Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:14:12 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 321462 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #960 on: February 06, 2019, 12:10:54 PM »

I just got back up out of bed realizing I owe Dark Alex an apology for my part in taking over his private thread reserved for his thoughts. Bad form. Sorry, Alex!

I do not own the forum m'dear. If I put my thoughts down here, you are free to gate crash anytime (and indeed are welcome). If I want to keep them private I put them in my private journal, where all my darkest thoughts that are not for public consumption go.

Thanks, mate, you're a class act!  Thumbup
Yes he is.  
You're not.  

Cool.  Though I love Diana, I look askance at that monarchy... being Irish...
ER came back yesterday and knocked me:  "You're not Irish."    Question  I stated I was; that means I am.  

You were the type of kid who always ran whining to the teacher, weren't you, John?

No deep knock, man, your remark just called out for me to correct it, like you snag me from time to time in the karma department and I don't complain when you do. I get it, though, despite your obsession with me, you don't like me. Not news, you know?

As for you being Irish because you say you are, I once met a man who said he was Zulu. He was lily white and from Boston, but he was serious in saying he was Zulu.

Irish-Americans get tiring.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #961 on: February 06, 2019, 12:51:43 PM »

I just got back up out of bed realizing I owe Dark Alex an apology for my part in taking over his private thread reserved for his thoughts. Bad form. Sorry, Alex!

I do not own the forum m'dear. If I put my thoughts down here, you are free to gate crash anytime (and indeed are welcome). If I want to keep them private I put them in my private journal, where all my darkest thoughts that are not for public consumption go.

Yes he is.  
You're not.  

ER came back yesterday and knocked me:  "You're not Irish."    Question  I stated I was; that means I am.  

You were the type of kid who always ran whining to the teacher, weren't you, John?
Never.  For someone who frequently accuses others of whining, you specialize in it.  

Yes he is.  
You're not.  

As for you being Irish because you say you are, I once met a man who said he was Zulu. He was lily white and from Boston, but he was serious in saying he was Zulu.

You certainly prove it.
Remember my "puritanical honesty"!  You wanted "peace"?  Then live it, don't fan flames, and I'll let you slip by, escalator. 

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:58:46 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #962 on: February 06, 2019, 01:19:23 PM »

Yes he is.  
You're not.  

Never.  For someone who frequently accuses others of whining, you specialize in it.  

Yes he is.  
You're not.  

You certainly prove it.
Remember my "puritanical honesty"!  You wanted "peace"?  Then live it, don't fan flames, and I'll let you slip by, escalator. 

I've given you much more good karma than bad, sometimes when you were being your meanest to me, so you're still way ahead. I'm not out to get you, you're not Sven (kidding, Sven!) and if I really hurt your feelings I'll give you makeup karma now. How about that?

To correct your put-down, though, I'm not Irish-American, I'm Irish/American, or more accurately American/Irish. I was born in the United States and live here but I have dual citizenship, an Irish passport, I pay taxes to both countries, I own property in Ireland, I can vote in Ireland, I can get health care there, I have spent a big chunk of my life there, most of my family lives there, overseas I have sometimes registered at both consulates, when I set foot on Irish soil my US citizenship is superseded by my Irish citizenship, and if I ever commit a murder in the US and flee to Ireland, I cannot be extradited back  if I face the death penalty. (By the beard of Saint Patrick I dearly love that policy.) 

So after having you tell me for years that you will always be honest, you don't lie, that's why I called you on saying you're Irish, when you're not. You're from Jersey, man, home of the Pine Barren Devil, Springsteen, and Mike The Situation Sorrentino, so be proud of it, it's a rocking place to be. I know because I been there.

Besides, you don't talk enough to be pure Irish. If you are Irish you make love to words, you wed language, you feel poetry in your soul. You....you write with so many emoticons I feel like I'm reading a pictogram from Highlights For Children.

That just ain't Mother Country, mate.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #963 on: February 06, 2019, 02:21:24 PM »

...I've given you much more good karma than bad, sometimes when you were being your meanest to me, so you're still way ahead. I'm not out to get you, you're not Sven (kidding, Sven!) and if I really hurt your feelings I'll give you makeup karma now. How about that?
Who cares? 

To correct your put-down, though, I'm not Irish-American, I'm Irish/American, or more accurately American/Irish. I was born in the United States and live here but I have dual citizenship, an Irish passport, I pay taxes to both countries, I own property in Ireland, I can vote in Ireland, I can get health care there, I have spent a big chunk of my life there, most of my family lives there, overseas I have sometimes registered at both consulates, when I set foot on Irish soil my US citizenship is superseded by my Irish citizenship, and if I ever commit a murder in the US and flee to Ireland, I cannot be extradited back  if I face the death penalty. (By the beard of Saint Patrick I dearly love that policy.) 

Man, you love your werdz.  No one's impressed.  There is no put down in being called Irish-American, which you are.  I don't put down my people like you do. 

So after having you tell me for years that you will always be honest, you don't lie, that's why I called you on saying you're Irish, when you're not. You're from Jersey, man, home of the Pine Barren Devil, Springsteen, and Mike The Situation Sorrentino, so be proud of it, it's a rocking place to be. I know because I been there.

I expect I've stated on the forum that I am honest, but I doubt I'd ever assert anything, even such, to you.  And I don't need you to tell me about NJ.  Windbag.

Besides, you don't talk enough to be pure Irish. If you are Irish you make love to words, you wed language, you feel poetry in your soul. You....you write with so many emoticons I feel like I'm reading a pictogram from Highlights For Children.
That just ain't Mother Country, mate.
I am "pure Irish" both sides, with family still living there.  You confuse your verbose nature with national character.  Meanwhile, you know nothing about me. 

