Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:08:12 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 312959 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #645 on: October 17, 2018, 04:21:25 PM »

Another rehearsal for my appearance on stage tonight. Went much better than the previous one. I seem to spend a lot of time tickling women's bellies though and patting men on the head. Took Kristi and Ash along, which meant of course keeping him up way past his regular bed time. As usual he was perfectly gracious about this and didn't scream or cry at all. I was wanting him to stay up later tonight in the hope he will sleep a bit later tomorrow since we'll be travelling until late tomorrow.

Anyway, even though I know it is just a play I am not entirely happy with the part where I have to order a dog to be put down.

The Warrant was looking for volunteers for parades and collecting for veterans charities for Remembrance Day next month. I normally volunteer for the collecting part, but this year I'll be down in Edinburgh that weekend meeting people who were famous in the 80's. Pointed out that I'll be away meeting my childhood hero and I've managed to avoid being voluntold for it. Since I've already covered two charity events for the station this year already I think someone else having a turn is not entirely unreasonable.

Used to have a VHS copy of Batman Forever (for my sins). Today for some reason I've been remembering an advert for a Batmam computer game. Can't remember what the game was called or what platform it was on, but I have the opening line of the song stuck in my head "Who fights with all his might but still never wins?" Oh well, I guess I have had worse and stranger ear worms. Still, it is curiously appropriate.

Finally getting to sit down and relax now after a fun day. We are finishing it off with watching 'The Fog'.

Today has been a damn fine day.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #646 on: October 19, 2018, 06:25:06 AM »

So down at my mum's now. Kristi and the other women have popped out on a quick shoe shopping expedition (at least I am hoping it will be short. Hoping against all experience and logic though. Not sure if that is optimism or insanity).

When she gets back we'll be heading up to Glasgow, book into the hotel and then head to the gig after a meal. Ash did pretty well for having two back to back late nghts. There were some short episodes of crying but no major screaming abdabs. Mum wanted me and Ash to go out with them, but I figured the little guy needs a more restful day. He was crying every two hours after we got in last night, although he never actually woke up. We took turns, one of us sitting with Ash and the other sleeping in the second spare room.

Although I was hoping for better weather it is perhaps more appropriate and thematic that we have a storm incoming.

Fcebook is reminding me that I'd just gotten back from the Falklands two years ago and posted up a load of pictures from the trip.

Dagon actually came up and settled on my lap last night and came back today. This is highly unusual behaviour for him. I'll be quite happy if he keeps doing this.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #647 on: October 20, 2018, 09:05:15 AM »

Ever wondered how much your vote is worth?

Believe it or not, some people's vote is a lot more valuable than others.

If you have voted for the same pollitical party your entire life and would never ever consider changing your vote, then your political party does not care about you. They have your vote already. Many people who fall into this group don't even really know what their parties policies actually mean or how they would affect them for better or worse. They are easily influenced by their news sources which are biased towards and only reinforce their existing views. This isn't always the case, but for most of them, yeah this has been identified as the largest group of voters throughout the world. They will hate the policies of the other side and find fault with them no matter what they are (although I do have to say it was funny seeing some guy in the US being interviewed who was very pro trump and saying how glad he was to see Obamacare going, and he wasn't worried because his healthcare was still being covered by the Affordable Healthcare Act being told they were one and the same and that he'd just voted to remove his own healthcare coverage. His face was a peach and as long as I live I might never forget the "Oh hell, what the f**k have I done" type look on his face).

The sad thing is, this describes the vast majority of people in democratic countries.

The people political groups have to actually work to get are what are termed "floating voters". People who sometimes vote one party and other times another. They may or not be more informed that the other group, but lets say that 40% of voters always vote for the Yellow Party, and 40% always vote for the Purple Party. That then leaves the remaining 20% to decide who actually gets to be in power. The diehards on each side tend to cancel each other out, leaving a minority of people to decide who gets to win.

The truth is (no matter how much most people want to deny it), that their are good and bad parts in almost every political outlook. If you can't see the good parts of it, you are missing a trick and the chances are you are indoctrinated into voting a certain way rather than making a rational choice (as much as you'll tell yourself otherwise).

