Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:43:42 AM
714146 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 318465 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #945 on: February 01, 2019, 01:13:35 PM »

Was slightly cold outside today, although not too bad. Certainly, we have thus far avoided any polar vortex type temperatures. Although if the gulf stream does go tits up the way it is predicted to go then we can certainly look forward to exactly that kind of weather on a regular basis.

Watching a show on Netflix called Nightflyers. It's from a short story by George RR Martin. Oh well, that just spoiled the ending. Everyone is going to die. And if anyone invites you to a wedding, say no.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #946 on: February 01, 2019, 07:04:59 PM »

Sitting up alone tonight. Kristi has gone to bed to read and I am watching 'Outlaw King' on Netflix and trying to remember how much of it is correct historically and how much is the usual hollywood style bumpf. So far I'd rate it more true to history than U-571. Still if you are willing to change the ending of a movie about Pearl Harbour so it doesn't offend the Japanese is there really anything you can expect not to get altered to suit the pursuit of money?

After that one came out it was suggested that the UK should make a film where a bunch of Brit's head off to Vietnam and win it singlehandedly. Would be about just as accurate.

Well the film has finished now. I'd go with a lot more accurate than Braveheart (which managed to miss Falkirk Bridge from the Battle of Falkirk Bridge. Possibly the most glaring change from history in that movie, but hardly the only one). The accents also leave a lot to be desired, but I've heard worse.

Indeed the worst impression of a Scottish accent I've ever heard belong to a Scot's woman (Sheena Easton).

Watched an old show on the American Civil War over the past few days. Put me in the mood to watch 'The Good, The Bad & The Ugly'. Also have an urging to watch Outland. For some reason that is one of my favourite sci-fi movies. Just waiting up now until Ash wakes for his midnight(ish) feed then I'll get off to bed myself. Heading out to the cemetery either tomorrow or Sunday (weather dependant). If it is bad weather I'll head out there myself. It it is terrible, then I'll put it off until the following weekend. Hopefully it won't come to that though.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #947 on: February 02, 2019, 09:25:58 AM »

Saw a kit box on sale yesterday for 30 paratroopers for WW2. Wondering if I should paint them up as Red Devils or Polish. Mind you, since I am going to put them in 6 man squads I guess I could do both if I really want. I am not a big fan* of serious war films in general, but 'A Bridge Too Far' is my favourite out of those I do like. Out of non-serious one, I'd go with 'Kelly's Heroes'. Anyway, both those parachute regiments feature in that film.

Seems such a terrible shame that we went to war to protect Poland and then at the war's end had to abandon them to domination by the USSR. How would it all have ended if Operation Unthinkable had gone ahead?

Doing the laundry on a high spin. Normally I don't put it over 800, but today it is on 1400 and the whole house is vibrating lol.

Apparently, I have reached a point in my life where I have to have regular clear outs of my tee-shirts. I'd did this a few months ago and got rid of two full black bags worth of them. Now, I find myself having to have another clear out thanks to other people keeping on buying me more of them. Trouble is that I've gotten rid of all the ones I didn't like as much already and now have to sort through ones that I'd rather keep. This time it is just a normal sized carrier bag filled up with them.

*Ok, it isn't that I don't like them. It is more that they remind of work too much.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #948 on: February 03, 2019, 10:18:10 AM »

Went out with the theatre club for a meal at Guddi's last night. Had a wild mushroom risotto which was pretty nice. On the way home though stones kept sticking to the heal of my shoes. When I got home I discovered the heal had fallen off at some point. Can't complain though, I've had 10 years faithful service from them but I will need to look a new pair of dress shoes. One more thing to add to the to-do list.

Still hoping to get out to the cemetery today. Kristi wants me to take Ash with me, but I am also planning on looking for a set of shelves for his room and it would be somewhat awkward to carry them and push him at the same time.

We were supposed to be having Katrina and the kids visiting, but that had to be delayed for a couple of weeks. I'd called off tonights game for it and could have organised one for tonight, but I am using this time to get some much-needed stuff written up for the game in advance. The problem I now have though is what I write largely depends on what actions the party takes. One decision in particular will make a huge difference to how the next part goes.

