Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:38:24 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 319508 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #540 on: September 14, 2018, 10:53:40 AM »

WAY off base, sven.
  ER, my maternal family all have titles like that. the weird part is that it's not just about food, it's about what we look like as well. my brother and sister are onionheads because they love onions, but also because they both have curly cowlicks literally on the tops of their heads and wide jaws.
  my 2 cousins mark& mark& i, we are potato heads, since we are the only ones with straight hair that molds to our heads( well, mine is long and gets shaggier the longer it is, like the eyes on potatoes), with very round heads, and we are incapable of passing up any kind of potato  dish. we will also eat them raw,  quite happily.
   " the bishop boys", who are all older than us, they are the carrotheads. they have long pointy faces and very shaggy hair that most have them have lost from the bottom up, instead of the top down. and they would live on carrots if they could.
  there are more, but that just gives you an idea where the names came from. family legend has it that my great grandmother, a full blooded cherokee started that tradition. she was a parsniphead, very pale skin for a full blood, lots of chin hair and loved parsnips roasted or fried into chips.
  yes, my family is a LITTLE odd, lol!

My brother Richie- who as a 7 year old- had a cowlick in the front-could not keep that boy's hair flat. My son Jed had the same thing going on!
We are mostly Norwegian, but  my Dad married a New York hillbilly (my Ma was adopted by a Georgia woman and a Jew who lived in the Bronx, but she was born in North Carolina) then a Pollack, and my best friends were Russian! This was when I was a kid.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:01:09 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #541 on: September 14, 2018, 01:52:41 PM »

Got up to a rainy day, so wasn't especially looking forward to going doing some high ropes stuff today. Enough people had been dragooned in that we had the full dozen places filled. Dave had asked for a mini bus, but a full 57 seater coach turned up. Given we ended up traveling on roads that were barely single track, that must have been fun for the driver. At one point he took a Wrong Turn, and the places we were going through reminded me of the movies of that name. Just as an aside are there really 7 of those Wrong Turn movies? I thought it was more than done by the third one. Anyway, I was watching out for people with more eyes than teeth playing a banjo and thinking of a quote from The Cabin In The Woods. I am hear the railroad will be coming through here any day now, and the streets will be paved with actual street...

Anyway, we got there a bit late thanks to the diversion. And some day I'll tell you all about the radioactive mutant cannibals.

The first event we were split into teams of three and had to make a tower out of milk crates. We went third and I was watching how the other teams were doing things. While they were just throwing up crates with someone on top as quickly as they could and climbing up two crates at a time. I said do two towers, start one with 4 crates and the other with 3, 'Chelly go on top and we'll pass up two crates at a time, but place them on the lower tower so you only have to climb up one at a time. Got 15 high in the end. The next event was climbing up a series of 6 logs hung vertically 5 or 6 feet above each other. This I struggled with, being a bit shorter than most people but we did get to the second highest tier. Finally we had to climb up a ladder onto a platform 20 feet off the ground and leap off, trying to go far enough to hit a bouy hanging in the air, then dance in the air as you head to the ground. Everyone managed to do that, which is unusual and we did have a few people with a fear of heights. I find a fear of heights to be totally irrational.

My own personal fear there, is more of sudden stops at the bottom of heights, which is entirely sensible. Ever seen someone fall 200 feet and hit a sharp granite outcropping head first? At that point they get a roll of gaffer tape to hold the two halves of the head together and stop anything else falling out.

Jim forgot to bring some food with him and was complaining he was hungry. I had more food in my bag that I needed and thought about offering him some, but then I thought about the thing's he'd been saying behind my back and thought, nope you can stay hungry.

Oh, and internal organs smell really bad. Nothing quite prepares you for that smell the first time. It really isn't like the movies.

Unfortunately I managed to find out what I am doing tomorrow, what time I've to be there, who I am reporting to and where to find them, which is a damn shame because that was all my potential excuses for not doing it. Hopefully I'll get time off to go see the family, and since I seem to be on the emergency response team and in control of the armed guard, also hopefully there won't be any major incidents.

The family were all shopping in Elgin when we went through there, so I got dropped off in town and went to meet them. Elizabeth was engaging in her passion for going round charity shops. Walked into one and Kristi shouted me over. She'd spotted a copy of a board game I have really wanted for a long time (Pandemic) for £3. Right beside it I spotted a copy of a wargame I also wanted (Memoir '44), also for £3, so we picked up both and I am rather chuffed with those purchases. Both are in perfect condition, no dents, dings or parts missing and look as if they have never acutally been played. From the prices I've seen them at in the shop I would say getting both of them would normally cost maybe £75. Combined with getting Twilight Imperium for £50 earlier this month, it has been a good one for getting board games.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:20:02 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #542 on: September 14, 2018, 02:27:40 PM »

I saw Wrong Turn 4 last night: yikes!  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #543 on: September 15, 2018, 02:34:07 AM »

Spent a chunk of last night trolling a couple of rabid fan boys. Someone in a Star Wars group posted who would win between Vader and Thor. Without too much thought I put Vader simply because I like him more. This offended a few of them who are determined to prove me wrong. I went to bed last night leaving them arguing and this morning got up and pointed out that Vader would win simply because the House of Mouse owns both IP's and Star Wars gets a lot more money put in to it that The Avengers, so they'd go with the money regardless of who is more powerful.

