Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:02:38 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 313149 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2018, 06:52:07 PM »

Nah, it can be kinda fun to wind up pregnant women. Just make sure they know they're good and appreciated later. Or in my case, appreciated.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
316zombie
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2018, 10:09:50 PM »

oh wow! kristi looks so much like my friend heather, it's positively eerie!! if ash grows up to be as handsome as her son sage, you are gonna be in DEEP chit! that boy has girls following him everywhere he goes, he gets very frustrated with it and asks if they think he's meat. he's a hoot!
good on the diet so far, and maybe check into a sunlight lamp?
  i'm just so happy for you 2, i can't even express it!  Cheers
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2018, 01:16:55 PM »

Those pictures are adorable! You guys look so happy!  I'm glad everything is going well.  I know it's annoying, but I am happy your hospital is on top of things.  I'm not sure that we get the same attention here.  It's been a while, so maybe I am just forgetting.  My friend is a nurse and has worked in L&D, the NICU and is now in lactation and I've heard her mention how common jaundice is in newborns and not a major concern like it would be for an adult - I'm sure you know that though.

You seem like you've got the right idea about being a dad.  You got a lucky kid there.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2018, 03:47:10 PM »

I am feeling a little disturbed by certain comments I have been getting from people (all women it has to be said).

"He is so edible", "I could just eat him up" and "I could just bite his cheeks"

Folks, that is called cannibalism and is frowned on in most polite societies.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2018, 04:22:11 PM »

i don't get that either. but then, i never understood why people were constantly pinching my face, it HURTS! my momma slapped a few grownup hands and it stopped. she was feisty.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2018, 01:31:21 PM »

Been a mostly good couple of days. My sister in law came down to visit for a couple of days and see the baby. Played a couple of rounds of Magic with little Adam (I used my Plague Rat deck and he used a pre-built deck so me winning was pretty much a given. Next time he is going to bring his own cards) who has sprung up in height since I last saw him at xmas.

Damn but typing is hard with a tiny person deciding he needs to suck on your thumb and not his dummy (or pacifier depending on what country you are in). I have no idea why, but sucking on my thumb seems to settle little Ash right down when he is upset.

Anyway, gave Adam a little model tank to build up which turned out to be the first model he has ever built and let him paint it up. We all went out for a meal for lunch and Ash behaved himself perfectly.

Kristi is having a sleep since we didn't get much rest last night. Ash is a creature of the night and was up all the hours of darkness. I stayed awake with him for quite a while, but eventually I had to wake Kristi and get her to feed the little guy. We had the health visitor coming at 10am so we couldn't even sleep late. The health visitor said it would be fine for Kristi to take baths now, which is good as she loves them.

Feeling a bit sad about ER leaving the forum. She has been the person I've chatted with the most here, but we are keeping in touch via email. I know there has been a lot of arguments recently, but I'll miss her posts. Plus I think she was about 90% of my karma supply lol.

Listening to an old Vincent Price radio show from the 70's. http://www.knightriderradio.com/post/171961124103/mysterytheater-the-price-of-fear-was-a for anyone else who is interested in this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:06:12 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Paquita

« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2018, 02:17:18 PM »

Damn but typing is hard with a tiny person deciding he needs to suck on your thumb and not his dummy (or pacifier depending on what country you are in). I have no idea why, but sucking on my thumb seems to settle little Ash right down when he is upset.

So cute!  When I had my daughter, I was up with her most nights so I started playing WoW to pass the time while sitting alone in the dark - we lived in a much smaller place back then.  I got pretty good at it with a baby in one arm!

Since you'll be in touch with her, can you tell her I will miss her and ask her if I can be invited to her compound in the event of a zombie invasion? :)

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2018, 03:31:02 PM »

I will do Paquita. But you might want to reconsider going to her place in the event of a zombie uprising. You see I've stocked up on something that is going to be worth more than gold in such an event. Something no other survivialist has thought of stocking up on, and the man who has this stuff will rule the world.

I have a ten year supply of toilet roll.

All the cool kids might not be hanging out at my place, but the ones without smelly hands will be. ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 03:36:03 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2018, 06:01:49 PM »

it's good that you'll stay in touch with her, she's your friend. but i'm definitely coming to your compound instead, since i have that other precious item well stocked. 100 pounds of salt.
  so have all of the family members met ash yet? and when will he be coming to america to visit? we'll arrange to cross paths at an airport, lol!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »

My mother, sister, one of my sisters in law and her youngest son have met him.