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #964 on: February 06, 2019, 06:08:21 PM »

Wow, a whole page on my thread without a post by me lol.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #965 on: February 06, 2019, 07:54:03 PM »

Wow, a whole page on my thread without a post by me lol.
Yeh, mostly me quoting her.  I won't apologize, though.  Emoticon pending:  TeddyR

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #966 on: February 07, 2019, 12:10:33 AM »

John, I always imagine you moving your lips when you read. Am I wrong?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #967 on: February 07, 2019, 02:13:41 AM »

As much as I like having other people posting here, I am, for the moment, a little tired of people arguing. While I can't stop people doing that, I can at least lock this topic so you can't argue here. You can continue it elsewhere, where I can avoid reading it and I can just unlock this topic when I feel like posting something, then lock it again.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:02:03 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #968 on: February 07, 2019, 10:01:17 AM »

1606 days left to go.

In 1606 Guy Fawkes was tried and executed for their attempt to blow up Parliament and King James. This would be immortalised as Bonfire Night, celebrated every 5th of November in the UK. The Virginia Company of London is founded for the colonisation of North America. The Union Flag is adopted by England and Scotland.

Guess the rest of the world took the year off then and did nothing noteworthy apparently.

Feeling a bit-tired today which is odd. Slept well enough last night. Got the feeling though that Kristi is going to be catching up with a lot of missed sleep this weekend while I keep Ash amused.

This isn’t hard though. The boy thinks Paw Patrol is the height of entertainment and giggles his way constantly through every episode.
At least it isn’t Peppa Pig, a show that both myself and Kristi have agreed is not one we want Ash to watch. That entire family need some serious therapy and behaviour modification to even approach being functional hu… pig beings.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #969 on: February 07, 2019, 02:52:47 PM »

Do you have some overarching philosophy that you use to guide you through life? I don't mean religion or a pre-existing school of thought, but instead something you have came up with, perhaps even put a name to. You might never have written it down but you know every tenant off by heart. Do you stick to it unbendingly and refusing to yield to the passage of time or changing fads and fancies, or does it inevitably change as you travel along the path of life and learn from new experiences?

I'd say I do. My school of thought and ethics has changed only a little since I was a teenager. Slightly more tolerant these days I guess (except of intolerance), but beyond that I am pretty confident that younger me would recognise and go along with the beliefs of older me.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #970 on: February 08, 2019, 02:55:44 AM »

I get to go into work slightly later this morning than usual (a whole extra 15 minutes in bed!). Got to go give some fasting blood samples first thing. Of course, my body has decided it wants breakfast this morning. Hopefully, we'll get an early finish today since it is Friday. The shorter I can make my working day the better imo. Anyway, Kristi got up early to make me a breakfast I can take in and have afterward. I love that woman.

High winds and rain ahead. The kind of weekend to cuddle up in front of a blazing fire and stay inside I think.  Smile

When I was a kid I quite often made spaceships out of Lego, and then remade Alien. If only I'd had the Lego Alien figure that now sits on my desk. Always used to make a little computer room sticking out the ship using a transparent base and then the walls out of those little diagonal pieces with computer consoles printed on them. For some reason that was my favourite room. I'd also have Soviet and American astronauts on my ship (the blue spacemen were American and the red one's Soviets). If they'd made other colours of figures I have no doubt that I'd have worked pretty much the whole UN in there. A wonderful international collaboration forging mankind's destiny across the stars.

And being hunted down and killed by a merciless xenomorph ofc.  BounceGiggle

Watching a news article at the moment. Some parents in Birmingham are protesting about kids being taught that it is acceptable to have same-sex marriages and so on and that everyone should be entitled to be respected. Those protesting seem to be from one particular religion. It's funny, but I remember this particular religion protesting for the right to have their beliefs free from persecution. Shame they don't seem to want to extend that same right to others. The headteacher has been threatened and is visibly upset about things. Guess it is a case of "I demand the right to my beliefs and yours (but only as long as they agree with mine)."

Odd just how many people have that view and have no problem with it.

Finished a base for an artillery piece for Kristi's Yanks. Don't think I like how it looks though and I might just have to redo the whole thing. I'll maybe go with something slightly less fancy next time. Actually putting some effort into painting figures just now. I might even go so far as to use a wash on the figures (to bring out areas of shadow, folds in uniforms and so on).

Oh well, my extended morning is drawing to a close. May the fates bless you with an enjoyable weekend and good company to celebrate the time with.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #971 on: February 08, 2019, 02:12:36 PM »

Got to give Stress Head Jim my current favourite put down when he was complaining about losing to me at the pub quiz we were doing today. Told he to "Be less s**t."

Hmm, if I ever run for political office I think that should be my slogan. Tell everyone to do better and be less s**t lol. I could use other things too, like this...

Watching Valerian at the mo'. I'll be nice and say it is very visually impressive. In the meantime, Kristi is attending a dinner with her community council friends. In a week they managed to get 200 of the 300 sign-ups for the fit life program needed to try and save the local swimming pool. The library has been saved, abet with reduced opening hours.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:22:31 AM by Alex » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #972 on: February 08, 2019, 03:13:56 PM »

FABULOUS news!! you CAN beat city hall!!!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #973 on: February 08, 2019, 03:17:32 PM »

FABULOUS news!! you CAN beat city hall!!!

I find a big stick (with nails in it for preference) works best.  Twirling

316zombie
« Reply #974 on: February 08, 2019, 03:44:59 PM »

i can always mail you my giant dart, if you're in the mood for target practice, lol!  Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.