Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:53:26 AM
714338 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 320943 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1305 on: July 14, 2019, 12:50:38 AM »

Can't remember who the director is, but Fat Rambo plays Hellboy.

NO WAY!!!! REALLY????  that would be SO COOL, if i believed you, lol!

Fine, don't believe me if you wish. But it is him.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1306 on: July 14, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »

Got a friend coming over from Denmark next week. We have never met her irl before but consider the following facts.

She has a whole goth thing going on.
She is quite hot looking.
She has a mysterious European accent.

Based on this and in consultation with my collection of movies I have concluded she is, in fact, a vampire.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1307 on: July 14, 2019, 04:47:03 PM »

It has been a mostly good and relaxing weekend. Played a game of Firefly with Kristi last night, went out with Ash for a walk this morning, and then both him and Kristi in the afternoon. The little man has some bruises after falling down when he was trying to climb up stuff, bit of a blood blister on the top of one of his ears and some scratches behind that, but nothing that won't heal in a few days. He really is 100% little boy. Cried for a minute or so when he fell and then was running about exploring again.

Looks like I'll be playing Firefly again this weekend when Pernille arrives. Also going to try and get a game of Mansions of Madness. No doubt Fluxx and Cards Against Humanity will also make an appearence.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1308 on: July 15, 2019, 03:50:28 AM »

Got a friend coming over from Denmark next week. We have never met her irl before but consider the following facts.

Based on this and in consultation with my collection of movies I have concluded she is, in fact, a vampire.

TeddyR TeddyR

Is this her?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
316zombie
« Reply #1309 on: July 15, 2019, 02:56:06 PM »

she's dansk, OF COURSE she's a vampire!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1310 on: July 15, 2019, 03:46:40 PM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Is this her?

Add a piercing on her lower lip and it is fairly close.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1311 on: July 16, 2019, 01:19:49 PM »

Another day passes. Glorious weather for the past couple of days.

I think that counts as our summer and I expect normal service to be resumed shortly.

Slowly working through my miniature painting backlog. Since I was accused  of being racist by only having painted white people (even my Japanese I basically paint in white flesh tones), I was told that the next set of soldiers I paint up (and I am not sure of the current PC term here so excuse me if I use the wrong one), should be people of colour.

This is a picture of the next boxed set I am about to go work on.

Pretty sure no matter what I do there, someone is going to get PO'd about it.

316zombie
« Reply #1312 on: July 16, 2019, 02:48:04 PM »

i can see this being a BIT problematic, lol!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1313 on: July 16, 2019, 03:01:16 PM »

Yeah, some guys get really upset if you don't paint things 100% historically accurate (Arnold Rimmer has nothing on these ones). I like to paint things incorrectly just to upset them. I should show you the way I painted up my Kubelwagon just to annoy the hell out of one gamer lol.

316zombie
« Reply #1314 on: July 16, 2019, 03:22:42 PM »

that's something michae does occasionally, with his tank dioramas. he took great glee in showing off the " tank girl" tank he made for  me years ago, lol!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1315 on: July 17, 2019, 03:41:39 AM »

1447 days left. I am into the zone where I could put in Last Tour on my posting preferences. That is where you are getting ready to leave the job and they try to post you in the general area where you are looking at settling in civvy street. Trouble is at this point I just want to be left alone and see out my last slightly less than four years.

In 1447 Pope Nicholas V succeeds Pope Eugene IV, to become the 208th pope. A major fire destroys the centre of Valencia. The Spanish Inquisition is revived. Vlad II Dracul, ruler of Wallachia, and his eldest son Mircea are assassinated. Vladislav II succeeds him, with the assistance of John Hunyadi.
The Albanian–Venetian War of 1447–48 begins. Roman II seizes the throne of Moldavia after killing his uncle, Stephen II, and will have his other uncle, Petru as co-ruler. The Siege of Soest occurs, in the course of the Soest Feud. According to Ryū's own sources, Iizasa Ienao founds Tenshin Shōden Katori Shintō-ryū, the earliest historically verifiable Japanese koryū martial art, that is still extant in modern times. Crumplestein the Magnificent, possibly the most famous jester in history, choked to death on a juggling ball during a performance. Sadly it was assumed that he was merely putting on a particularly vivid act, and so he passed away while everyone was still laughing politely. An observer said afterwards “Very few jesters are ever funny, so we didn’t really notice any difference. I feel a bit guilty about that.” Crumplestein was given an elaborate and brightly colored tomb, although the centuries have weathered it to a more somber and fitting gray.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 03:58:35 AM by Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1316 on: July 17, 2019, 05:01:44 AM »