I then got a little bit mean and pointed out that the people at the top didn't really care about what fan boys think and it all came down to the $. Wonder if they'll keep biting.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #544 on: September 15, 2018, 11:38:14 AM »

Went into camp and did my work. Spent most of the day guarding a temporary gate to allow civilians on, and as it came up to my lunch break the Flight Sergeant in charge of the police told us we'd have to stay longer as there had been a road traffic accident on the Lossie/Elgin road and that throughway was now closed off so our gate was the only way on or off, all available man power had been called out to do something and we would now get a 20 minute break rather than the 2 hours we'd been promised. The FS had also been told that since we were volunteers and not on duty we were not entitled to have a lunch provided for us, which is BS. If we are in uniform and working on camp under orders, that is duty. Anyway, she got us all vouchers for £4 each with which to get some food, which she told us were in our briefing room.

We got dropped off, went to the briefing room and lo and behold, no vouchers. Eventually we found them in the possestion of an officer, but half of our 20 minute break was gone, but off we trundled to the mess. Turned out the mess knew nothing about it and we had now spent all twenty minutes. Suggested the guys quickly grabbed some food from the shop (and if anyone didn't have any money on them, as a responsible JNCO I would have got them something to eat) and headed back up to the pickup point. Turned out our vouchers were good for any of the burger vans around, but they had huge queues at them and we didn't have time to get anything now.

Some body builder was going to see if he could do a solo pull of a Typhoon. Now these things way a couple of tons, even if they do have wheels. Anyway, apparently he just got it moving and his Achilles tendon snapped.

He was surrounded by his co-workers who being aircraft technicians immediently started mocking him. When he gets back to work he is never going to hear the end of that one, but I suspect that won't be for a few months. Someone did phone an ambulance eventually and off he got carted to the local hospital.

Anyway, we were on the exit gate for the finish a few hours later when the RAF police liason came over and said there was just one car left in the parking area and as soon as they found the owner we could all go home. I suggested that perhaps the car belonged to (can you guess who I am going to say?)...

The guy who had tried to pull the Typhoon.

That idea met with approval and we got to close the crash gate and go home. Other than happening to bump into them when I went to the shop in my 20 minute break I didn't get to spend any time with the family though. Unfortunately that is part of the job, but that doesn't stop it from being annoying.

Anyway, hope everyone else is having a good weekend and may all your bad movies be absolutely terrible. :)

PS I've not checked on the Star Wars thread but I am pretty sure they are all still arguing about it lol. Maybe I'll go back in a week and start it all up again.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #545 on: September 15, 2018, 03:01:58 PM »

Thor would floss his teeth with Vader, man. No discussion necessary.  BounceGiggle

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #546 on: September 15, 2018, 03:08:17 PM »

*sigh* Vader force chokes Thor. Vader wins. Vader uses the force to A) Hold Thor in place and B) Beat him to death with his own hammer without touching it (again using the force. Vader turns up on the Death Star and blows Thor's planet to hell. Thor surivives the blast but has to spend centuries having to fly through space to the nearest inhabited world.

Ultimately, Vader wins because Disney owns both IP's and is going to go with where the money is. He might be a blonde pretty boy, but he has been defeated by Squirrel Girl, Mantis, Hel, Scarlet Witch. Yeah, your god of thunder gets beat up by little girls.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #547 on: September 15, 2018, 03:51:16 PM »

I know nothing of the movie Thor, never seen any of the Marvel films, not a one, but the real Thor, the one my buddy makes sacrices to, well now. I can settle this with one word: Thor is a god, so therefore Thor wins. QED. Honestly must be sunspots over Scotrum today.  TongueOut

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #548 on: September 15, 2018, 04:03:29 PM »

As The Hulk would say "Puny God!"

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #549 on: September 15, 2018, 04:07:05 PM »

Oh and while Thor is as you say "a god" Vader I think you will find is "The God". :D

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #550 on: September 15, 2018, 04:16:52 PM »

I'm not knockin' The Dark Lord O' the Sith, he kicks a lotta vash'tac for a guy without genitals, I just think Thor could take him because:
A. Thor's a god
B. Thor's a Viking God.
C. Thor's real.

And might I again add:  TongueOut

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #551 on: September 15, 2018, 04:21:05 PM »

You think Thor is real? Oh my dear did you learn nothing from those catholic priests and the whole Golden Calf pyramid scheme?

"Shame.... shame.... shame... shame.... Hulk smash.... shame...."

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #552 on: September 15, 2018, 04:34:09 PM »

PS Was Jesus the brother of Thor then? And if so was he the younger or older one as this has huge implications for their psycholoigy otherise.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #553 on: September 15, 2018, 04:38:35 PM »

I refer you to Son O'God comics  for a true hero.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #554 on: September 15, 2018, 04:50:05 PM »

I will only accept the son of god as a saviour if he is played my Nathon Fillion and the chatacter is called The Holy Avenger.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.