Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:35:13 AM
714212 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  8 Pages of Brilliantly Cruel Misleading Products « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 8 Pages of Brilliantly Cruel Misleading Products  (Read 3208 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: January 18, 2018, 12:03:37 AM »

Don't know which is worse, the gummy bears, the "free" Russian hot dogs, or the mislabeled Gluten-free thing. All are grounds for manslaughter.

https://www.boredpanda.com/misleading-packaging-design/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:11:48 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 12:21:13 AM »

WTF!?  Buggedout
Some people have no shame.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 01:27:58 AM »

That reminds me of the bottle of mineral water I found: the label stated that "this product contained water"  Drink Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 04:24:08 PM »

I laughed out loud at the nice big jumbo shrimps. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pacman000
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 01:53:28 PM »

#13 Isn't really misleading, but it is frustrating.

#21 ARRRRRUGH!!!! I have that stupid piece of software! It was part of a Christmas present, so I couldn't just return it. My stupid slow internet wouldn't download it; I had to take the computer to work.  A box of software should contain software. "No disk needed?!"  I need the disk. Other folks need a disk. That's why they buy a box instead of downloading the 1st piece of software listed on Google when they search for reviews! Hatred Hatred Hatred

#25 Not too evil.

#30 Probably a bigger bag than the earlier single serving bag. Looks like someone's put it next to the full sized bag as a joke.

#31 If I remember correctly, 100% juice just means that it's not a cocktail; e.g. no sugar or syrup added. Preservatives, water for concentrated juice is still an extra ingredient, but doesn't change the fact that it's just juice w/o extra sweeteners or flavorings.

#33 Most folks could to see that before opening it...

#34 Also not deceptive, but annoying.

#35 Misleading, but most likely a mistake.

#59 Annoying, not misleading.

#63 Sometimes it's done so the items don't get crushed, but I'm not sure about this one.

#69 Annoying, not misleading.

#72 Annoying, not misleading.

#78 This could just be a mistake. There were a few others which could also be simple packing mishapsA few others could just be a cheap.

A few others, like the half-filled bags of candy,  could just be a cheap company using a 1-size-fits-all approach to packaging. Others, like the bowls with indentions in the bottoms are potentially deceptive. Reminds me to look at weight when comparing products.

AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 08:20:24 PM »

Don't know how I missed this was first posted but....

WFT?!?! So, apparently you can blatantly lie on packaging so long as you write in tiny ass print somewhere else on said packaging that you're lying?  (Ex number 6).

Okaaay...  Bluesad
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 08:26:23 PM »

Don't know how I missed this was first posted but....

WFT?!?! So, apparently you can blatantly lie on packaging so long as you write in tiny ass print somewhere else on said packaging that you're lying?  (Ex number 6).

Okaaay...  Bluesad

Okay I take it back after further reading in the comments here is the product is gluten-free but the process of being CERTIFIED gluten-free is ridiculously complicated. 

One commenter on the site writes...
I have Celiac disease and I am fine with this label. (Also I am an American which is important) The GF certification is unfairly hard to get. Most of the things that I eat are free of gluten (like this) but aren’t official. I don’t need official, I need foods and food makers who know and prevent cross contamination. The official title means nothing to me. I have never gotten sick from something packaged like this, my greatest risk is always from people who don’t understand cross contamination.

So, dunno... but still lots of crap in the other examples.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  8 Pages of Brilliantly Cruel Misleading Products « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.