Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:28:01 AM
714307 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 320349 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »

You guys!!   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

You know we love (to tease) you really.

I did a rather silly thing today. Jim offered to show me a video on his phone and I let curiosity got the better of me.

So, this video (and I promise you, this won’t be going the way you’d initially assume) featured two attractive and very naked women.

One is bent over and tied (well her legs seemed to be wrapped in cling film) securely to a metal 'A' frame with her bare bum sticking up in the air. The other woman has a conker, maybe an inch radius and with its spikey outer shell still on. And she also has a catapult that seems to be built into the floor and a couple of feet worth of elastic material attached.

She fires the spiked ball at the other womans butt eventually getting it to hit, well we will term it the ‘bullseye’ where it then sticks. This is then accompanied by (and not unexpectedly I have to say) some squeals and screams from the bound woman in no recognisably human language.

Welcome to my morning. How does your compare? I do have to say, out of all the video's I have heard Jim talking about, this one was comparitively tame.

Our old boss found out today that she is now our old boss and is now in a new post. She took it well I thought. Terry (the new boss), is a pretty chilled out guy who I’ve known for a few years so got no worries about working for him going ahead.

Kristi and Ash leave to head down to my mums tomorrow. What will I do all left alone in the house myself?

Loud music, bad movies and alcohol may be a feature.

Woohoo!

To be honest I would rather go with them, but for various reasons we are down to two serviceable people left (me and Inhumanly Tall Dave) working, one of us has to cover days and the other nights. If either of us joins the list of sicknotes, then there is a big problem.

I love cuddling up to that woman of mine. I am sure when I am sleeping uninterrupted by babies needing fed through the night I’ll miss her. Although I do have to be fair and mention that Kristi mostly does that during the week so I can sleep and be ready for work the next day. I try to cover the weekends but sometimes she decides I need to sleep and covers them too.

Lovely woman.😊

I guess that also means I get to cook for myself. If I am cooking you are pretty much going to get either a steak, a cheese burger, fish finger sandwich or I’ll randomly fry up any unfinished opened packets of stuff from the freezer.

If I am hungry enough you might even get all four options, but that is pretty rare. Hmm, I could have a hot curry. Used to love eating very hot food, but as they set off Kristi’s allergies I don’t get to eat them very often and I’ve found my tolerance has went down without regular practise.

Boss wanted a get to know you chat earlier. Hmm, I don’t like them. My favoured option is for my bosses to know neither my name or face, although with the man power cuts we’ve had, that is an almost impossible position to get into nowadays.

Dug out one of the board games we hadn't yet played (funnily enough a Dungeons & Dragons one). It is a very kid friendly one that we will have to play with Ash when he is a bit older.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #301 on: June 12, 2018, 11:45:43 AM »

So trump and kim have signed something, but no one seems to know any of the details. Anyone care to take a guess on what they have signed before the details come out? Is North Korea going to become the newest US state? In a more serious guess I'd imagine that in return for reducing troop numbers in South Korea the North is going to get rid of its nuclear weapons. Kim is going to be very happy because he is getting legitimised on a world wide stage and that means a lot to his ego. He did look a lot more composed and in control body language wise than trump who came off as being a bit desperate to control things, while Kim just sat there calmly, and making it look like he is the one in control.

I await more details with interest. Traditionally history has looked back poorly on people who sign treaties with dictators. Will be interesting to watch how this one goes, especially given the USA's increasingly poor reputation for signing treaties and then backing out of them recently, something that seemed to start being mentioned in international news when Bush backed out of the Kyoto Protocols, but has reached a height under trump with the increasing view that an agreement of any kind with the US is only good until the next president comes along.

Makes for an interesting time to be watching world events, trying to figure out where the world is going and so on.

Sometimes I wish it is a time I could be reading about in a history book rather than living through it though.

I wonder how our own "interpid" leader (she of the voice like nails being dragged down a blackboard) is currently doing, floating between the various camps within her own party and simply drifting on the tides of what stream keeps her in power rather than forging her own path. I do not think she is going to be a PM who makes the history books or is long remembered. Unable to keep her promises or stick to any one course she just gets carried along. It is no way to run a country.

Well, you can run a country that way. Mostly into the ground. We have a situation where unemployment is heading downwards, but people are worse off because although more jobs are being made they simply don't pay enough. Possibly more worrying is that many companies are making plans to relocate to mainland Europe and those low paying jobs might not be available for long.

Sometimes you've just got to expect the worst and hope for the best.

Kristi has travelled down to stay with my mum until the end of the week. Got some relations who couldn't travel up to see Ash, so she is taking him down to meet them. Hoping they'll manage to meet up with Aaron and Leona too while they are down there.

Watching an 80's sword and sandles film I haven't seen before called Sorceress. It has the same music score as Battle Beyond The Stars, but more boobs. I guess that is an improvement.