Now, you may be reading this and thinking I am a floating voter telling everyone else they are idiots. Truth is having grown up in areas that were devistated by Thatcher's policies in the 80's I'll never vote for the main party of the right in the UK, the Tories. My votes have always went to moderate left wing groups (although I have changed which one I vote for depending on their policies). I have some education in economic models and at least have something I can use to base predictions on how policies will work out, although their is always the law of unintended consequences that makes it impossible to fully predict any change and I am certainly not an expert. But then the experts rarely seem to agree on how these things will work out either.

Unrestrained left wing economic policies will lead to hyper inflation, unrestrained right wing ones to the concentration of power and money in the hands of too few people, poor workers rights and abuses.

Just today's random thought processes.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #648 on: October 20, 2018, 01:30:24 PM »

Wow, 3000 points and it has only taken over four years.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #649 on: October 21, 2018, 07:59:20 AM »

Oh the way home. Weather is improved as we head north east. Went up to Glasgow mid afternoon on Friday and dropped our stuff off at the hotel, went for a meal and then off to the concert hall. Waited for about two hours before doors opening (which is much later than I'd normally go). Started wishing I'd went with the meet and greet package when the people got to go in for that, but while I had the money, I have other priorities to spend it on now. Still Mr Carpenter will just have to be content that this was the closest he will ever get to meeting me.

I'll try and remember to put up the photo's when I get home. Pretty sure I have never taken as many photos at a gig as I did that night. We got talking to a guy beside us in the queue. Turned out I have now met someone with more DVDs than me (he has over 30,000), and he was familiar with many of my favourite bad ones, even some pretty obscure ones (although he didn't know of Demon Cop). Anyway, I mentioned htis pplace to him so perhaps he'll drop by some time. Although I lives in Edinburgh he is from a part of Cornwall that time has forgotten so even if he does come here, I still get to be the resident Scotsman.

I keep hearing from Brexiteers (yes, that is now a word. The other side are refered to as Remoaners), that the UK would be alright if only the EU would give it a fair trade deal. This seems to be the same trade deal as we had before, only this time we don't have to pay any money into the EU.

I do not think that word means what they think it means. That would be like one of the states leaving the Union and expecting to retain all the benefits of statehood whle not havng any of the parts they don't like.

I wonder if I could secretly kill Elon Musk, take his place and use his money and tech companies to send out a colonisation effort to another planet, where the only rule is what I say goes. There will be a policy of one man, one vote. I will be that man, and the vote is entirely mine. Don't like it, go find your own tech billionaire to kill, replace then set up on a new world of your own choosing.

Hmm, what would my laws be....

1) Work starts  after lunchtme on Mondays, and ends at lunchtime on Fridays. Thus everyone is entitled to a long weekend, and no one has to worry about getting up early on Monday morning for work.

2) If you want the right to bear arms you have it. Our expert genetists and surgeons will graft a pair of bear arms onto you replacing your normal arms.

3) Gods will be treated like having a penis. It is a wonderful thing to have, great to play with but if you take your out and wave it around in front of my children you will lose it permantly.

4) People are allowed to be richer than others, however the more money you have the more the punishment for commiting a crime increases. This also goes for people in trusted positions of power such as policemen, politicians and what not.

5) Journalists, politicians and lawyers will either have to improve their standards or be subject to being hunted each year. Most likely by people who chose bear arms.

6) Different levels of criminal offenses will have different types of prisons. Some prisons will be decent places, where you will learn how to do something useful for society while working to pay off the cost of your conviction in some useful fashion. Others will be a lightless pit where you are thrown in and forgotten about.

7) Members of the armed forces will be able to shoot one civilian who makes their job more difficult per ten years that they serve. Civilian contractors will thus learn that they are being employed to help, not get in the way and make life more difficult. Or they will be shot.

8) People who help others will be officially recognised and get a tax break.

