Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:15:51 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 313090 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2018, 04:31:44 PM »

We used to get capture and interogation courses. Basically you get dropped off in the middle of a wilderness area (yes, we still actually do have some in the UK), and you are supposed to evade capture by some special forces guys. At some point they will decide you've been out there long enough and just pick you up. I am sure they can do it pretty much at will. No matter how clever you think you are, they know how to find you.

Oh and the worst thing you can do at that point is decide you are a big hard man (or woman for that matter) who is going to fight his/her way out of it. Expect to have bones broken if you try this one.

Anyway, when they do get you, its bag over the head time and its time to see what you'd be put through if you got captured for real which can involve a whole variety of techniques.

I do agree that violent techniques are rarely productive. You'll say anything to get that to stop at some point, but how do you tell the truth from the lies? There are ways out there of breaking anyone no matter how tough you are without laying a finger on you, although being violent to someone else and making the person you are interogating watch seems to work well. I know that's one I struggle with. You can hit me a fair bit and I'll take so much, but threaten to hit someone else, especially a woman and that's it.

Ever seen someone held in a room and told they can leave if the soil themselves first? It seems about 90% of people are totally unable to do that no matter what they are offered, even their freedom. They have to be left until they just can't hold it anymore.

Ooooh, aren't we being all cloak and dagger today lol?

Ever do the wave pool? lolol Oh, boy. Nothing to do with interrogation, only training and testing, and it's voluntary though if you don't do it you're forever a wuss in the eyes of your team members who have done it, but imagine lying on your back in a specially designed wave pool which is set to send gently-moving currents of varying sizes over top of you for varying lengths of time, and all you have to do is stand up and it ends, but again, it's about how long you can last lying there while waves cover you, not for long each inundation, but it can feel that way. It sounds simple but it's not. The waves cover your face, sometimes just barely, sometimes you could put your arm up and not be out of water, and they rush back and then creep up again with no pattern or rhythm, and you never know when, they build up around you and build and you lie there and you fight panic and you think is this one going to be deep or shallow, so you're holding your breath, knowing they're monitoring you, they're not going to drown you (on purpose) praying the thirty minutes ends, you gasp in air when you're uncovered, you lie there panting, and you never know if you'll have seconds or longer before it begins once again. Water goes into your ears over and over, your nose, it grabs your hair, it sways you, the chugging sound as it flows, it's all you can do to keep letting it happen over and over, knowing another is coming and you must keep lying flat on this ledge near the pool's side if you're going to make it through. Occasionally they blare music out loud enough to make you jump.

And oh, yeah, it's done in darkness.

It's insanity but the feeling you get when it's over is one of the best in life, plus everyone in the team has to buy you something from the vending machine.  Cheers

I was so young, too.

(And I bet James never did it.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2018, 04:39:39 PM »

Have you ever seen Creepshow?

Oh wait, I forgot, you've never seen any bad movies ever. :P

Anyway, I was figuring you should get James on a work outing to a beach somewhere and bury him up to his neck in the sand when the tide is out. Pick a nice spot some distance below high tide.

Ok, so the plan went a bit sour for Leslie Neilson, but Ted Danson didn't look so good afterwards either.

I can't say I've ever had the option to do a wave pool, but it does sound fun.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2018, 04:46:36 PM »

Have you ever seen Creepshow?

Oh wait, I forgot, you've never seen any bad movies ever. :P

Anyway, I was figuring you should get James on a work outing to a beach somewhere and bury him up to his neck in the sand when the tide is out. Pick a nice spot some distance below high tide.

Ok, so the plan went a bit sour for Leslie Neilson, but Ted Danson didn't look so good afterwards either.

I can't say I've ever had the option to do a wave pool, but it does sound fun.

WAIT! Stop the presses (do they even still HAVE presses???) I have seen Creepshow!!!

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2018, 04:53:08 PM »

O
M
G

Tonight truly has been a night of wonders.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2018, 04:49:04 AM »

It's funny the things we obsess over. Sometimes it will be someone we love or hate (or perhaps both and this is called stalking in polite society and is frowned on), a movie, a mental image a date on a calendar, a food you crave or just something totally random.

