Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:30:20 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 312957 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #660 on: October 22, 2018, 06:41:38 PM »

Hey, I really liked that short story, man!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #661 on: October 23, 2018, 03:24:21 AM »

Trevor, when I am back there some time before Christmas I will see if I can see your teeth.

Thanksh sho mush: can't eat anything but mush  Wink

I did once see an artificial leg on sale there, if you happen to have lost one of them too.

*Falls over* No, don't need one of those  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #662 on: October 23, 2018, 08:33:03 AM »

Cool story, Alex!! I might have commented earlier but my hand got hurt when this little red-haired guy in green clothes knocked me down with a pogo stick. Weird...

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #663 on: October 23, 2018, 12:08:25 PM »

Hey, I really liked that short story, man!!!

Thanks, it is a world I think I'd be interested in exploring more and writing more stories in.

Cool story, Alex!! I might have commented earlier but my hand got hurt when this little red-haired guy in green clothes knocked me down with a pogo stick. Weird...

I have no idea why I decided to throw in a Leprechaun reference, but there you go. Bonus karma to anyone who actually knows without googling which movie that happens in.

Lol, maybe I should sent it to Universal saying this is how you should do The Dark Universe, not as a superhero thing, but as horror.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 12:10:44 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #664 on: October 24, 2018, 08:07:23 AM »

The wind howled all last night. Was nice to lie in bed, all nice and warm and listen to it. Kristi had a rough night last night so she is getting some sleep just now while me and Ash hang out watching bad movies.

Think the little man has sore gums at the moment. Went to give him a jar of apple crumble (something he normally loves) but every time I put the spoon in his mouth he was screaming, so I quit that and put some bonjela on his gums. Settled him down and he is now sleeping peacefully. He is going to be one hungry baby when he awakes.

Been playing the original version of WoW on a private server. Getting my character to the level where it is time to venture into Stranglethorn Vale (also known as STV or Strangenam). It is the first place where the two opposing factions quest in the same area and a lot of PVP stuff goes on. There are other places you can go to quest at those levels, but they are a bit more out of the way. And last time I did it solo, whereas this time I'll be in a 4 man group. Not that we are powerful enough to take down a decently equiped level 60 if one of them decides to gank us.

Going to be attending a discussion group on a series of military conflicts. First one is next month and the topic is airpower use during the Battle of Khe Sanh. Kristi likes to study Vietnam, so I've asked if she can attend too. Having someone from the US should give them a different perspective. I've always wondered if the reason the UK didn't get involved in that fight was a big FU! to the US after they'd refused to back us in Egypt. One of those things I'll never know for sure I guess.

Maybe they just figured the way it was being fought was a losing tactic and decided to stay out of it.

We've noticed that when we take Ash out he keeps smiling at pretty women and normally gets them talking to him. If me and Kristi are sitting in different rows and he can't see one he will cry until we swap him over to somewhere he can see one. Little flirt!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 08:55:47 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #665 on: October 24, 2018, 12:50:52 PM »

Hip deep in data mining tonight (HI HO HI HO). It is the same job from last night continuing on and I suspect I'll be doing it tomorrow night as well.

Unless I actually, y'know stay off this site and just do work all night and go home late.

Stress Head Jim swore off playing Pool online, said he was deleting the app from his phone and then started up a game with a £20,000,000 stake, which he won. Most nights I get to listen to a torrent of swear words as both he and Swim Boy curse at their phones (they both play the same game).

Told them to be less s**t at the game if they hated losing so much.

I think that is a lesson for everyone throughout life there.

Had to decide not to go to the Theatre club tonight with work (which is also why I have made less posts here tonight and I am not getting to work on any of my short stories either. How dare work interfere with this sort of thing!).

665 posts. The next post would be better if I didn't know that, that number was translated wrong. I believe it should be 660. 666, that is more the neighbourhood of the beast than the number of it.

Hmm, I wonder if anyone has ever written a story called that? Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett should have done a sequel to 'Good Omens' and called it that, but no. Terry had to be a selfish prick and go die. Although if I'd known he was going to kill of my favourite character before he died, then I might just have helped him on his way.

Bloody authors. Who do they think they are?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #666 on: October 25, 2018, 01:13:08 PM »

Got up with Ash this morning and in the midst of doing household stuff, I left him in the man cave with the door open just a crack so I could hear if he started crying. I then popped downstairs to sort out todays laundry (my life is a never ending (wash) cycle atm). Anyway I was in the utility room packing when I heard him crying (not his loud cry, just his regular "I want attention" cry). Anyway, there was Ash, curled up on the fourth step down.