9) Politicians who have never served their country will be banned from starting a war, or sending people into harms way. They will also not receive medals just for having visited some troops in a war zone. They will not be given titles or honours to remind them that they do these jobs to serve the people, not themselves. Shoukd this prove to be insufficient they will receive some derogitory title. They will also receive a benefits package that does not exceed that of regular governmental employees.

10) Everyone willl pay a flat 10% tax on their annual earnings regardless of source. There are no loopholes, you will pay wither your salary is paid in money, or has goods included like a car, shares, house payments or what ever.

11) Everyone will get healthcare. In return for this you will be expected  to take reasonable care of yourself. If you choose to have a lifestyle that causes health problems you will be expected to contribute extra to cover for this (doing extreme sports, heavy drinks or smoking and so on).

12) Women will be entitled to one week every month to be spent in an empty cell where they will be served meals and otherwise left alone with chick flicks playing on a tv.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:55:46 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #650 on: October 21, 2018, 09:22:37 AM »

Sounds like I might enjoy living there!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #651 on: October 21, 2018, 01:34:43 PM »

Oh, since Dr Who has recently been a topic of conversation I thought I'd post these up from my trip to Glasgow.

I think in this one the Tardis might have accidently seen the new Dr getting changed.

And this one isn't from my trip, it just made me laugh...

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #652 on: October 21, 2018, 01:48:20 PM »

Some of the photos from the John Carpenter gig.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:01:35 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #653 on: October 21, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »

Decided to see if I could quickly write out a story on the train home, so here you go...

Taking the apocalypse corporate.

It started with the werewolves.

No one knows quite why, but it seems like one day they'd just had enough of living in the shadows. Those countries that had wide open wild spaces fell quickly. Canada, Australia (who the hell would have ever thought Australia had werewolfs?), Wales, Siberia...

All pretty much no go areas for humanity these days.

Of course we weren't going to take that lying down. We prepared our militaries and made ready to go in and kick some hairy arse! That was then we found out we had vampires amongst us. And it wasn't like the movies. Those things don't have so many weaknesses that it is amazing they could get out of bed in the morning without falling down dead. Again.

Any city with over a million people in it as it turned out also had a substantial population of vampires ready to feed on them. If the were's were going to come out of the shadows, why should the lords of the night be any different. When they called Dracula the Prince of Darkness they weren't kidding. All manner of undead were at their command. Want to visit somewhere like London or New York today, you better be able to deal with not just the vampires, but the hordes of zombies at their command, not to mention the humans in thrall to their predators.

Central America... Jeez, no one can even guess what the hell is going on down there, but no one who goes in there comes out alive. Or at all. Our satellites can't even see that area, although we are pretty sure it is still there.

I think it was the fae who appeared next. Kicked the werewolves out of Britain, claiming the islands as their own once more. That was also our first inkling that these creatures don't get along with each other any more than they get on with humans. Turns out part of the reason they hadn't wiped us out before is that they all hate each other more than us. Might be the only reason we've been able to cling onto existence at all.
Other than many of them need us to feed on of course, or to breed.

Oh, my name is Jess. I am a hunter. What do I hunt? Well, all the things that hunt us basically. Of course I don't do it alone. No human could hope to go one on one with the Universals. Why do we call them Universals? Well back before all this started out some guys used to make movies with all these creatures in them, only they aren't like the ones you've seen that tell you how to kill them, they were make believe. Anyway, one of these groups called their films 'Universal' and they did them about werewolfs, vampires and all sorts of other creatures of the night so as a sort of joke that is what we call them.

Wonder if it was those bastards that caused all this? Maybe they didn't like how they were being portrayed in these movies and rebelled against them. Humanity wiped out by a bunch of film critics.

There are about a dozen members of our team. We have a pretty high turnover rate and its not really worth remembering the new guys names until they've been around a month or two. it just works better that way. Sometimes you don't want to know the name of the guy you are scrubbing out of your denims.

