Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:14:13 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 321298 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #270 on: May 30, 2018, 04:10:22 AM »

The wave of assorted sicknesses continues to strike. My department is today down to me and half of Jim (he is only doing mornings after his breakdown).

*Looks out the window* Yup, no Taliban or Sovie.., sorry Russians coming over the horizon.

Doing my job successfully then.

Cheered up people at work yesterday by showing them the photo I took of Ash done up as Ming The Merciless. None of the women can quite believe Kristi didn't kill me for that. Do these people have no fun in their lives? Bloody conformatists.

Ugly Kid Joe just came on the radio. Wow, that takes me back.

So here is a random question for you. Having (presumably if you are on this website) watched a ton of bad movies you have no doubt saw many films where someone in a house alone hears a noise and goes to investigate. Here is the question. If you are alone in the house and hear a strange noise what do you do? Do you be like the person on the screen and go check it out being aware that you have almost screamed at the TV telling the person not to be so stupid, or do you secure the room you are in and not venture forth until morning or what?

I am down to 1860 days left in my job. In 1860 The State Bank of the Russian Empire is established, the paddle steamer Lady Elgin was lost in Lake Michigan with 340 people drowned. Abe Lincoln was elected president of the USA. British and French troops captured Beijing leading to the signing of the Treaty of Tientsin and ending the Second Opium War. Britain also launched its first Ironclad warship (HMS Warrior).

One of the two new guys assigned to work in our department arrived yesterday. As everyone who works here has an obsessive hobby I asked what his was. Turns out he is into WW1 re-enactments. He is also ginger haired and has therefore automatically lost any and all arguments before the begin.

Looked into some of the Flat Earther's beliefs. Apparantly Australia is a lie and does not exist. Airline pilots are all in on this deception and while you may think you have been there, you haven't. They landed somewhere else. TV shows and movies from Oz are all computer generated fakes.

Next, I shall have to try and find out why it would benefit someone out there to convince the world that it was round and have this gigantic conspiracy. And is it just Australia that is fake or is it the whole southern hemisphere that is fake? Does that mean that our very own Trevor is in fact a Max Headroom, computer generated type person?

Enquiring minds want to know.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #271 on: May 30, 2018, 07:22:02 AM »

Does that mean that our very own Trevor is in fact a Max Headroom, computer generated type person?

Enquiring minds want to know.

TeddyR TeddyR

After Matt Frewer came to South Africa to make Darfur for this guy

he wasn't the same ever again.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #272 on: May 31, 2018, 05:21:44 AM »

A heavy fog hangs over Lossiemouth this week. Visibility is down to somewhere between 50 to 100 meters. Despite my highest hopes however, no ghostly pirate ships have come out of it to spread murder and mayhem.

Our visitor (Cheri) is off on a tour of the highlands today so I’ll have a few hours with just Kristi and Ash tonight. I like those quiet moments. Ash is starting to put himself to sleep without being held until he drifts off. He still likes to be held, and as much as I love having him in my arms I need to get him sending himself off to sleep. A couple of nights ago he was lying on my chest. I looked down and he had the widest, crazy looking eyes staring up at me, and he was clawing away with his sharp little baby nails. All I could see of his was his head, shoulders and arms with this insane looking stare and I thought “F**K! I am being attacked by Belial from The Basket Case!”

He makes me such a proud dad at moments like that.

Cheri (Kristi’s friend from the states) commented that Ash looks delicious. I guess San Diego has its own cult of cannibal baby eating women. She will not be spending any alone time with Ash until she is safely on her way to Norway, the next stop on her world tour.
I just hope she isn’t planning on eating a baby from every stop on her tour. She did mention that she wanted to eat something unusual from every country, but I thought she meant like, haggis and stuff.

Maybe I should have suggested she visits Ayr and goes to see the caves where Sawney Bean and his three generations of descendants lived. She’d fit right in with them.

Either as a fellow cannibal or possibly in their bellies (although to the best of my knowledge the entire Bean clan was wiped out, but you just never know, maybe some of them escaped, had children and continue to munch down on lone travellers).
So, what is the most messed up thing you know about concerning the history of where you grew up?

Oh, don’t get the impression that Cheri is an unwelcome guest. She is fun and an undemanding visitor. We are also prepping for our next two visitors (that we know of), while also trying to get away together. This is looking unlikely given how many people we have off right now.