I'll let you figure out for yourself how much that one freaked me out.

Anyway, either he has now figured out how to pull doors open, or my earlier theory about how baby puke and poop can end up in places that it logically could never be (it involves babies being able to move tiny distances at reality warping speeds).

Needless to say, the stair gate will now be going up.

Had to take Ash into Elgin with me today. He spent the journey back home charming some pensioners which he alternated with blowing raspberries on his mum. She tried moving him onto the 6 month plus milk today. Judging from just how much he vomited over her, I am going to say he did not like it. Although, he is preferring more solid fare than bottles (and has been for a couple of months now). He really only gets bottles during the night or if we are out.

Kristi is still having a bit of an adjustment shock with vanilla WoW. I think she is just realising now just how much the first guild she was in did to help her (which is a shame, as after she left she had nothing nice to say to anyone about it. Kinda hurt a bit as I was still playing in that guild (although to be fair while I was still an officer I had more or less lost interest in the game myself and was only logging in out of force of habit) and hearing her slag it off to random strangers online regularly, bugged me. I knew how much more difficult she'd have found things if she hadn't been in with us and I felt, ok you've moved on (leaving on good terms too) and that is fine, but there is no need to be nasty about your old guild. She did do a lot to pay back the help she'd been given once she got to a high enough level, but still... Anyway, it is just a game I guess). Even now she isn't quite getting just how hard the original game was, as she is playing with people who have been through it before and know all the little tricks of the trade to make life a bit easier, although learning that she knows almost nothing about the original game has been tough on her.

I wonder how she'd find it if she tries 40 man raids (I think nowadays raids don't get bigger than 20 or 25 people). Imagine trying to herd 40 cats. A couple of them know exactly what they are doing and have no distractions, others have kids, or parents wanting them to do things, many are drunk (and actually play better that way), while the majority have no idea what we are doing or where. That is old school raiding.

Sometimes I wonder how we ever managed to be quite as successful in end game raiding as we were. I was a damn good healer (ok, I'd go as far to say I was exceptional) back in vanilla, but for some reason I never did quite as well in the expansions. Maybe because by then I'd moved off a PVP server to a PVE one and my reflexes didn't get the regular sharpening caused by random open world fights?

And if you are wondering I came in under the drunk and playing better while in that state category.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #667 on: October 27, 2018, 07:14:31 AM »

Having what technically could be described as quiet time, although by this I mean the music I am listening to is via headphones so not to wake the rest of the household.

Been feeling slightly lost the past couple of days, which is odd considering I know exactly where I am.

Decided to make dinner last night. I've been attending some classes about healthy eating. You know the kind where they will talk individually about all the required amounts of what you need to eat and then explain how easy it is to eat that amount. It isn't coordinated though so when I am drinking my couple of litres of water a day and 30g of fibre etc etc I am sure in total I'll be overeating quite a lot.

Anyway, I made the dinner up according to the pie (hah!) chart they gave me, where pulses and vegetables make up most of the plate and a single strip of bacon for the protein (and because, well because of how most (but not all) of the vegans and vegetarians I know act I refuse to have a meal without some meat in it). I've never once had a conversation with a fellow carnivore where within the first five minutes it has been mentioned they are a meat eater, but for those who chose an alternative diet it seems to be compulsory to mention it within the first five minutes of the conversation.

Jokes on them. Everytime someone tells me they are vegan I go double on my next cheeseburger and add bacon to make up for them not eating meat.

Religion comes in many forms. It isn't always a god, and just because you have ideal it doesn't mean I am going to share it. I often find it interesting just how devoted to their ideal many atheists are. They are just as bad in their own way as the most self righteous believer. Ever read Richard Dawkins? I went through one of his books and while I agreed with the gist of what he was saying he just seemed to have no room in his mindset for any alternative. He was right and that was it. Maybe it is just me but I don't see the difference between a scientific and a religious fanatic. It's all a two sides of the same coin kind of deal.

Hmm, just heard a rapid aircraft launch (full afterburners and flying up vertically). On a Saturday morning that has to be a QRA launch. I guess the Russians are poking around the edges of our airspace once again in their antiquated cold war bombers. Guess they have some that are not falling out of the sky today.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:04:11 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #668 on: October 27, 2018, 12:27:06 PM »

The wind howled all last night. Was nice to lie in bed, all nice and warm and listen to it. Kristi had a rough night last night so she is getting some sleep just now while me and Ash hang out watching bad movies.