Scheduled to meet him are my younger brother, his wife and their son at Easter with possibly my half brother and sister coming up around the same time. Some of my relatives are going to be coming up for that as well, although I don't know for sure yet which ones (my gran had 9 kids so there are a lot of aunts, uncles and cousins).

Kristi's mum, younger brother and his wife are coming over for his blessing (Mormon equivilent of a christening).

We are planning on a trip to the USA next year which will either include a visit to Disneyland or Yellowstone.

Got an email from ER saying she will miss you too Paquita and that you are welcome at her compound.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2018, 12:06:50 PM »

So took Ash out today to Elgin to register his birth. Bumped into a few people I know, and all the women went "SQUEEEE!" over seeing him. I guarded him carefully in case any of them were feeling hungry and had urges to eat babies.

Those brothers Grimm were a lot smarter than they are given credit for. Ash is a baby and not for eating!

Was a nice sunny day, although in the shade it is very chilly. Every time there was sunlight I was taking hats and what not off Ash so he can get some vitamin D. Everytime there was shade Kristi was bundling him up.

Had to go buy Ash some more packs of tiny nappies. When we'd picked up the others I told Kristi to get two, but she said he'd grow so quickly he'd be out of them before we used them all. I figured since he is going through on average eight nappies a day, the 24 pack would only last three days and unless radiation was involved he wouldn't be growing quite that fast.

Anyway, today strangely enough we picked up another two packs of tiny baby nappies.

I should so get people necklaces with the letters WWAD? on them (What would Alex do?). My old boss Scott learned to live by the following mantra "Alex is good, Alex is always right. If I repeat this to myself 50 times a day my life will get better". Took him a year or two to agree, but now he lives his life by it. Since after he left the RAF I helped get him a job that has allowed him to buy a 16th centuary farmhouse and do it up it seems to be working with him.

I do have to say he nearly blew the interview when he got the most basic equation for an electrician wrong (V=IR).

Although it has to be said he was less impressed when one of his little girls accidently broke one of his windows and he discovered he would have to pay a small fortune to get one done in the same style and craftsmanship as the original he was less impressed. It being a listed building he can't just get any old replacement put in and what he'd to pay for it is a couple of weeks wages for me. I wouldn't fancy his job, although in his first week doing it he was mapping an underwater cave system off the Azores (or somewhere similar) but he does have to do quite a considerable amount of time away from home.

Some guys from work came round with a big bunch of flowers for Kristi and some stuff for the baby. We have ran out of vases and are now resorting to putting flowers in jugs and things. I suspect we may have a secret triffid invasion going on, in what used to be the kitchen but is now a jungle.

Hmm, a new Indiana Jones movie is scheduled to go into production next year. Can we leave his son out of that please. Killing him off, offscreen with no further mention of him would be ideal. Or maybe Indy wakes up one day, finds Bobby Ewing in his shower and it turns out Indy Vs The Space Aliens was all just a bad dream. I'd be good with that.

Threatened to buy Kristi Star Trek: Nemesis today. It's the one Star Trek thing she hates, and making her watch it would be akin to asking for a divorce. But that doesn't mean I can't tease her with it. Assuming I like to live dangeously anyway.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2018, 07:07:45 AM »

So cute!  When I had my daughter, I was up with her most nights so I started playing WoW to pass the time while sitting alone in the dark - we lived in a much smaller place back then.  I got pretty good at it with a baby in one arm!

Since you'll be in touch with her, can you tell her I will miss her and ask her if I can be invited to her compound in the event of a zombie invasion? :)

Just out of interest Paquita, what class did you play in WoW? Used to play a priest but quit the game last year. I've had no urges to go back to it again.

Paquita

« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2018, 08:05:41 PM »

Just out of interest Paquita, what class did you play in WoW? Used to play a priest but quit the game last year. I've had no urges to go back to it again.

I mainly played a male human paladin named Horncake.  I lost interest when I maxed out on levelling (80 at the time) and it became necessary to participate in groups/raids to advance and get better gear.  I also played a Draenei priest, but I think I liked the paladin better... being able to wipe out a mob of undead with one move was fun!