316zombie
« Reply #949 on: February 05, 2019, 01:59:19 AM »

shelves for ash's room? how many books does he have already? you DO know you want to take that amount and multiply it by 10 up to his 2nd birthday...then by at least 30 up until he's old enough for a library card, and figure THAT for shelf space. i'm thinking a half inch per book, with a bit extra for popup books...  Cheers
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #950 on: February 05, 2019, 02:26:38 AM »

The first thing we bought when Kristi got pregnant was a bookshelf for him.

He already has a library card (kids here get one when their birth is registered.

316zombie
« Reply #951 on: February 05, 2019, 02:32:29 AM »

hhmm... i'll need to adjust my math, then. you DO keep library books on a separate shelf , right? i once had to pay a HUGE amount of money for a book that my roomie put on the cookbook shelf instead of dropping it at the library like she said she would. and it wasn't even a cookbook..it was the phantom tollbooth. she was NOT a good roomie.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #952 on: February 05, 2019, 01:27:34 PM »

Haven't used his library card yet as I still have plenty of books to read to him. He seems to sit quietly and pay lots of attention when I am reading him James Herbert, so I plan on starting The Rats trilogy with him. Our local council has announced deep cuts to any service they provide to Lossiemouth, including closing our local library and swimming pool. Kristi is being quite active in fighting against those cuts, but axes are going to fall on a lot of things. In fact, she is out at a meeting right now planning out their campaign to limit the cuts.

At work, Jim was on the phone. He was talking to someone called Sam who had made a mistake. Jim was being all "Oh don't worry about it, I'll fix it. It isn't a problem" and using what I'll call an ingratiating tone. Anyway when he finished the call I asked him if he had been chatting to a man or a woman (I was about 98% sure it was a woman. He doesn't tend to be that obsequious towards other males). He told me it was a woman and I pointed out how he'd sounded. Anyhoo, it turns out the woman he was speaking to is a hot lesbian, with a hot lesbian partner. James told me that he often has fantasies about being asked to provide a donation so one of them can have a child.

My reply to this was "So you imagine yourself knocking one out into a jar so a woman can use a turkey baster to squirt it inside her?"

Apparently, this has destroyed his fantasy sex life.

It isn't the big acts of evil or nastiness that I enjoy, it is the little moments that make me feel all warm and snuggly inside. Can't help feeling that he deserves it though.  BounceGiggle

316zombie
« Reply #953 on: February 05, 2019, 05:34:57 PM »

BounceGiggle, he DOES deserve it, lol! never got to read to my oldest niece, her mother is a biotch who kept her away from our side of the family as much as possible. she finally got to meet her 3 cousins and their kids&S/Os last thanksgiving, epic family party i had to miss, but the pics and vids are awesome!
  the twins liked me to read cookbooks, with physical demos included, to them, and syd vicious,the youngest, she liked me to read shakespeare with voices and bad accents. she has the best giggle even now, so of course i did it. she still loves reading plays, i love that.
 the grands are all into comic books, with accents and voices. the rules are we have to change the voice/accent if they think it doesn't fit , it's uncanny how often the movie uses their picks.
   i hope kristi and co. are successful! my old neighborhood and the adjacent districts DID win with keeping the pool and library open, as well as the senior/disabled community outreach center, they can too!! another hood we used to live in got their pool back after it being closed for 3 years, so even if they lose this time, please tell them to keep fighting the good fight!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #954 on: February 05, 2019, 09:40:37 PM »

I just got back up out of bed realizing I owe Dark Alex an apology for my part in taking over his private thread reserved for his thoughts. Bad form. Sorry, Alex!

I do not own the forum m'dear. If I put my thoughts down here, you are free to gate crash anytime (and indeed are welcome). If I want to keep them private I put them in my private journal, where all my darkest thoughts that are not for public consumption go.

