Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:12:41 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 319511 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #750 on: December 03, 2018, 08:44:07 AM »

Woke up feeling refreshed this morning.

Yeah 03:00 this morning. Ash woke up within the hour and it ended up with all three of us wide awake. I finally managed to fall asleep around 07:00, but the alarm went off half an hour later and I'd to get up to see my mum and sister off. We all went back to bed feeling shattered but Ash decided not to play along. I slept until 11:00, then I got up and sent Kristi to bed.

Five minutes ago, Ash finally fell asleep.

Nothing important normally happens of a nightshift. I am sure I can sleep there right?

Sounds like a busy flying day. I can hear a lot of jets taking off. Ah, the sound of freedom. Wonder what the sound of military oppression is like? Presumably a more evil sort of jet roar? Maybe like Starscream. Just one of those things like the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter, an angel* and a devil. It just depends where so stand in relation to the fence.

*If you don't think you could ever confuse an angel and a demon, then you need to read a bit more. They were both the same thing once and seriously both of them get up to some pretty nasty s**t. Anyway I digress.

Considering the Bible talks about angels undertaking acts of mass destruction, maybe the difference in angels and demons is one stayed obedient.

Oh, and angels don't make anybody throw up pea soup.

Angels stayed obedient to a master who commanded them to murder children who had no control over the actions of a few adults who displeased him.

Yet somehow demons are considered the evil ones...  Lookingup

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #751 on: December 03, 2018, 08:54:53 AM »

Woke up feeling refreshed this morning.

Yeah 03:00 this morning. Ash woke up within the hour and it ended up with all three of us wide awake. I finally managed to fall asleep around 07:00, but the alarm went off half an hour later and I'd to get up to see my mum and sister off. We all went back to bed feeling shattered but Ash decided not to play along. I slept until 11:00, then I got up and sent Kristi to bed.

Five minutes ago, Ash finally fell asleep.

Nothing important normally happens of a nightshift. I am sure I can sleep there right?

Sounds like a busy flying day. I can hear a lot of jets taking off. Ah, the sound of freedom. Wonder what the sound of military oppression is like? Presumably a more evil sort of jet roar? Maybe like Starscream. Just one of those things like the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter, an angel* and a devil. It just depends where so stand in relation to the fence.

*If you don't think you could ever confuse an angel and a demon, then you need to read a bit more. They were both the same thing once and seriously both of them get up to some pretty nasty s**t. Anyway I digress.

Considering the Bible talks about angels undertaking acts of mass destruction, maybe the difference in angels and demons is one stayed obedient.

Oh, and angels don't make anybody throw up pea soup.

Angels stayed obedient to a master who commanded them to murder children who had no control over the actions of a few adults who displeased him.

Yet somehow demons are considered the evil ones...  Lookingup

Pea soup would burn your nose when you hurled it up. That's pretty evil.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #752 on: December 03, 2018, 04:23:59 PM »

Catching up on some of the drama that has been going on while I've been away.

Someone has been putting Jim's chair arms underneath his desk, then raising the height of it so it get's stuck under his desk, super gluing the lock of his locker, not to mention the damage to his car tyre. His paintwork was also keyed on his car.

If I hadn't been away for a week I'd have thought it was me.

Anyway Jim said he wasn't accusing one of the seniors of doing it, but he knew it was him that done it (to the seniors face), so he was told actually that was accusing him of having done it, and if he didn't back off then he'd be charged with insubordination.

Ah, kitchen sink drama. Always there when you don't have real problems to deal with.

Anyway, the upper management have made it clear they are not amused about the locker thing (I don't think they know about the rest of the stuff going on, Jim certainly hasn't told them). Personally I think it would be in Jim's own interest to let them know, but he is a grown ass adult and it is his choice.

And reference above, let's suppose for a moment that such entities are real. I wonder if you met one, would you know and if a devil claimed to be an angel could you tell? Medieval monk's were fond of telling how the fallen ones were disfigured and unclean, but they were wont to exaggerate, pontificate and lie in their bestiarum vocabulum. Plus, some of them mistook hallucinations caused by infected wounds for visions from god, so I don't know how much I am going to trust the writings of someone who whipped themselves bloody for a hit of a variant of LSD.

See http://the-toast.net/2015/04/01/two-medieval-monks-invent-bestiaries/, for a slightly humourous take on this.