Think the little man has sore gums at the moment. Went to give him a jar of apple crumble (something he normally loves) but every time I put the spoon in his mouth he was screaming, so I quit that and put some bonjela on his gums. Settled him down and he is now sleeping peacefully. He is going to be one hungry baby when he awakes.

Been playing the original version of WoW on a private server. Getting my character to the level where it is time to venture into Stranglethorn Vale (also known as STV or Strangenam). It is the first place where the two opposing factions quest in the same area and a lot of PVP stuff goes on. There are other places you can go to quest at those levels, but they are a bit more out of the way. And last time I did it solo, whereas this time I'll be in a 4 man group. Not that we are powerful enough to take down a decently equiped level 60 if one of them decides to gank us.

Going to be attending a discussion group on a series of military conflicts. First one is next month and the topic is airpower use during the Battle of Khe Sanh. Kristi likes to study Vietnam, so I've asked if she can attend too. Having someone from the US should give them a different perspective. I've always wondered if the reason the UK didn't get involved in that fight was a big FU! to the US after they'd refused to back us in Egypt. One of those things I'll never know for sure I guess.

Maybe they just figured the way it was being fought was a losing tactic and decided to stay out of it.

We've noticed that when we take Ash out he keeps smiling at pretty women and normally gets them talking to him. If me and Kristi are sitting in different rows and he can't see one he will cry until we swap him over to somewhere he can see one. Little flirt!

You referred to a baby as little man. Thanks for rermidning me of one f the worst movies ever made.

J/K.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #669 on: October 28, 2018, 06:19:04 AM »

My sister in law tagged me in a post on Facebook asking what would happen if a vampire bit a zombie. Decided to post a pseudo scientific answer (to be honest I have no idea if recumberant R.N.A. could combine in the way I've suggested, I just thought it sounded like a nice bit of techno babble to add).

Well, assuming the revivication process takes at least a few hours the blood would be fairly congealed, and a bit gunky and gross making it hard to drink. Gravity works and the blood would pool in the lower parts of the body, so the traditional neck biting stuff would be problematic (although where vampires normally bite on the neck has a lot of muscle and would require a significant amount of chewing to get to the point where you could drink blood. A far better place to bite would be the sole of the foot, but I digress).

We have to make a few assumptions. Firstly that our somewhat desperate vampire does manage to get a drink, and we also then assume that both conditions are spread by bodily fluids (saliva in the case of the vampire and blood in the case of the zombie). A virus requires a live host to replicate so both diseases are going to find themselves in a bit of a bind in their new host, with neither virus able to gain a foothold in an already disease ridden deceased body (although I do understand that some viruses (cf Bubonic Plague) can lie dormant for centuries in deceased hosts).

However, we do in fokelore have stories that set a precident here. Eastern European folklore does have cases of vampiric zombies. At a guess I am going to say that the vampire becomes a carrier of the zombie virus, spreading it as he feeds, so anyone he chooses not to turn into a vampire becomes a zombie (as well as a further plague carrier). The zombie would rise anew as a revenant, feeding on the blood of the living but decaying. Mental facilties would largely be dependent then if the person was bitten while alive, or while as a zombie. For examples of this in popular media, check out the first Blade movie, with the guy in the pit near the end.

There is also a third possibility. The pair of viruses could cause each other to mutate or with recumberant R.N.A. develop into a new form, creating a new species of undead.

Hope that helps answer your question.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 06:25:30 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #670 on: October 29, 2018, 10:26:27 AM »

It's been a busy and tiring day today. I (we) didn't get to bed until after midnight, and pretty much as soon as our heads hit the pillows someone else decided to wake up and be all happy and making cheerful gurgling and giggling noises.

Eventually some time after one in the morning I said to Kristi that I'd need to go through and sleep in the spare room to get some shut eye before work.

Later on she told me that he'd taken another two hours before he fell asleep.

Today, his cheeks are bright red and there are a lot of tears, so I am going to say more teething is happening. Seems a very inefficient way of getting teeth, basically having them biting through the flesh of your jaws (which also goes in my proof that if god exists, then she is a woman file, as men would have designed an entirely more logical process). Maybe, we'd even have had retractable teeth or something. Keep them out the way when you don't need them and then like a cats claws you pop them out.

