? sigh  Bluesad

It's hard to Tweet/Instagram/Farcebook while crammed in a phone booth with a bunch of other people, and if you can't promote yourself and your brand while doing something, why do anything?

I say, let the little bastards die. If their parents complain, lock them up for being bad parents. This thing started as a stupid joke, and then the public had to be more stupid and actually put the crap in their mouths. Just let them die already.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
AoTFan

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 07:35:45 PM »

Thankfully not ALL teens are that dumb.
When the "Today" show did a story about this "fad" a couple of days ago, my fifteen year old commented, "Look! Natural selection at work." Haha.

Smart kid!  Thumbup
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 12:15:33 AM »

Some clever and sadistic people would eat a lot of Mexican and Italian food a few hours before the phonebooth cram.  Needless to say the resultant farts under such conditions often resulted in crimes against humanity charges being filed.  So the practice was discontinued even before modern technology made phone booths largely a thing of the past.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 12:22:13 AM »

Yeah this crap happens a lot. It's hard to feel bad for these idiots. The only people I feel sorry for is their loved ones. =\

The Cinnamon Challenge - Keep cinnamon in your mouth for as long as possible without drinking water. Basically, large amounts of Cinnamon can cause
a myriad of respiratory issues. I can understand why people might not understand how cinnamon is dangerous so I'll cut the kids some slack here.

The Salt And Ice Challenge - Hold an ice cube and sprinkle salt on it, keep it in your hands as long as possible. Anyone who has ever salted their driveway knows better. The reaction ice and salt has causes serious burning. I don't care what it is, if something is burning your hand YOU DROP IT IMMEDIATELY.

Condom Challenge - Snort a condom through your nose and pull it out your mouth. Hun, that ain't what those are for. If you choke on it you get to be known posthumously as the dumbass that died from choking on a condom. I hope they put it on your tombstone.

Butt Chugging - Just the name sounds unappealing. There's plenty of things I'd do to a butt but putting booze in it ain't one. Yes, things inserted rectally get absorbed into the blood stream faster so you can easily die of alcohol poisoning. Can't you just abuse alcohol orally like normal people?

Trunking - Does bouncing around in the trunk of a car with no seat belt sound like fun? Or safe?

The Eyeballing Challenge - Take hard liquor to the eye. Dude, I get freaked out trying to apply eye drops, I'm not dousing my eyeballs in scotch. But hey, if you go blind you could become Daredevil! Not the cool Charlie Cox Daredevil, the Ben Affleck one.

Vampire Biting - Biting your girl/boyfriend's neck, in the hopes to draw blood. Can cause severe bleeding and HIV. Also makes the phrase "Love bites" into a pun and I feel that's the greatest crime of all.

The Eraser Challenge - Rub an eraser on your skin while reciting the alphabet and compare the results with your friends. You fools! That's how Doodlebob died!

Kylie Lip Challenge - Put your lips in a cup or jar and suck until they get super puffy. Can cause blood vessels to pop. The biggest victim here is Kylie Jenner. If kids were injuring themselves doing the "A.J. Bauer Challenge" you'd never see me in public again. (What that entails and why you'd want to look like me shall remain a mystery)

Car Surfing - Stand on the roof of a moving car. Head + Concrete + High Speed = X_X. If you want to car surf then just play Saint's Row III or IV.

Choking Game - ಠ_ಠ OH MY GOD! It's called THE CHOKING GAME! Hey I know what we can play! Let's play the "Slit Your Wrists" game! Or the "Jump Off Of Tall Buildings Game"! Oh, oh. I got it! Let's play Russian Roulette! Bonus points if you fill the entire chamber!

The Fire Challenge - Light yourself on fire... I'm not even putting a sarcastic comment here. If you light yourself on fire for fun you deserve to die.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:54:31 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

beat_truck
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 02:20:09 AM »

I've said repeatedly that I honestly believe that the average person today is a f**king moron.  People that do these types of things are WAY BELOW that.  I honestly don't know how people that stupid will survive. Lookingup
AoTFan

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 02:34:34 AM »

Somebody once came up with a theory (really wish I could remember who it was) that our lives today are (comparatively) so safe and "boring" from those hundreds of years ago, that many people (mostly male) feel the need to seek out and/or construct artificial dangers to give themselves a sense of excitement.  

Or, second theory, there are too many morons out there and the gene pool needs some chlorine.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 04:04:18 AM »

Some clever and sadistic people would eat a lot of Mexican and Italian food a few hours before the phonebooth cram.  Needless to say the resultant farts under such conditions often resulted in crimes against humanity charges being filed. 

BuggedoutBounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 11:24:54 AM »

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 07:18:34 PM »

I've said repeatedly that I honestly believe that the average person today is a f**king moron.  People that do these types of things are WAY BELOW that.  I honestly don't know how people that stupid will survive. Lookingup
Did you know it's a scientific fact that humans appear to be progressively losing brain mass compared to our distant ancestors?

Hate to admit it but in fourth grade I did the eraser thing but we must not have known you were only supposed to do it while you did the ABCs, we took it on as a last one standing event. I had a blister for a week and Sister William Rose was so miffed she barely talked to me except to say I'd disappointed her. That made me wanna cry.

The fire challenge sounds intriguing.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 07:22:47 PM »

Someday, these kids will be voting...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Tide Pod challenge « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.