Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:57:23 AM
714337 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 320940 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #285 on: June 08, 2018, 09:54:29 PM »

Man, we're not getting Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom until June 22!!  How do YOU rate???   Hatred BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #286 on: June 09, 2018, 06:45:16 AM »

Indy, it is terrible. You will hate it with a passion. Imagine if George Lucas had been asked a direct it. If you dare watch it you will leave the cinema with blood gushing from your eyes as your brain attempts to avoid further pain by shutting itself down.

Only joking. I thought it was interesting. Not as good as the previous one, but still worth a watch and the ending poses some questions that are worth asking. I can't say too much about that though without going all spoilerifc. If you fancy a trip to the movies it is worth going to see. If not, then it isn't the end of the world if you catch it on TV later. It does feel very rushed though. What I thought was going to be the main focus of the movie turns out to only be the opening act and the film has to pack a lot in, in not a lot of time.

I make no secret that I find people generally confusing. I can be pretty good at figuring out what any particular person will do in a given situation, but I never quite understand the why as the consequences are often not useful to them. One of the little things I've noticed about people however is that if they have their eyes closed, it means they do not want to talk. I consider it to be an important social more if you like. Interestingly enough, my wife who is by far the more sociable one of us (What do you mean you want to have dinner guests around tonight, didn't we invite people around to dinner five years ago and you want more people already???), seems to be completely oblivious to this. I can be lying in bed either asleep, trying to sleep or engaging in mindfulness exercises (I am not convinced they work, but I was asked to do them as part of my depression therapy, although when I am concentrating on my inner self and trying to imagine my leg breathing all I can think of is how it lacks lungs and breathing apperatus in general, and since it isn't designed to swell up with an intake of air that it would actually be an incredibly painful experience to undergo. Why imaging this is supposed to help me I have no idea) and yet she (Kristi) will just let loose with a constant barrage of questions while I am trying to imagine myself being the centre of a whole world of pain.

Having considered all the possibilities I have came to the conclussion that it is some sort of test where if I lose my temper or even just ask for peace and quiet that I will instantly fail. However I am not convinced that lying there ignoring the questions is also a good choice. I consider being woken up by a ton of questions to be the 4th worst way to wake up that I have experienced (1st being licked by a dog or some other pet, 2nd During an earthquake & 3rd Having a razor blade dragged down my arm so someone could lick my blood).

Anyway, dealing with this sort of thing tends to leave me feeling somewhat emotionally worn out, hence why at 11 am I cracked open a beer for some spiritual healing. Beer is good, beer is your friend. Your liver is evil and must be punished!

Ash decided at 3 am to wake up and has been awake since. I told Kristi to get some sleep while I took him out for a wlak. She is still napping which means she gets a nice rest and has the unintended, but still useful consequence of meaning I don't have to wonder why I am being asked all these questions. Is there something deeper behind them all? Isn't silence lovely. I enjoy silence. Why can't I have some right now?

I do love her, she is an awesome person and way more than I deserve. I just struggle to understand her motives at times. But then, she is hardly unique there.

Sharks, now there is something I understand. You see it = You eat it. Babies seem to follow the same equation but in a more complicated way that involves much more crying and changing nappies.

I like sharks.

Time for a second beer since I made the last one last an amazing one hour and twenty minutes. Shame I just can't spend the day getting drunk. I remember doing that as a teenager and enjoying spending all day just having some beers. Surprising how something so simple could be so enjoyable.

Got the leader of Kristi's church coming around tonight with some guy who is interested in joining, but also likes D&D type stuff, so they are coming around for a games night. I am wondering what I should dig out. Possibly one I have, that hasn't been played yet called 'Dante's Inferno'. The idea of it is to save souls from hell by going in and resucing them.

Dragon Quest also generally works. The one problem is that the church guy (Perry), gets uber competitive at games and does not take losing well.

Possibly this is why I enjoy beating him so much lol.

I think today needs a song of the day. I am going to go with one of the classics for it.