Hmm, imagine if Hunter S Thompson had been given a time machine and went back to those days.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #753 on: December 04, 2018, 01:58:08 AM »

I can't say I have ever watched that one. I'll assume since you've watched it more than once though, that it is one that you enjoy.  Smile

You should watch it: great music by The Proclaimers, good acting - even though Peter Mullan sings like I do  Buggedout - some very emotional moments and a rousing flash mob bringing the hero and his lady back together with a wonderful version of 500 Miles.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 02:02:52 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #754 on: December 04, 2018, 09:56:51 AM »

Went down to the dentist's with Kristi this morning. Got Ash seen for his first appointment, which is a little strange since he doesn't have any teeth yet but I believe in starting early on these things. We went for a breakfast / lunch in The Salt Cellar, which we haven't been to since it changed ownership. A lot of the places to go in Lossiemouth seem to have changed hands recently. I guess with the base about to expand its manning by several hundred and all the new families coming in that will entail, now is a good time to invest.

Kristi was asking for more hints about what presents to get me, so I said a DAK force (http://store.warlordgames.com/collections/german-afrika-korps/products/afrika-korps-starter-army for example). Got plenty of choice in tanks and support weapons for my German's but I really need to work on the infantry. Sort of the opposite for my Japanese, got the manpower, need the support troops. Not that the Japanese have a huge choice there, or that what they do have available is much good. My allied armies are all in good shape though, so I don't need to work on them quite as much.

Nice day outside. Would have walked further than we did if I hadn't needed to go to work tonight and sort out stuff before I go.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #755 on: December 04, 2018, 03:22:27 PM »

Quiet night at work. Think I'll give it until the next DEOC shift comes in and then see if I can go home early. Checked out the window and the Chinese People's Liberation Army are not hoving into view over the horizon so I think everyone can sleep safely in their beds tonight.

Well, except those who live in places where is isn't safe to sleep at night. Like Elm Street.

On a 60's, 70's and 80's horror movie kick just now (Terror Island just now), having mined 80's horror for all it is worth and thinking about all the films that Peter Cushing and Donald Pleasance were in together, but yet how rarely they shared screen time. Land of the Minotaur, Flesh & the Fiends, but the number of others they were in together (especially the portmanteau movies that were discussed recently on another thread recently). Was also wondering wither Cushing played a better hero or villain. I am going to go with bad guy, mostly based on his performances as Baron Frankenstein, versus him as Van Helsing. He really managed to play a man obsessed in his Frankenstein movies well, someone to whom moral considerations don't even come into things in his pursuit of, not even scientific knowledge, just achieving his own personal goal. I feel Jeffrey Combs in Re-Animator owes a lot to Baron Frankenstein (or indeed Dr Knox in the aforementioned Flesh & the Fiends (which is actually a true story, or at least based on it, of two Irishmen living in Edinburgh who started off as grave robbers selling corpses to medical practioners, but who realised they could get more money for, shall we say fresher material and started killing people to sell). But then again, maybe he had never watched those movies, and the pair just happened to portray their characters in a similar fashion.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #756 on: December 04, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »

Some of my interests include folklore and mythology. Recently I've been looking for a specific type of fae and how to attract one in the vague hope that 1) They turn out to be real and 2) There is one that will make me cheese and toast, then bring it up to the man cave.

I've also been unsuccessful in finding a species of Thermal Vampire, so have came to the conclussion that my wife and child are in fact an undiscovered species, capable of suriving on my body heat.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #757 on: December 05, 2018, 03:03:40 PM »

So why Freddy Mercury?

This was a question that popped into my head today, while (strangely enough), some Queen songs happened to be playing in the background. It is a question that I have now and again wondered about over the years, but I guess I should explain the background a bit more.

When I heard Freddy Mercury had died, it was about 5 am on a cold winters morning. I was passing Ardrossan Cemetery at the time. I finished work around 07:30, got home, ready for school and then headed out about an hour later. I spent the entire day hearing Queen songs on the radio and I remember thinking "He can't be dead. I can hear him singing."

It took me a few days to accept he was gone.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like Queen's music. Not the worlds biggest fan, but I am quite happy to listen to them. Famous people I had liked before had died, ones I was a bigger fan of too and they had never quite affected me to that degree. At that age, I'd had family members, pets and friends die and I had no issues with coming to terms with that, beyond the usual grief. Certainly I never had any problems accepting they were gone. In the years since, many other people have died and in none of those cases have I had the same problem.

But yet, for some reason to this day I can remember exactly where I was, what I was doing and that I couldn't quite come to terms with him being dead. No other famous person dying has caused me that issue (and if it had then 2016 would have been even more of a nightmare of a year to get through for me than it already was).

So, why Freddy Mercury?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #758 on: December 05, 2018, 05:00:57 PM »

Dagon is rather unamused with me right now. He'd jumped up on my computer desk a few times (something to add to the "What's on your computer desk?" thread I guess), and I'd lifted him back down since I had a cup with paint thinner in on (also add that). Anyway, he jumped up again and knocked the cup over, spilling it all over himself.