Just checked out the window. Still no Taliban, ISIS or Russians invading at the moment, nor any army of French people running away having encountered a dangerous looking blade of grass… or whatever causes French armies to run away. During the middle ages they (French knights) did earn the nickname of “Hares in armour” and it took them a long time to shake that one off.

But then losing a fight when you ambush the enemy and outnumber him 15 to 1 will get you that kind of moniker.

Everyone else for various reasons seems super stressed out right now. I am just sitting her in my own private oasis of calm. Had a nice beach walk last night. Don’t recall ever seeing the tide out as far as it was yesterday. The beach looked endless and I could have walked along it for hours. Had Ash in a harness and he slept for most of the walk, although he neatly managed to wake up just as we got back home. I thought having a late evening sleep might have kept him awake all night again, but the fresh air seemed to work and he slept quite well. Kristi did wake up about 3am with him, got him back to sleep and then couldn’t get back to sleep herself.

I figure that is just her body balancing things up for the 18 to 23 ˝ hours she slept per day while pregnant.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:53:31 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #273 on: May 31, 2018, 09:39:26 AM »

"So, what is the most messed up thing you know about concerning the history of where you grew up?"

I live in Greenville, TX.  Our most sordid and awful bit of local history is that, 110 years ago, a black man was burned alive on the courthouse square here for having sex with a white woman.  Oh, and the locals took pictures of the event and sold them as post cards.

The American South was a VERY messed up place back then!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #274 on: June 01, 2018, 08:11:07 AM »

Boss stood me down from work today at lunch time. Never going to complain about an early stack.

Half way home I remembered two things.

One: Kristi was out for the day with Cheri.
Two: I had left my keys at home.

Kristi had however left the living room window open (but on a security latch). Took me seconds to run my finger along the bottom of the window frame, disconnect the latch and open the window wide.

On the one hand I am happy that I got in the house and did not have to sit outside like a spare prick at a wedding. On the other hand I keep asking Kristi to shut the windows before she goes out and not to leave the house unsecured so now I have to decide on wither to be annoyed or not.

Equally I am guilty of leaving the utility room window open for the cat. I guess not being annoyed wins the day. Besides it is Friday, it is a payday weekend and the weather is glorious. Whats not to like?

Oh and if you don't know about the Pineapple and Pen thing, in the name of all the gods, science or the flying spaghetti monster DO NOT google Pineapple and Pen!

Having one of my regular "People are talking too much" moods when I just want everyone around me to, well not shut up but not use more words than are required. I very much like it when people can give me whatever information they feel the need to give me, but in as few words as possible.

Considering how much I love reading I consider this odd, especially how much I go for longer books.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 06:07:08 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #275 on: June 01, 2018, 07:20:14 PM »

It is somewhere north of 1 am and I am not feeling tired yet. I should get sleep while I can, but its been rare for me to be so wakeful recently so I am going to enjoy it while I can. Spent most of the night listening to old tunes.

Including this awesome slice of 80's cheese.

Small | Large

Shame Zodiac Mindwarp never quite managed to equal the heights of their debut album after that.

If I had a copy of Axel Pressbutton to read I'd have no random desires left to fulfil right now. Or at least none for tonight. Last day with Cheri tomorrow, so hoping everyone will want to do something with the day rather than just hanging about and 'chilling'. She has picked up a Californian valley girl accent and every time she speaks I keep wondering what the question was.

Perhaps I would go to bed, but Kristi has camped out in the middle of it and is all spread out so I am not sure there is actually any room for me in the bed. This is odd considering the number of times I've been woken up and told I need to move over the bed to let her in only for me to have to point out I am already at the edge of the bed and moving over any further would involve me falling onto the floor. Since Kristi is a thermal vampire and lives on my body heat I suspect should I fall out of bed and thus deny her my body heat, she'd freeze to death. More than once I have woken up to find the only reason I've not fallen out of bed is because I am holding onto Kristi.

Hmm, was just sent a link I may need to watch later and see if it is any good.

! No longer available Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 08:15:42 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #276 on: June 02, 2018, 02:20:21 PM »

Hmm, got an odd FB message from a group with an interesting name asking how much my services cost. I wonder which services in particular they are asking about. Still it is nice to know random strangers want to pay me to do what ever it is that they want me to do lol.

Saw Cheri off this afternoon as she heads off on the next leg of her trip. She is seeing Edinburgh tomorrow followed by Norway and making her way around until she ends up in Australia. I imagine she'll be heading back to California after that.