For me right now it seems to be a song. Its a cover version that I think is far superior to the original and I can't help thinking if it had been released as a single would have had a good chance of giving them a number one. I find myself listening to it every chance I get. According to itunes I've listened to it 35 times in the last 4 weeks. Plus a few more times I've listened to it on CD, or watched the video on youtube.

Anyway, have a totally different song to brighten up your day.

! No longer available Small | Large

Did you know the guy who sang Big Bad John (Jimmy Dean) played a gay hitman in a James Bond movie?

Speaking of obsessions and James Bond, Max at work has an obsession for a Bond girl who was transsexual. I wonder if his wife knows about this kink?

But then Max is a slightly odd chap. Sometimes I think I am the only sane person in my work. Or at least the most sane one.

On Monday we are moving offices around so my department, my bosses boss and a couple of other related departments are going to be together in the one big room rather than split between three rooms as we currently are. That is going to be interesting to see how it works out. One of the guys I will be working with I have in the past threatened with physical violence thanks to his racist comments. He is also a bit of a perv. I mean I can ignore him dreaming out our bosses boss in tight rubber with a whip, but to me sniffing a chair a woman has been sitting in is just down right creepy. Or is this a thing that everyone else does. and I just have never had the urge to do?

I do have three songs that summon up just how I am actually feeling today though.

What can I do to corrupt the world this fine day? Perhaps sir or madam you would care to engage in a trade for your soul? After all you don't use it and you won't miss it at all. Just sign on the dotted line here...

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:31:32 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2018, 12:44:35 PM »

Just went slightly ballistic on my older brother on his views on migrants. He has been posting stuff for a while that to avoid a family argument I've done my best to ignore. The post he made the other day though finally got me to snap. I had made a reply to something he said and then had to step back for a few days to be this coherent.

"As someone who has a migrent wife and who knows other people who have immigrated to this country I can assure you they are not getting free healthcare. By this summer I think my bills will be around £10,000. The other people I know who have came to this country are facing similar bills. Beyond the headlines of things like the Daily Mail I have yet to come across anyone who is actually getting this much touted free health care (unless you are talking about the people from the EU where we are also entitled to healthcare in return until we leave).
And at least one of the guys out there in Saudi was offered a job back home with similar pay to what he is getting out there, but chose to go out there instead... Wasn't forced, had the option to and chose to go.
Personally I don't care if you pay tax or not, but I was pointing out that if you are going to live in a glass house you just might want to be careful about throwing stones.
Personally I've ignored a lot of the absolute bollocks and s**te you have been posting about migrants repeatidly, but every time you have I've seen Kristi getting hurt by it. If you are going to keep doing it I am simply going to cut off contact with you. I am not going to see my wife and child hurt any more with this ignorant bulls**t from you. Your choice on where this goes next but I have more than had enough of this. You can either have these views or my family in your life, but not both.
Oh and just so you know, I stayed off facebook for a couple of days to calm down enough to write this. Hope that gives you some idea of just how angry you have made me on this for quite a while now."

Waiting to see what he decides to do now.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2018, 03:22:34 PM »

We went for a walk this evening. Kristi decided that the horns and tail I had growing were enough and we needed a nice wander down the shore front.

This is the east beach in the late evening. The water closest to us is the river Lossie, with the North Sea in the rear.

This is part of the shore front of Lossiemouth.

Looking out over to Moray Firth. Scotland in winter.

The local golf club house.

Someone out sailing
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 03:38:42 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2018, 03:49:30 PM »

That's lovely. Where a river joins the sea is a prized place to find artifacts. I'd bet 1,000 to 1 Vikings landed there many times. Probably stone artifacts too.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2018, 03:58:07 PM »

A lot of the local area was actually under water until comparatively recently, including my workplace.

There is a castle a few miles inland that there are photos of boats sailing up to, just to give you an idea of how recently this changed. I can find out about vikings. My knowledge of local history only goes back to as far as the Stotfield fishing disaster (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stotfield_fishing_disaster if you are interested - short version every man in the village died).

