Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:41:51 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 321465 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1035 on: March 12, 2019, 08:22:43 AM »

Was randomly thinking about some of the people I went through college with. One of them was a big guy from Yorkshire (and if I am harsh, but honest it was fat rather than muscle). Lots of guys from Yorkshire view themselves as being bluff and straight talking. Other people consider them rude. This guy for example when he walked in a room would every single time, belch to announce his presence. Make up your own mind where that falls. As for the honest bit, well he once claimed to be a street fighter. I took one look at his unmarked hands, no scars, no broken knuckles and figured he was either 1) The best street fighter in the world, capable of taking out every opponent with the first punch (his face was similarly unmarked), or 2) Full of bulls**t. I did offer him some money for the pair of us to go outside and see how good he really was, but he never did take me up on that offer.

Didn't last long in the job either. Believe he was out within 3 years of his 9 year contract.

Oh, I'd like to point out that there are plenty of nice people from Yorkshire too, like Ian with one I and his wife Di. Hmm, reminds me. We have a big airplane exercise next month. Ian with one I is something of a spotter and I need to remember to invite him to come up and see them. He is called Ian with one I because we used to play Warcraft with him and a guy called Iain (can you guess what his nickname is?).

Just found out the guy sitting at the desk next to me is something of a cheese snob. One of the civvies was telling us how him and his wife had a cheese and wine night. Ryan, expecting to have an intelligent conversation enquired as to what cheeses they'd had and was somewhat disappointed when he was told 'Baby Bells' and 'Cheese Strings'. I have to admit myself I am sort of an anti cheese snob. If it has blue veins running through it, or has a beard, or if it stinks then I am not even going to try tasting it. I like a medium or strong chedder myself.

He decided against asking what kind of wine he had used, although despite not being a wine drinker either I confess to being slightly curious about.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:11:01 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1036 on: March 12, 2019, 12:14:58 PM »

Slow day at work today, the first in a while. Also, the reason I've been able to make multiple posts here today.

I see Italy is stopping kids who haven't been vaccinated from attending public schools. Seems like a good idea to me, although it is a shame that it is the kids who suffer rather than the parents making these decisions on their behalf.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:11:30 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1037 on: March 13, 2019, 02:30:51 AM »

So the slightly modified, but really still the same deal with the EU was voted down. That was expected. Not as big a defeat as last time, but still a big one. Today they'll vote on wither or not we ask for an extension to the Brexit process and a vote on do we leave with no deal. The only way we will know what is happening is if the vote to leave with no deal. 16 days left to go and nothing is set in stone.

Spent a relaxing night last night and we went off to bed early to chill out and relax. Just lay together and read some books. Much earlier bedtime than our usual but it was good to just spend tie together. Storm Garath is hitting the west coast. Some higher winds over this side of the country too, but nothing exceptional. I'd like to avoid a repeat of a few years back when we spent three months just constantly being hit by storms with no break between them. Don't think this year will be quite as rough as that though. Will be interesting to see how the summer goes. Another year of record-breaking temperatures is predicted.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1038 on: March 13, 2019, 02:46:19 AM »

I find it amazing just how much stuff you tell us is banned in South Africa, and yet they allow your underpants.

TeddyR TeddyR

Two other things that were banned here: television (which we only got in 1975) and pinball machines  Question because those machines gave you an extra ball which was considered gambling.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1039 on: March 13, 2019, 04:08:03 AM »

I find it amazing just how much stuff you tell us is banned in South Africa, and yet they allow your underpants.

TeddyR TeddyR

Two other things that were banned here: television (which we only got in 1975) and pinball machines  Question because those machines gave you an extra ball which was considered gambling.  Buggedout

*Must resist temptation to make jokes about extra balls*

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1040 on: March 13, 2019, 04:54:15 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

*Must resist temptation to make jokes about extra balls*

TeddyR TeddyR

More:

if you were caught in possession of something called "Adult material" you had two choices: a fine, a jail sentence or both.
You couldn't see a movie on a Sunday.
No shops open on Sundays.
No liquor stores open on Sundays.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1041 on: March 13, 2019, 07:30:48 AM »

As expected the PM's deal has been voted down, we are now waiting for the vote that would stop us leaving with no deal.

One of the guys I work with has been hospitalised with a potential detached major artery to his heart. I'd have thought he would be dead from that, but apparently not. Anyway, Bally is going into hospital tomorrow to get his nuts cut off. He only told his wife about going for this yesterday. I am surprised her reaction didn't involve removing the need to go for an operation to have them cut.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1042 on: March 13, 2019, 07:42:42 AM »

Anyway, Bally is going into hospital tomorrow to get his nuts cut off. He only told his wife about going for this yesterday. I am surprised her reaction didn't involve removing the need to go for an operation to have them cut.

BuggedoutBounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Poor Bally....

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1043 on: March 13, 2019, 08:14:52 AM »

Anyway, Bally is going into hospital tomorrow to get his nuts cut off. He only told his wife about going for this yesterday. I am surprised her reaction didn't involve removing the need to go for an operation to have them cut.

Poor Bally....

I have brought him a bunch of disposable nappies in that Ash is now too big for to pad his underwear out for after the operation. Give him a bit of protection.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1044 on: March 14, 2019, 03:58:14 AM »

The vote last night said went for preventing the UK leaving the EU on a no deal basis.

However, this isn't legally binding and as the law in both Europe and the EU stands, we still leave the EU in a couple of weeks.

I've been finding recently that people have been making me feel sick.

Found out the problem was I simply hadn't been cooking them long enough first.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:12:13 AM by Alex » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1045 on: March 14, 2019, 07:37:47 AM »

I've been finding recently that people have been making me feel sick.
Found out the problem was I simply hadn't been cooking them long enough first.

Wink

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1046 on: March 14, 2019, 06:17:39 PM »

You just furnished my quote of the day for tomorrow!!

"And of course, the problem with letting the people decide things, is that by and by the larger the group of people involved in deciding something, the more stupid the decision made will be."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1047 on: March 15, 2019, 01:35:26 AM »

You just furnished my quote of the day for tomorrow!!

"And of course, the problem with letting the people decide things, is that by and by the larger the group of people involved in deciding something, the more stupid the decision made will be."

That is exactly what happened here:  Buggedout

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreshore_Freeway_Bridge

That was a real decision by committee.  Buggedout

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1048 on: March 15, 2019, 02:28:12 AM »

A mass shooting in New Zealand is dominating the news this morning. I guess when it happens outside the US these days then it still makes news. My sympathies to the friends and families of those affected.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1049 on: March 15, 2019, 03:05:32 AM »

A mass shooting in New Zealand is dominating the news this morning. I guess when it happens outside the US these days then it still makes news. My sympathies to the friends and families of those affected.

After the horrors of 9/11 (my birthday) and what Muslims had done in the name of their religion sank in, I am unfortunately biased in my opinion but this tragic event in Christchurch is just cold-blooded murder and totally inexcusable.  Bluesad

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.