We live and work out of our customised Battle Bus. Officially its called a Grumman Landship 3000, but we all call it the Battle Bus. Three inch thick armour all over, enough to keep a rampaging pack of were's out. Well for a while at least. UV spotlights for dealing with vamps, top mounted high ex rockets for... well pretty much everything. Front assault guns, every 100th round is silver coated for weres, armour plating is cold iron which takes care of a hell of lot of demons and faeries... all sorts of weapons. The flame throwers are my favourite though. Not a lot (except the demons), is immune to them. Of course, not everything is quite as safe and easy to deal with as the ones we can take out with our ranged weapons, and even then it only weakens a lot of creatures. Most of the time you have to finish them off, up close and personal. Cutting their heads off is pretty much the only way to be sure. Then we stuff the mouth full of a mixture of stuff. Salt, earth, few herbs and spices. I don't know the story behind it but we call it the Colonels Special Sauce. Then we burn the head. With all this on board, you don't get a great turn of speed out of them, 50 miles an hour tops, but they sure do make you feel safe when you are inside.

So, anyway we were resting up in some roadside motel. Those things are beacons of civilisation in the wilderness. Heavily protected against Universal's, a group of hunters out on a deep patrol know they can rest easy in one of them. We weren't the only group staying there either. Five other Battle Buses were parked up inside. Got to be figuring you aren't going to get much safer than that right?

Well that is exactly what we were figuring too.

We'd been on a run deep into Canada. Travelling for about 3 months, starting to run low on supplies and were thinking about heading south again. We'd collected plenty of pelts for a good bounty, not to mention a whole nest of vamp's we'd wiped out. The money from this trip would give us a pretty damn good time off. Well we could even retire if we wanted to from this kind of trip, but once you are in the life of a hunter, well what the hell else would you do if you quit? Not that most of us get the chance to retire. If you last a month you can consider yourself a veteran. Me? Well as it happens I celebrated my first year in the job last week.

We'd all gathered in Mike's room, cracked open a few beers and were swapping war stories when there was a knock at the door. Larry the tech guy (no idea if that was his name or not, but the tech guy when I had joined was called Larry. A succubus had drained the life from him. We found him, a dry husk when we'd gotten back from taking out a Rakshasa in the south east. No idea what happened to the succubus. Maybe she starved to death? Larry was a total nerd and couldn't have given her much of a meal. Still I've seen plenty of guys go out in much worse ways. Beats getting trampled to death by a leprechaun on a pogo stick.

So anyway, Larry opens the door and speaks to whoever is on the other side. None of us can see who is there, 'cos even with the food shortage Larry has still managed to become a pretty big guy. It was a bit of a surprise to us when Larry fell to the sides.

Yeah, I know I said to the sides. Its what I meant to say. The guy at the door was some kind of souped up ancient vampire and had just used the edge of his hand to cut Larry in half from his nuts up to his head. One half fell left, one half fell right so to the sides like I said. We all moved pretty fast after that. You don't last long in this game if you can't, but most of us only had small arms on us and you need serious artillery to take down one of the ancients. This guy however, he was moving a lot faster. Parts of hunters were flying through the air as he tore through us like we were nothing man! Me and Milly, we could see we weren't even going to slow this guy down with what we had. Mike gave it a good try with a silver coated flick knife. If he'd stuck it in the heart it might have done some good, but he just caught it high in the shoulder, so we threw a chair through a window and followed it out sharpish. Everyone else was dead or dying, so I tossed a grenade through the window. We could hear Mike screaming as the bastard took his time with him, suddenly cut short with the foomph of the grenade going off. What we didn't know was that there was a whle bunch of other vamps round the front, and the explosion distracted them Gave us enough time to get to our Battle Bus and get inside. Turned out the whole damn place was a trap. They'd set up their own motel and been attracting hunter patrols then killing them, which explained the five other buses right?