Just down from the club house there is a memorial to the disaster.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:20:01 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2018, 06:08:23 PM »

Love the seashore pics!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2018, 04:51:39 AM »

Got dragged out for a walk. Normally it's me that makes Kristi go out for a walk, but she could see the way my moods have been this week and decided I needed some fresh air.

It was a lovely day out for a walk though and my darkness vapourised in the sunlight. What was just supposed to be an afternoon stroll turned into us popping into a local shop and picking up a bunch of Scooby Doo movies, a couple of pictures of tall ships that I really liked and a book on the history of the Normans (that would be the French type people, not people called Norman in general, although if you were called Norman I guess that would be a pretty cool thing to have a book all about people with the same name as you). When we got down the harbour front we decided to pop into one of the local restaurants (one we hadn't tried since it switched owners) for a meal. Took ages for our meals to get cooked, but I enjoyed just sitting holding hands with Kristi smiling, joking and wondering what the baby has in store for us and himself in the future. When the food finally arrived it was pretty good fare so I think it is somewhere we will try again (I do have to say, the onion rings tasted a bit off though, perhaps even a slight tad sour as if they'd been soaked in vinegar before cooking or something), although we'll know not to go there if we are absolutely starving and need food now. By the time we got out just after four the afternoon had faded into evening and it was starting to get dark. The air was feeling a little moist so we took a couple more pictures and then decided to head home.

Yesterday was a good day. And I hope it was good for everyone

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2018, 07:53:17 AM »

Started watching a show on Netflix called Crazyhead. Initally the premise is nothing new, a couple of women find they have the ability to see demons, but unlike Buffy for example they have no other special abilities to deal with them. They are not martial arts experts and have no special knowledge of the occult. They have to google how to carry out an exercism and get into an argument when the first stage involves peeing on the person possessed.

Its something a bit different and has me interested enough so far to keep watching.

Done some prep for the parental visit tomorrow. Got the hall and stairs hoovered and cleaned out the oven while Kristi was out shopping. Still more I had planned to do, but I don't think it will all happen. Kristi is sleeping after her trip out. Poor dear is exhausted.

Thinking about taking a trip overseas to help a friend deal with a problem. I figure a day travelling each way and one to help out, maybe two if we make it fun and I can be back before the week is out. With all the stuff I've been dealing with recently helping someone else out with a problem should be pleasently stress relieving.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:44:55 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2018, 05:44:56 PM »

So another day at work passes, much as many before and no doubt as a few more to go yet (1959 left at most). Got away early to go to a scan with Kristi. I always find that a little difficult as to get there I have to pass the room where we lost Lilly Beth. This morning we had about a month to go before Ash arrives. Jump forward a few hours and well now he is pencilled in for the 8th. With Kristi being diabetic they are going to induce her early rather than waiting on the baby turning up on his own. At the moment he weighs about 2 1/2 kilos (maybe 6 pounds in old money).

Wow, just over two weeks to go. When you are being deployed it feels like it is months and months away until suddenly its happening in a week or two. We figured the baby would be like that, didn't expect the date to leap forward though. Certainly not three weeks.

Ever had a friend who you just wish you could hug and make things all better for them? But hey, if you happen to know who you are and are reading this then know you are in my thoughts if that helps.

Got the family watching Jonathon Strange & Mr Norrell on DVD since they have not seen it before. Now we are moving onto Krull which like most 80's fantasy stuff rocks.

Having a couple of whiskeys tonight and some fine bottles ales just in case I am in shock over the baby being here in sixteen days (subject to an appointment next week). Do I count myself as a dad at that point? Does Lilly Beth count for me being one already? (these are questions for me alone to answer, I am just being overly introspective at this moment. Alcohol may not be helping here).

I have never said this to Kristi, but for me to accept her god the way she would like, well to me I would have to say you have this being who controls everything in the universe and he decided our baby should die and to me that is murder. No one could ever persuade me otherwise. There is just no way I could ever pray to a deity who did that. It is a subject where my thoughts run very deep and I could spend a week, month or even a year explaining them and still not have scratched the surface.