Work is a bit slow at the moment. If it could just fast forward to COP tomorrow and a few days leave for me then I'd be a happier man. Not that I am not happy right now, I'd just be happier.

Went to give Ash a bath last night. He crawled into the bathroom as I was running the water, went over to a tub of bath toys we have and started picking them up and started throwing them in the bath. He also tried to climb up the side of the bath (from what I've seen of bath's in the US, ones in the UK have higher sides). After his bath he crawled through to his bedroom. We have a spherical night light in his room that projects stars and whatnot around his room and slowly rotates. He loves playing with it and had removed the top half of the sphere previously. He found the top half, put it back on top of the bottom part and then moved over to sit beside his cot waiting to get put in.

I like this behaviour more than when he climbs on top of the TV table and hugs the TV.

316zombie
« Reply #1317 on: July 17, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »

well, you know, he IS our most junior member, it makes sense he'd hug the TV. he really is a smart" wee man", isn't he?  Cheers
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1318 on: July 17, 2019, 04:50:22 PM »

Ran a screening of Aladdin tonight. I seem to be alone in not enjoying it. I didn't have a problem with Will Smith in the roll of the genie but I felt the performances from most of the main characters was a bit weak. The guy playing the Sultan seemed to be badly dubbed or something. I didn't feel that the characters playing Jafar, Aladdin and Jasmine didn't quite look right for the part and the new song they've added felt too modern and poppish compared to the rest of the soundtrack. They act well enough, and the visuals are gorgeous. I did find myself chuckling at several jokes in the movie.

But then I am not the target audience for this movie. The women and kids loved the film and I have no doubt it will keep the money rolling into Disney's coffers.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1319 on: July 18, 2019, 02:16:24 AM »

Ever wonder who you really are? Are you the person you know you are inside? Or are you the person other people see? If you are the person you think you are, then why can't you show the world that person? And yet who should know us better than ourselves?

Of course the human mind is wonderfully self deceiving and we justify all sorts of actions and beliefs on the flimsiest of pretexts.

The weather here is hot but cloudy. The kind of weather that begs for a good thunderstorm. Off work tomorrow, so today is my Friday (w00t!). Next week I'll be on nights, and with the leave I have booked I will be in on Thursday night next week, then off again.

Down to 1446 days.

Battle of Otonetë: Skanderbeg defeats the Ottomans. Sultan Mehmed II of the Ottoman Empire is forced to abdicate, in favor of his father Murad II, by the Janissaries. Murad II invades Attica, forcing Constantine XI to return Thebes to the duchy of Athens, and remove the tribute imposed in 1444. Murad II imposes his own tribute. The hangul alphabet is created in Korea, by King Sejong the Great of Joseon. The Hunmin Jeongeum, published during the year, is considered the start of this brand new scientific writing system. After hesitating for several weeks, Sultan Murad II of the Ottoman Empire, destroys the Hexamilion wall, in an assault that includes cannons. Murad and the Ottoman governor of Thessaly, Turakhan Beg, ravage the Peloponnese Peninsula at will, with the Sultan devastating the northern shore, while Glarentza and Turakhan raid in the interior. The Despotate of the Morea is turned into an Ottoman vassal state. Nuno Tristão is killed by natives in the coast of Senegal. Portuguese navigator Álvaro Fernandes reaches the mouth of the Casamance River in Senegal. The Precious Belt Bridge in China is fully reconstructed. In Italy, the siege of Cremona, by the condottieri troops of Francesco Piccinino and Luigi dal Verme, is raised after the arrival of Scaramuccia da Forlì. The Blarney Stone is set into a tower of Blarney Castle in Blarney, County Cork in Ireland.

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.