Milly gunned the engines and we drove straight through the perimeter wall. A Battle Bus does not move fast, but when it is going it is unstoppable. Anyway, once we got out of there we could see the vamps chasing us on the rear view. I got into the rocket turret, and made sure that bastard who did for Mike was out there with the rest of them before launching a full spread right at them. No amount of hi ex will stop a vampire completely, but when you've blown his arms and legs off... well he tends to move a mite slower afters. So we stopped the bus, strapped on a chainsaw each and went out to finish the job. When we got to the old guy, his face all ripped open, body in pieces, well I took my time with him, just like he had wanted to with Mike. I didn't kill him though. Took his head off whatever the hi ex had left on his body, and pulled his fangs out. Then I decided f**k it and removed his entire lower jaw. Took his eyeballs too, but left him his ears then took the head for a walk into the woods and left it stuck high up in some tree. I know if he gets enough blood he can regrow his body, but best of luck with that one buddy.
By the time we got them all must have had anther 50 vampire heads to add to the collection. At first we were thinking wow, this bounty on top of what we already had, split between the pair of us instead of 12. Had no idea what to do with that much money. But as we realised on the drive back south, we were thinking too small there. Here is the thing, no one else owns that motel or the Battle Buses. We got salvage rights on all of it. So what we are going to do is go back up there with a few full crews and turn that motel into a proper base. Then we'll franchise out those buses to different local areas and clear each zone at a time. We'll advertise for settler in each safe zone once we've kicked the Universals out, buy more buses and keep spreading, setting up more strongpoints and using them to secure each area. People will pay to live in a safe zone and pay well. Then when Canada is sorted we'll look at going intercontinental and clean up the rest of the world. No more of this random wandering and picking them off where we come across them. I am talking about organised and professional, wholesale, corporate slaughter.

Eventually we'll run those creatures back to where we only know them from the movies. So how about it? You man enough to join up and get in on the ground floor of the next big thing? If you've got $10,000 as a security bond you can be the captain of your very own bus. The only question is, do you have the cahojes to take back the night?

I was even thinking about going to fetch that old vampires head. Maybe he could be a corporate mascot. I could let him know every week how many of his kind we've exterminated. If nothing else, it would be one hell of a conversation piece during dinner parties. I knew there was a good reason I left him his ears.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:55:38 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #654 on: October 22, 2018, 06:44:01 AM »

While I was down in Glasgow I decided to take Kristi to an old street market, place called The Barrowlands. When I was a kid it sold a treasure trove of things. You could go digging through piles of junk and never know what you'd find. Pirated DVD's, tobacco that had never seen customs, a banjo, second hand false teeth... When I was a kid there was a stall that sold toy cars for £1 and every weekend when we lived in Glasgow, I'd spend my pocket money on one. This time, it seemed a bit more depressing than when I was a child. Blame the internet I guess, but there were a lot less stalls, and there was a lot less treasures and a lot more junk. I did find a stall selling military toy memorabilia and they had an old Dinky car there amongst them. Figured it was around the right size to use in my wargames.

That's it compared to a work in progress resin cast version. British field artillery tractor. Of course I will now have to buy a second artillery piece for that one to be towing.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #655 on: October 22, 2018, 06:44:43 AM »

3) Gods will be treated like having a penis. It is a wonderful thing to have, great to play with but if you take your out and wave it around in front of my children you will lose it permantly.

Buggedout Buggedout Agreed.  Thumbup

12) Women will be entitled to one week every month to be spent in an empty cell where they will be served meals and otherwise left alone with chick flicks playing on a tv.

Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #656 on: October 22, 2018, 06:47:08 AM »

Some of the photos from the John Carpenter gig.

Hello there!

Oh, crap: Prince of Darkness! One of the most disturbing films ever!

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #657 on: October 22, 2018, 06:49:10 AM »

second hand false teeth...

Buggedout BuggedoutBounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I wash wondering where mine went to  Wink

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #658 on: October 22, 2018, 07:43:48 AM »

Oh, if you can identify each of the movies playing in the background you get a prize. To help you out here is a hint. They are all John Carpenter movies.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #659 on: October 22, 2018, 12:19:32 PM »

Trevor, when I am back there some time before Christmas I will see if I can see your teeth.

I did once see an artificial leg on sale there, if you happen to have lost one of them too.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.