Was on a forum dealing with a long defunct roleplaying system. The author was talking about how great it was, how clever he was at writing it and slagging off other systems (primarily D&D). I like both systems, but I couldn't help but think "Yeah, that is why your game was cancelled within a few years of coming out and D&D has managed about 40 years. Damn clever there Mr Davis!"

Mind you that isn't the first time I've read something like that. I picked up a copy of an old British rpg called Dragon Warriors where the writer went on about how much he loathed games like D&D and he wanted a more fully formed realistically functional world. Seemed a rather strong turn of phrase to use for the game without which you would never even have had the idea for your version. Oh well, that was another game that went down the toilet.

Maybe instead of being b***hy they should have sat and taken notes instead? Oh well.

Ash managed to roll over today. Got a video of him doing it, which I tried to post up but won't seem to work. Oh well, I guess you'll just have to figure out some way to survive without ever seeing that.

Oh well, I should get back to writing tomorrow nights game.

Good night out there... What ever you are!

316zombie
« Reply #277 on: June 02, 2018, 04:55:26 PM »

the most messed up thing i can think of about middleboro..hhmm...well, it will be 350 years old next year, and it's part of an area referred to as " the bridgewater triangle" by those into the supernatural elements of this country. it's also wampanoag country, i am part wampanoag.
   to this day, parents still use the pukwudgies to terrorise children, much like other areas of the country use the bogeyman. the messed up part is that pukwudgies ARE real and have been seen many times, usually by children. kids know they only torment grownups, but the grownups forget that when they grow up, i guess. i always wondered if all people forget stuff like that when they grow up, or just the ones in my town. i wasn't born there, i've never forgotten that the puks LIKE kids.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #278 on: June 03, 2018, 04:06:09 PM »

So after playing role playing games since I was twelve I finally saw the first funeral of a dead party member.

To be fair though he was the NPC who drove their wagon for them (he was a crotchity old man with an addicition to driving as fast as possible, swearing, drinking amd who owned a Blunderbuss that everyone else in the party thought was a magical item never having seen firearms before).

Never mind that when the party cleric died after being bitten in two by a giant albino crocodilegator, they left his body lying in the sewer without a backward glance.

When I asked the party about this they replied "But Bran was useful!"

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2018, 05:13:56 PM »

A certain amount of hotdesking goes on between shifts at work. Shona often complains about the state of the desk she works at when she starts her shift. Crumbs and reminants of food, coffee mugs that have not been washed and so on.

Kristi baked a bunch of chocolate chip cookies and ginger cookies to take to work in a couple of resealable bags. Guess where I put all the crumbs from the bottom of those bags?

Heh heh heh.

The thing that gets me is no matter how many times I pull tricks like these and no matter how many times I tell people it was me that did it, they always blame someone else. I mean you'd think after the third time they'd figure it out.

316zombie
« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2018, 02:24:29 PM »

do they ask you who you're covering for when you tell them it was you? i used to get that alot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2018, 02:41:57 PM »

No, just when I tell them it was me they go "Oh yeah, the guy who caught us out with many things before has caught us out again. How the hell did I not think of that beforehand."

Funnily enough though when Kristi does something I always get the blame right away.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2018, 07:39:37 AM »

Hmm, got an odd FB message from a group with an interesting name asking how much my services cost. I wonder which services in particular they are asking about. Still it is nice to know random strangers want to pay me to do what ever it is that they want me to do lol.

What are your services and what do they cost?  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #283 on: June 07, 2018, 05:20:14 PM »

Thanks to working nights the weekend has started now. Cheers Heading into Aberdeen tomorrow to go see Jurassic World, Deadpool 2 and possibly Solo depending on how much time we have available. Looking forward to it. Kristi has decided she is going down to see my mum next week and take little Ash down. With the number of people we have off sick at work I have no chance of getting leave at the moment to join her.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2018, 05:59:15 PM »

So we got to see' Jurassic World 2' and 'Solo' with Ash. He slept through most of Jurassic World, but he sat on my lap wide eyed and gurgling happily through 'Solo'. I am lining up our next film to watch together

Picked up some fun stuff from Plan 9 (my 'local' games shop. Or as local as a place that is almost two hours away can be), including a new Munchkin set. Started reading a novel I last read when I was eight (King Solomons Mines) on the train.

Still couldn't get the wee fella into see Deadpool 2 though.

Trevor, if you want to know how much my services cost, just PM me what you want and I'll send you a quote.

Wandered into a second hand bookshop. The owner fell in love with Ash and insisted we leave with some free books for him.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.