! No longer available Small | Large

Ash seems to like a bit of Led Zepplin. We heard 'Immigrant Song' being played a few times yesterday and when Robert Plant was giving it his Aaaaaaaahhaaaaaaahhhh bit, Ash kept joining in.

I consider this to be a good sign.

And I bet this post still isn't long enough to satisfy Trevor, however I have a cunning plan to fix that.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #287 on: June 09, 2018, 09:18:16 AM »

Good post, man!
As far as JW goes, if it has dinosaurs stomping around and eating people, I am in!
I do love that the new franchise includes a mosasaur, since I have found hundreds of bones from those critters over they years.
Of course, their mosasaur appears to be about twice the length of the longest known specimen on record, but still, it's neat to see the big guy on screen.
(FWIW, I dug up the biggest member of the mosasaur family ever found in Texas - he's somewhere between 48 and 52 feet long!)
Well, I'll leave you to your beer and baby!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #288 on: June 09, 2018, 09:56:49 AM »

Well the Mosasaur does make a couple of appearances so that should keep you happy. Make sure you pay attention at the end of the movie when Jeff Goldblum is speaking. Eating people does happen but be prepared to sit through a lot of movie before you see any of that.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #289 on: June 09, 2018, 09:54:59 PM »

Duly noted!
I love this entire franchise - even JP3, which wasn't that great, but the pterdactyls were SO cool!

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #290 on: June 09, 2018, 10:00:37 PM »

I have a cousin who did some of the computer effects for the second and third movies.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #291 on: June 10, 2018, 02:24:56 PM »

Decided today to make someone afraid just by saying something nice to them and reassuring them that nothing bad is going to happen to them.

The more I insist that I am just paying him a compliment the more he will worry.

He could just accept I am being nice to him and maybe feel a tiny bit better, but I'll bet he won't.

Watching a slasher movie I've not seen before. Over half an hour into it and the first victim has just been killed. It does seem to have Ted Ramini in it though. And I can't see him and not think of this song...

! No longer available Small | Large

He should so have gotten his own spin off series.

My little brother went to see Jurassic World 2 yesterday, my older brothers wife and kids went to see it today. I think pretty much everyone I know has seen it now.

Well, except Indy obviously. I think he is going to be the last guy on the planet to get to see it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:32:11 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #292 on: June 11, 2018, 02:47:23 AM »

And I bet this post still isn't long enough to satisfy Trevor, however I have a cunning plan to fix that.

TeddyR TeddyR

Nah, it's OK, thanks  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #293 on: June 11, 2018, 02:53:18 AM »

Man, we're not getting Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom until June 22!!  How do YOU rate???   Hatred BounceGiggle

It was released here last Friday.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #294 on: June 11, 2018, 04:58:54 AM »

So are you going to see it before Indy too? Man, that poor guy is going to have such a hard time avoiding spoilers. I bet if aliens were to land tomorrow, they'd have picked up some stray transmissions and got to see it before Indy too.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #295 on: June 11, 2018, 05:03:07 AM »

So are you going to see it before Indy too? Man, that poor guy is going to have such a hard time avoiding spoilers. I bet if aliens were to land tomorrow, they'd have picked up some stray transmissions and got to see it before Indy too.

TeddyR TeddyR

I've heard that when Chris Pratt stretches out his arm to Blue and says "You know me" he gets it bitten off.  Wink

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #296 on: June 11, 2018, 08:38:41 AM »

You guys!!   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #297 on: June 11, 2018, 08:51:37 AM »

You guys!!   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Also, Bryce Dallas Howard wears roller skates instead of high heels this time  Wink

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #298 on: June 11, 2018, 11:10:03 AM »

Still, it brought a tear to my eye when the T-Rex won the presidency despite all the dirty tricks tried against him and celebrated by eating all the other candidates.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #299 on: June 11, 2018, 11:22:26 AM »

Still, it brought a tear to my eye when the T-Rex won the presidency despite all the dirty tricks tried against him and celebrated by eating all the other candidates.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.