Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:41:26 PM
714252 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 319622 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #765 on: December 07, 2018, 10:34:23 AM »

Kristi went out to visit one of her friends today. She said she'd stay no more than an hour and then come home.

If she manages this I am hereby announcing that I will sit through an evening of her favourite musicals without complaint, while dressed as one of the women from Abba.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #766 on: December 07, 2018, 12:28:48 PM »

And five and a half hours after she left the house, Kristi still hasn't returned. I guess can consider myself safe from a night of musicals.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #767 on: December 07, 2018, 01:45:18 PM »

Decided to dig out Tales of the Golden Monkey and watch a couple of episodes. Maybe after that, I'll stick on some Jericho.

She said she should be home within an hour. Not going to hold my breath of that one either. In half an hour I'll give Ash a bath and then see if I can settle him down for the night.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #768 on: December 07, 2018, 04:45:54 PM »

Aaaand Kristi (finally) made it home. I was giving her until 20:00 to get here and then I was going to tell her that either she came home right now, or she stayed the night at Janet's since I didn't want her coming home late at the weekend and travelling with drunks. She brought me beer's too so bonus points there. She helped our friend get her house sorted out and done housework for her after she had an accident and broke her arm. I'd have gone there with her, but I am well aware of just how long that particular pairing spends chatting with each other and I didn't think Ash would be quite up to that.

Do you know anyone who claims they would welcome some kind of apocalypse? I've met a few over the years. Kinda makes me laugh. Not one of them ironically has been the kind of person who would last five minutes in that kind of situation. They are generally overweight, out of shape, require regular medical treatment, no idea how to grow their own food, hunt (or prepare meat for eating). Some of them even have young kids. I don't even want to start on the problems that would cause them. Some of them even faint at the sight of their own blood. Yeah, how are you going to cope defending yourself and your family in your much-vaunted end times?

I find these guys (not yet met a woman who wanted this situation) frankly laughable. They talk big, but when it comes down to it they have absolutely nothing to back any of it up and if they got what they wanted would s**t ten bricks before meeting a no doubt messy end.

But it is very funny listening to them. I do love hearing pussies who think they are tough guys mouth off.

They really are hilarious in a "you are so pathetic but don't realise it" kind of way.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:08:57 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #769 on: December 08, 2018, 09:18:39 AM »

Was watching one of the Death Race remakes. In it, one of the characters (Peter Perfectus), cries out "Why can't people see me the way I see myself?"

Ah, now wouldn't that be a fine thing? To have our egos determine how other people view us, without the weaknesses, foibles and whatnot that others can see in us, yet we ignore telling ourselves that these people don't really know us, we know ourselves oh so much better.

What fools we really are.

I wonder what people would think if instead, they had the ability to see and understand why other people see us the way we do. Almost as terrifying a prospect as seeing ourselves as we truly are without all the bulls**t we like to tell our inner self. Those little justifications we give for the bad things we do, stripped away and laid bare for us to see. Think you could handle that? Could you really, or is it just your ego telling you "Yeah, no sweat. I know exactly what I am."

One of the things about humans is the more you think you are one of the people who could handle it, the less lightly you are to be able to take it. Our own minds work against us in so many ways.

An example of this is food. Did you know your surroundings affect your perception of taste? If you are in a fancy restaurant, your mind will tell you the food tastes better than it really does. I remember watching a show some years ago showing how the ambience of a locale alters how you think things taste.

Ever since I watched it though, my mind has worked the opposite way. Now when we go out for a meal, almost everything tastes like it has all been cooked the same to me.

Oh well.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #770 on: December 08, 2018, 04:40:33 PM »

Since we'll be travelling down to my mum's for the holidays myself and Kristi normally open our presents to each other a few days before Saturnas. This time around we decided just to open them tonight. I got a vinyl album of John Carpenter music, a Billy Connolly one, a box of DAK soldiers, the second Meg novel (The Trench), a Captain America: Civil War - Risk board game, a cartoon called Mad Monster Party, which I had never heard of before but has Boris Karloff in it, a couple of 2300AD source books and some extra cards for the Firefly board game.