Ever had to put a cat in the shower?

He managed to run out three times before we could get him in and close the doors. I'd to stand on the toilet and hold the shower head over the top of the doors spraying the poor beast as he ran around the shower. I know cat's hate water, but I'd rather he be uncomfortable for a minute than sick from cleaning it out of his fur himself.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #759 on: December 06, 2018, 04:18:51 AM »

Kristi came up with a new plan yesterday for getting Ash to get Ash to sleep through the night. It worked, so yay, we all got a good night's sleep.

Dagon still appears to be in something of a huff with us though, he didn't come over to me for attention this morning like he normally does.

Kristi asked me if I wanted more tanks for any of my armies last night. I know all the individual works are english, but I am not sure I understand the question. It is not possible for a wargamer to have too many tanks. Hell, the only time I am tempted to buy and GW stuff is because I never did get around to picking up a Baneblade to be the centre piece of my Imperial Guard army. I did like my column of Leman Russ's backed up by my Earthshaker cannons. If we were playing a big enough game, I could sit the three of them behind a hill somewhere, and with their 10-foot range, call down a barrage anywhere on the table.

Ah, those were the days, when I had spare time to spend on playing a game for an entire weekend.

Can't remember if I mentioned this or not before, but our friend who we thought sounded really ill and had to force her to go to the doctor's turned out she has Pneumonia.

Heading into Elgin today. Got a little tree for Lilly, and I'll pick up some flowers. Mum got a christmas train decoration she asked us to take up to her. Need to pick up some stuff in town as well, so we are having something of a family outing. Catch you all later.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #760 on: December 06, 2018, 04:30:16 AM »

What armies do you run?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #761 on: December 06, 2018, 08:33:25 AM »

For 40K? I had (from largest to smallest) Space Marines (around 800 figures including a full Terminator company, and a 30-40 strong Ravenwing assorted bike/speeder force), Imperial Guard (armoured fist - Praetorian's), Tyranid's, Chaos Marine, Eldar, Genestealer Cult, and Goff Ork's.

If it is WFB, I have a stupidly large Dark Elf army, Undead, and Chaos.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:07:27 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #762 on: December 06, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »

Went into speak to the DEOC about some work stuff, and found out flying had been canceled for the night.

Time then for an early stack me thinks! w00t!

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #763 on: December 06, 2018, 06:36:44 PM »

Been challenged to a game of Warhammer Fantasy Battle (3rd edition). The last few times I've played that, I've brought my Undead out to play. This next game I think I'll call on my Dark Elves just for a change. Suspect the game won't be until the new year, and my challenger will take a Chaos army (insanely strong in close combat, but no missile power and few in number). My Dark Elf's are good in missile combat and reasonable in missile, and while expensive troops point wise they are nowhere near as costly as Chaos warriors.

Looking forward to it, 3rd and 4th editions were my favourite Warhammer Fantasy era. It will just be a small battle to get back into the rules though. When my neighbour Kenny get's back from his current deployment in Nigeria, I'll check and see if he wants to join in since he likes WFB too.

I and Kristi decided to give each other a couple of presents to each other early. She'd gotten one of the pictures from the John Carpenter gig blown up and mounted on a canvas frame for me, and I gave her the soundtrack to The Greatest Showman. Got mine mounted on the wall and just finished listening to the soundtrack. She has also found out that I booked her tickets for us to go and see the Dropkick Murphy's next year. Figured she wouldn't want to be in a mosh pit (if this particular band has them, I know not. I just know she likes their music), so I got us balcony seats. Anyway, she likes presents where we go do something and make memories, whereas I like to get stuff I can play around with.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #764 on: December 07, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »

Feeling slightly exhausted this afternoon. No sleep last night and a crying baby this morning.

Still think it is worth it though.

Decided I had to get some housework done, so put him in his playpen with a bunch of toys, only for Ash to decide to scream the house down. After an hour of him still screaming (his I want attention cry, rather than any of his I am in distress cries) I thought, well fine. I'll put you in your cot, and stick some music on so while you may be screaming I won't hear it quite as much. Five minutes later he fell asleep, so all is peaceful and quiet just now. Got the living room cleaned up a bit, then prepped the dishes and laundry.

Ah, the excitement and drama of my life nowadays lol!

In between times, I am working on the player's castle for D&D. Got the ground floor done a while back, but the underground and upper floors need work. Got to make sure all the stair cases and what not match up on the different levels. Maybe I should just make the area a nexus of strange, chaotic energies and use that to explain why nothing matches up.

A wizard did it.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.