Before heading off, my good lady was nice enough to prepare me some pork belly. Time to enjoy it I think. :)

I think I like pork belly even more than I liked Jurassic World 2 (I bet you thought you were going to get away without any more mentions of this Indy. Don't worry, only 10 more days to go. 10 days of no Jurassic World 2, no dinosaurs chomping down on people, no seeing if the leading lady turns up with high heels on this time. A mere 240 hours still to anticipate it).

Unless of course a giant meteor crashes into the earth and wipes out everyone (or any other similar extinction level event. I mean volcano's are pretty active right now, maybe an undetected super volcano is prepping to blow?). Then you just wouldn't get to see it at all! How terrible would that be?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:56:32 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #302 on: June 12, 2018, 02:34:18 PM »

That's all right, my home movie theater in heaven is stocked with every film that ever has been made/will be made, including the lost director's cut of NOSFERATU.  There is  also a Dr. Pepper fountain in the front yard, an all you can eat sushi buffet, and a pet T-Rex in the back yard.

So bring on the super-volcano! TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2018, 02:45:22 PM »

Other than the Dr Pepper (although my brother in law (who is a Dr Pepper addict) tells me the stuff they make in the US tastes entirely different to what they sell in the UK so maybe I'd like the taste of that stuff more) and sushi it does sound like a great place to watch the apocalypse from. :)

316zombie
« Reply #304 on: June 12, 2018, 07:41:42 PM »

sshhh...don't tell indi that baby groot IS the great dinosaur whisperer...sshhh...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #305 on: June 13, 2018, 06:30:43 AM »

Was Groot's cameo your favourite then? I liked Bill Murrays too.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #306 on: June 13, 2018, 12:26:17 PM »

Was walking into work this afternoon and my mind as usual was wandering around, mulling over what ever random thoughts happened to come through it. Was taken a little bit by surprise when a jogger suddenly passed me. As I hadn't heard her coming up behind me my brain instantly went into fight or flight mode and I my elbow automatically moved to hit her in the throat. Managed to quickly get control and stop it before my elbow had done more than move two inches.

Not quite sure how I'd have managed to explain accidently driving my elbow into some strangers throat otherwise.

Mind you, this morning when my alarm woke me up at 6am I thought "Why has my alarm went off, I am on nights this week." I reached over, put my alarm off and went back to sleep. At 06:55am I woke back up and rememebered that in fact I am on days this week and I now had fifteen minutes to get ready and leave for work so it wasn't the only slightly unusual thing to happen.

Good job I had shaved last night and ironed my uniform already. Anyway, I got into work on time and had a long lie in so it is all good.

The chocolate cupboard at work had one Kit Kat left in it. Knowing that many people at work love them I removed the said last Kit Kat and replaced it with a note which read "I have kidnapped the last Kit Kat. If you ever want to see it again leave one tray of non-sequentially numbered donuts on the table in Eng Records. Any police involvement and the chocolate bar gets it!"

Hopefully tomorrow we'll have fresh donuts. And if that doesn't work, I'll kidnap the tea and coffee supplies instead.

Oh, one for RC. This is the cover of the Call Of Cthulhu movie I mentioned to you.

1845 days left in my job. In 1845 Britain was at the height of the first industrial revolution and had earned the title "The workshop of the world". The Irish Potato Famine was in full swing, eventually leading to the repeal of the Corn Tax in the UK. Poe's 'The Raven' was published, The Texas Annexation Bill was voted through and Florida also joined the union. The first edition of Scientific American was published, which is now the longest running American publication. Self raising flour was patented in Bristol, while in London rubber bands were patented. A a corrugated sheet-iron lifeboat was also patented in New York. HMS Erebus and HMS Terror set off to find the North West Passage. This did not go well for them. Tannhäuser premiered and Ether was first used to assist with childbirth.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #307 on: June 13, 2018, 12:28:15 PM »

I really enjoyed that version of THE CALL OF CTHULHU.  The same company did a version of THE WHISPERER IN DARKNESS that I have never seen.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #308 on: June 13, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »

It is worth a watch Indy.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #309 on: June 13, 2018, 12:58:46 PM »

Just for Barri.

There, a couple of bookshelf photos (shelvies?) where you should be able to make out the titles of the books.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #310 on: June 13, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »

There is just enough room for a couple of my novels to be tucked in there . . .

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #311 on: June 13, 2018, 01:39:32 PM »

If you do a horror novel (or novels) it will indeed find a place in those particular shelfs. Although I will of course expect you to sign it.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #312 on: June 13, 2018, 02:12:47 PM »

I don't know if I have a full-on horror novel on the horizon, but when I publish my short story anthology it will have a nice collection of horror tales in it.  Your wife might enjoy my current stuff, though.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #313 on: June 13, 2018, 02:28:01 PM »

Hmm, I am actually looking at the moment for christmas presents that she won't expect (remember folks only 28 more Mondays to go). That might just be something to add to the list.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #314 on: June 13, 2018, 02:54:36 PM »

This is most of our more religious type books (plus for some reason Kristi's LOTR soundtracks). I do have some more bibles and other holy books scattered around other shelfs.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.