Lets not even get into how much pain I was in the night I was out and the temperature plummeted to deep in the minuses. I won't go into the details, but lets just say the coin purse wasn't being big enough to carry its load and it was incredibly painful. I just can't imagine that a man would've have put in that particular design feature.

Anyway, I think Kristi has a similar list of reasons why god would have to be male.

I'd blame evolution, but it isn't quite as easy to assign blame to a scientific principle. Anthropomorphic personifications are much easier to have a problem with and blame.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #671 on: October 30, 2018, 02:42:01 AM »

So Julian Assange's fallout with Ecudor continues. How dare they expect him to clean up after his own cat! (Pardon me my sarcasm there). In other news The Orville's second season is on the way. Really didn't think I'd like that one but Seth MacFarlane surprised me there. Since they never did a sequel to Galaxy Quest, I guess it will fill that spot on my entertainment schedule.

So the chancellor has decided on a bit of a tax giveaway before Brexit. I suspect this is more aimed at trying to persuade companies not to abandon the UK for the EU. Some British student has been arrested for spying in the UAE (although I've not heard what country he was accused of spying for), and a airline that was banned from flying in European airspace for its poor safety record for many years, has had an plane crash outside Jakarta. I hope they do find survivors. I do have a list of certain countries whose airlines I won't fly on because of their safety standards. Sadly Indonesia is one of those (although it might surprise you if you knew some of the other countries that are on that list).

Oh well, off to work and the delights that no doubt await.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #672 on: October 30, 2018, 05:50:13 AM »

So thinking about how to handle Nigel's redemption. By the rulebook, he can go and see any cleric, get a spell cast on him and he is restored in his god favour (assuming he feels bad about his actions anyway).

So how to handle his fall from grace. I've played paladins myself before, and if they've had this happen I normally (and quite gleefully), embrace the dark side.

But then, if I'd written Star Wars, the Emperor would have had Luke at "My young apprentice." Yup, ruling the galaxy I am good, with that, while immediately starting to figure out how to bump off the old geezer.

Can't be that hard to take out. A one handed asthmatic managed to lob him down a shaft after all, natch.

Anyway, back on topic. The whole spell thing seems a bit trite to me. I figure there should be some challenge involved. I could send him on a quest to regain his holier than thou'ness, but I am thinking a slightly different challenge. Right now I am inclined to make him confront not just his crime, but the consequences it would have beyond the immediate fact that he murdered someone for no other reason that this person was evil. Not because they had committed any crime (ok, she had. In fact, she had lured several victims for sacrifice by the cultists), but he did not know that for sure. He broke the laws of the city he was in, his code of moral conduct and so on and to me, that should require a bit more than he has said he is sorry, yup you are forgiven. I am not going to punish him for his crime, but show him the effects this had beyond his actions.

Ultimately I am hoping he will judge and punish himself accordingly.

Not to mention that even if his god forgives him, others out there may not be quite as understanding.

Or am I being too hard on him and should just play the scene out according to the rules?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:43:56 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #673 on: October 30, 2018, 03:10:39 PM »

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #674 on: October 31, 2018, 05:57:52 PM »

Got up this morning and prepared a bottle to feed to the little man, but he stubbornly refused to awaken the one day I was prepared for him. Anyway, went into work. Passed a bunch of American troops. Been seeing them around a lot over the past several months as part of the work up to us getting buying the P-8's.

Still wish they'd stuck with the Nimrod MR4 but such is life. Maybe it is better we didn't. I still remember how I felt the day we lost the MR2 over Afgan, wondering if I had done something wrong that had then went on and caused the deaths of those 14 soldiers. Can't imagine how it would be for their families to see them still flying.

Anyway, as the American's passed me I could hear a couple of them chatting in what I think were southern US accents. They were all bundled up in their cold weather gear and as I walked past in my general purpose (lightweight) jacket and short sleeved shirt I was thinking "Holy crap guys, if you put on all that stuff for this weather, come the end of January when winter really hits, you boys are going to freeze."

Oh well, I'd imagine they will acclimatise soon enough. It's always funny to see people come up here from the south of England and experience our weather, but eventually they learn to live with it.

Or they run back down south, tail firmly between legs.

The past couple of weeks I seem to have spent all my time at work filling in endless spread sheets. This is less exciting than it might sound.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.