Was listening to people being very jingoistic earlier. That sort of thing always amuses me. Empires, countries, even cities... they rise and fall and what does it really mean? Take a look at some ancient temples in Greece for example. What has any country made recently that will last as those ruins have, or the Pyramids. Ah the transcience of our achievements and how much we think of how little we create. When I was a kid I used to think the human race would grow and mature, ending up as something like the future predicted in Star Trek: TOS. I wish I could still believe that.

Lol, from me writing this you wouldn't believe I am totally hyper right now.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2018, 02:43:31 PM »

Well that is the buggy arrived and built up. All we need now is for the right size matress to turn up for the cot. I gave Kristi the measurements in inches thinking she would be able to deal with them easier than metric (although without a doubt, metric is the simpler system), but she'd to convert them into centimeters and got the size wrong, so the first mattress was too small. I then gave her the measurements the way they needed and the company sent us the wrong size.

At this point we are just getting one custom made.

At work today it was the annual formal inspection. An air officer (top of the tree type people), comes around, inspects the camp and assuming we pass we get awarded an extra day off as a thank you. It also means wearing a long sleeve shirt and tie rather than the more comfortable short sleeve shirts, and of course wearing our SD hats (or twat hats as we commonly call them). I have a problem that the RAF really doesn't do shirts in my size. I can have one that fits my arm length, but the collar is so tight that I can't breath, or I can have one that I can breath in but the sleeves will be hanging somewhere around my knees.

And none of the easy solutions to this that you have just thought of are allowed. I tried them and gotten away with some of them for a while but sooner or later someone notices. Yup, even that one.

Every new baby in Scotland is entitled to a baby box filled with various things that come in useful for a newborn. Its an idea taken from one of the Nordic countries (I think Finland, but I am not sure). You get baby clothes, an ear thermometer, nappies, and various other sundry items. The box itself has a padded bottom and can be used as a cot if needs be. Anyway, ours arrived today and I opened it infront of my mum.

Anyway, the box contains a poem as well, which since ER reads these posts and likes poetry I'll repeat here.

Jackie Kay
Welcome Wee One

"O ma darlin wee one
At last you are here in the wurld
And wi’ aa your wisdom
Your een bricht as the stars,
You've filled this hoose with licht,
Yer trusty wee haun, your globe o' a heid,
My cherished yin, my hert's ain!

O my darlin wee one
The hale wurld welcomes ye:
The mune glowes; the hearth wairms.
Let your life hae luck, health, charm,
Ye are my bonny blessed bairn,
My small miraculous gift.
I never kent luve like this."

If you need a translation of that let me know.  TongueOut

The first thing I picked up when I reached in the box was a couple of packets of condoms. Just what you want to do in front of your mum and sister.

Anyway, some of the other items are:

Mattress
Fitted cot sheets
Satin edged cellular blanket
Mattress protector
Pramsuit with hood
All-in-one day suit
Romper and bodysuit set
Scratch mittens
Short-sleeved bodysuit
Long-sleeved bodysuit
Long-sleeved bodysuit with integral scratch mitten
Long-sleeved wraparound bodysuit
Footed leggings
Fleece jacket with hood
Jersey trousers
Baby wrap
Hooded bath towel
Real nappy and liners
Digital ear thermometer and replacement hygiene cover
Natural bath sponge
Bath and room baby thermometer and battery
Dribbler bib
Organic cotton muslin squares
Comforter / soother toy
PlayTalkRead play mat
PlayTalkRead travel changing mat
Baby book
Nursing pads

The family are sitting downstairs talking. I think they are about to watch Wonder Woman, so I am taking the chance to go have a nice long relaxifying bath, shave my head and then join them for a bit. Maybe we'll even try a board game. I wonder how my mum would be with Pandemic Cthulhu?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2018, 03:29:40 PM »

That's a lovely poem, but Jackie Kay sure couldn't spell.  Wink

(Blah, if someone had sent me a baby box with a packet of condoms, I wouldn't have Irish twins today.)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.