Thanks, mate, you're a class act!  Thumbup

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #955 on: February 06, 2019, 02:38:04 AM »

Two nights ago Ash didn't really sleep much. He'd sleep for an hour and then wake up with his teeth bothering him. Got a fairly bad pain in my elbow that has been keeping me awake at nights (it is along the lines of gout). All of us were pretty exhausted afterward. Decided to have a couple of beers to help me sleep (if I have one beer it puts me to sleep early, if I have 3 or more then I'll stay awake most of the night. I had 2 bottles of Corona which I reckon only counts as one since they are fairly small bottles). Ash also slept the whole night through so we all seemed to get a goods nights rest.

We tried finding something to watch on Netflix last night, but nothing really interested us, so we went to bed early.

Today I am feeling the benefits of that.

Spent most of the morning catching up on ER's posts. Nice to see you back (I am still slowly catching up with your posts though  BounceGiggle). There was me thinking you'd went away to write a massive post that would once and for all give you the longest one ever.

Hmm, looks like we are in for high winds for the rest of the week and a touch of rain. So far my expectations of a wet and windy winter rather than an especially cold one has been right, but we are not in spring yet.

So Liam Neeson is in trouble. Think anyone who is shouting him down and calling him racist didn't actually read his whole interview and everything he said, but such is the way of the world.

Oh well, work is calling and I must heed that siren lure. Have a great day all.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:30:49 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #956 on: February 06, 2019, 04:19:38 AM »

Blerp.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:23:59 AM by Alex » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #957 on: February 06, 2019, 10:53:14 AM »

I just got back up out of bed realizing I owe Dark Alex an apology for my part in taking over his private thread reserved for his thoughts. Bad form. Sorry, Alex!

I do not own the forum m'dear. If I put my thoughts down here, you are free to gate crash anytime (and indeed are welcome). If I want to keep them private I put them in my private journal, where all my darkest thoughts that are not for public consumption go.

Thanks, mate, you're a class act!  Thumbup
Yes he is.  
You're not.  

Cool.  Though I love Diana, I look askance at that monarchy... being Irish...
ER came back yesterday and knocked me:  "You're not Irish."    Question  I stated I was; that means I am. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 10:56:12 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #958 on: February 06, 2019, 11:13:39 AM »

Judging by prior timings, my replacement should be here in 18 minutes. I can do a handover in under 30 seconds and then home time. Almost worth coming to work for how good it feels to get back home.

Gus did a poster to try and recruit people for this years sports inter section competition. The first event is swimming, so he put up a poster with a picture of some guy swimming underwater in a pool. I decided that it was boring and that I could improve on it. I'll post up my version when I get home and you can decide for yourself if it would get you volunteering to swim or not. Anyway, I've put my poster up on the notice board and we will see how long it takes for the management to notice.

The last time I saw someone try something along those lines it was noticed pretty damn quickly. They had a cardboard life size drawing of a pilot which they stood in the lobby of the place where it worked. 2 minutes with a Stanley knife to cut a round hole in the right place, slipped something one of the girls brought in through the hole and the next thing you know it had a dildo sticking out of his zip.

The most exciting thing that has happened today was one of the suppliers telling us about the time he got very drunk and went home with a young lady who turned out to be a young man (or at least a pre op trans). Figured since he'd went home with him/her (I have no idea what the correct terminology would be, I've been told but I keep forgetting these things), he might as well have sex anyway but he wasn't touching the guys junk. Jim and Cliffy then discussed how they got turned on by erotic fiction. The stacker also told us about how wheelie bins make great places to sleep. Since he is over six and a half feet tall and a wheelie bin is considerably smaller I am curious on the physics of that.

How does your day match up to that?

Hmm, theatre club tonight. Since the play is sometime next month I am counting down until I have no more rehersals to do. They are doing readings for more plays in March but I don't see me auditioning for any more. One and done is enough for me thank you.

PS If you are going to try sleeping in a wheelie bin, please make sure that the next day isn't bin collection day. Being crushed in the back of a garbage truck cannot be a nice way to go.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:25:21 AM by Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #959 on: February 06, 2019, 11:49:50 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.