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2018, 12:47:28 PM »

Been having some problems getting on BMDO over the past few days and the issue seems to be at my end. For the moment I have snuck onto another network that just happened to be lying around open...

I'd been promised I would get the watch 'The Shape Of Water' yesterday, but it didn't happen so to make up for it Kristi picked me up Leprechaun 3. Also watched Boss Baby which was better than I expected. Indeed the trailer for that one had actually put us off watching it. Then I put on The Omen which Kristi had never seen before. She thinks that it is a proper horror film and how they should be made, rather than randomly splattering blood around the screen.

Every day I find more reasons to love her. :)

Went into work today to show some people Ash and say thanks for the flowers and baby clothes they sent. Also had to pop in to see one of my old bosses and then to PSF (where all the women came to coo over him. I made sure they knew eating him was not an option. Seriously, do these women live in gingerbread cottages or something!?!) dropping off boxes of sweets as we went. On the way back I was feeling a bit hyper and started dancing on the street while singing "The Safety Dance", only I changed some of the lyrics. Kristi must love my upward mood swings so much. She was feeling a bit sore from the walking so when we got home she sat and fed the baby while I ran her a hot bath.

Do most women while taking a bath also run themselves a shower or is it just my wife?

I have for a while now split belief up into three levels. The first are people who believe in something and are content with that. If someone else expresses an interest they are happy to share it with them, but don't force it on anyone else. To me they are believers, generally decent people and they are OK. You can engage in a debate with a believer and present your own views. They might not be accepted, but they will let you have them.

The second level likes to actively encourage others to follow what ever they believe in, firmly convinced that what they say is best, and the world would be a better place if only everyone else followed their credo and will try and talk over anyone presenting an alternative view. I call them zealots, or possibly more accurately a***oles.

The third level will actively seek to deny and destroy the beliefs of others, quite often telling them if it was in their power they would destroy the belief systems of others. They will refuse to allow any point of view that deviates from their own attacking it passionately when they can. Normally they do not themselves follow the credo they espouse so vehemently seeming to be more a kind of "do as I say, not as I do" type of people. They will seek to turn any conversation to be about them and what they want and expect. Intelligence is split up into four separate areas, and the Emotional Quotient value for these souls tends to be drifting around somewhere in the gutter. If you protest against their views they will cry out about you denying them their freedom of speach or attacking them, while at the same time they will seek to deny you those same rights. They will attack others and when attack back will claim they have been provoked into striking back. Those people I think of as fanatics, or maybe I'll even drop the C-Bomb on them.

Thing is, you may be thinking this part of this post is about religion, and well yeah, kind of in a way. But here is the thing, it is about any strongly held belief. Wither you are pro or anti religion, atheist, flat earther, vegetarian, vegan, social justice warrior (why are they always warriors? I mean where are the social justice mages, clerics, barbarians and so on?), LBGT (or any of the other letters that get added to that) or any other cause.

So have a look at yourself in the mirror if you can and have a think. Are you a decent person, an a***ole or a downright c**t?

Got a nice email off the company I normally buy my WW2 figures from. They were wondering why I hadn't been there spending my usual amounts of money and are worrying that they've done something to offend me so they've given me a money off voucher. Fair enough, but the reason I hadn't bought anything is simply because I've been too busy with other things and have a stack of things to paint up including German infantry, Japanese support troops, Soviet artillery (my long desired Katyusha) and a Firefly tank (when something has an awesome name like Firefly, well you just gotta buy it). I think I still have a second German Panther or Tiger to build too and put up against Kristi's legion of Sherman tanks. Anyway going to use the voucher to get myself a Tank Destroyer for Kristi (M36 Jackson), a 105mm US Howitzer and a Forward Observation team for my Japanese. They could do with the fire support.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:18:59 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2018, 03:20:23 PM »

I mainly played a male human paladin named Horncake.  I lost interest when I maxed out on levelling (80 at the time) and it became necessary to participate in groups/raids to advance and get better gear.  I also played a Draenei priest, but I think I liked the paladin better... being able to wipe out a mob of undead with one move was fun!

I did level a paladin who was one of my two backup mains (my main main was always my priest Lelandrá). I also had a Warlock, Saable and Lariadon was the pally.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.