Happy Saturnas everyone.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #771 on: December 10, 2018, 06:56:10 AM »

Really did not want to get out of bed this morning. Considered just lying in bed cuddling Kristi until someone from work called to tell me I was late, but in the end got up out of bed and went in.

Damn what ever makes me get up for the working week. Mind you, I am not sure I could really understand those people content to never work in their entire lives and just sit on their arse, living off the efforts of others (and by this I mean people who are fully capable of going out working, but don't. This does not include people who don't work because of some genuine handicap of some kind be it physical or mental but does include those who pretend to have these issues to get out of working). I am quite happy to help out those less fortunate via my taxes etc, even those who try to find work but can't I have no problem with. I've been there myself (well ok I was working, but it was all cash in hand grey economy type jobs. It was all I could find when I left school in the middle of a recession. I kept earning money though any way I could and helped put food on the table). Now I have a good job and a decent income, but I never forget how things were before and could be again.

I just object to the lazy c**ts who don't want to work and play the system to get out of it. By all means, should you not wish to work, feel free to engage in the pleasures of starvation, homelessness and all the other freedoms such a lifestyle should entail.

Caught a bit of the news this morning before heading out the door. Prison reformers are complaining that the UK has more prisoners serving life sentences than any other European country.

Funny, I've never heard these people complaining that things are too lenient or too easy in the clink. Maybe if I ever do, I'll accept they have a balanced view on these things and have a valid point when they campaign for changes.

Oh well it is nearly lunch time, and I dropped some hints yesterday about a Scotch Pie with beans that I can taste already. Have a good Monday everyone.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #772 on: December 10, 2018, 10:39:53 AM »

Been reading through my old stories. I think GODSMACKDOWN! is my favourite.

Slow day in work today. Still, no Volgan army matching over the horizon with automated Black blood and Hammerstein robots at their command* so I guess I must be doing something right. And hey, in an hour I get to go home and cuddle Kristi and Ash.

Poor lad was awake when I was heading to work this morning. I'd been in 5 minutes before and held him for a bit, and when I came back in the room he had his arms up for me to pick him up (he has also started saying 'Mama Up' or 'Dada Up' when he want's out of his cot), but I really didn't have any more time to spare. Was heart breaking hearing his cries as he realised I wasn't going to hold him. I'll make it up to him when I get home in a bit under and hour and a half.

* This is a reference to an old comic strip in 2000AD called Invasion, where the UK is invaded by a thinly disguised Soviet Union, and a lorry driver called Bill Savage, armed with a shotgun leads the resistance. A lot of references from the story would later pop up in the ABC Warriors comics. Of which Joe Pineapples was the coolest btw.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #773 on: December 10, 2018, 03:25:30 PM »

Got a phone call just after I got home today from the vets. Someone had found Dagon. He'd been run over and didn't survive. We'd had him chipped so our details were on the computer. Going to miss him a lot.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #774 on: December 10, 2018, 03:38:22 PM »

Got a phone call just after I got home today from the vets. Someone had found Dagon. He'd been run over and didn't survive. We'd had him chipped so our details were on the computer. Going to miss him a lot.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #775 on: December 10, 2018, 10:12:59 PM »

My sincerest sympathies.  Bluesad

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #776 on: December 10, 2018, 10:48:41 PM »

I am SO sorry.  Cats are special creatures had hold a place in our hearts no other animal can.
I know if something happened to my Fortuna I would be a basket case!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #777 on: December 10, 2018, 11:20:36 PM »

My special little buddy,  thunderfoot, after surviving a near fatal parasite issue earlier. The vet shaved his leg to put a hydration IV on him for a couple days. The vet bill cost me the money  i would  have upgraded my computer with but was worth it.

I would have been hurt if he died,  so I do sympathize.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 11:45:04 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #778 on: December 10, 2018, 11:22:30 PM »

He's a lot fatter and fluffier now that he regained weight and is regrowing his fur.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 01:28:38 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #779 on: December 11, 2018, 03:28:43 AM »

Thanks all and glad your cat has recovered from his op.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.