Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:34:37 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 313103 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2018, 06:36:22 AM »

Sometime, Alex, I will have to tell you the tale of the infamous Diarrhea Sunday.  It's a legend in my household.

I think I was visiting you guys when that happened  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2018, 02:24:26 PM »

So when you are in a conversation at work and a woman is complaining that if men had periods like women then they'd have invented something to make it painless what you shouldn't reply is "What are you, an effing Disney princess? Stop waiting around expecting a man to come along and solve everything for you. Get off your arse and go fix it yourself."

I have to admit though, it was worth it just to see the look on her face.

Ash got his tongue tie cut today. A bit irritated that I couldn't get the time off work to go with him, but that comes with the job alas. By all accounts he did fine, didn't cry except when they swaddled him up. You know how people say babies like to be wrapped up tight? Well not this one. If his arms are confined he goes ape. He also seems ot have picked up my habit of locking his muscles in place and becoming immovable. I was holding him and he gripped my shirt. Kristi wanted him to come over for a feeding. I had to explain that the only way I could get him to let go of my shirt would have been to hurt him, so she had to wait until he decided to let go.

Seemed to be a lot of people off sick today. Our office was down to 4 out of the 9 that should be there.

Or maybe no one wanted to come back to work after a long weekend off except for suckers like me.

Ash was being a bit fussy there. I figured the anaestetic was wearing off. Took a while but i managed to get him settled while Kristi relaxed in a bath. Trouble was the angle I was lying down at and where he was on my chest I found I was unable to sit up and had to text Kristi to come down and help. Guess I need to work on my core a bit, do some more sit ups.

Well doing any sit ups right now would be an increase on what I've been doing recently. Still, I have good arms and shoulders, and it doesn't take that long to get the rest back into shape. I just have to have the enthusiasm for that.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2018, 03:19:31 PM »

all 3 of my sister's girls were like that with the swaddling, but they had to have their feet free too or they went nuts. i always thought it was because they were like me, with "hot" hands and feet. they still have that issue,as do i . my doc said it would be just the opposite after menopause, not true. drives my sister crazy,she has" cold" hands and feet. i hope menopause changes that for her, at least. she's 51 this year, should hit her soon.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »

Finally got Kristi to make a doctors appointment about her cold spells. She had asked the midwifes about it and they told her it was normal, but I have never met another pregnant woman who was so cold it made her cry.

I think I might be in trouble at work (again). My computer was running really slowly and I was cursing at it. Jim leaned over and said I was speak to it the wrong way and I should treat it like I'd treat a woman.

I shrugged my shoulders and thought, well at this point it is worth a try.

I gently ran my fingers tenderly down the side of the monitor and said softly "Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich!"

Alas my (female) boss was also in the room when I said that.

Its odd how suddenly the meaning of a word can change. Dad is no longer a word that fills me full of loathing for example.

Registered Ash with the local doctors, then had to go in and show his birth certificate to PSF so they could then retroactively give me the parental leave I took when he was born. Of course all the woman in PSF went all gooey at the sight of a baby. Then because Jane had been on holiday when we'd taken Ash into my work we'd to take Ash to work so she could get to hold him for a bit. Then after Kristi had left with him Terry and John both complained they hadn't gotten to see him because of phone calls and whatnot.

He is a baby, not a rare painting or some great film. Bloody weirdos. I mean I do not go up to other people and say "Hey, I'd really like to hold your kids."

Pretty sure you'd end up in a special place in prison for that one.

1915 days left to go until I am free. In 1915 the expectation that The Great War would be over by christmas the previous year had disappeared (obviously) as both sides realised that although they had millions of men under arms, so did the other side and they objected to the whole marching through each others countries.

I wonder if both sides couldn't have just agreed to go for a stroll through each others countryside or major cities and then go home. Would have saved a lot of needless dying.

Anyway, major battles fought this year included the second battle of Ypers (called Wipers by the British troops fighting there, but I think it is pronounced Ip), the disasterous Gallipoli campaign (a survey of the area before the war had concluded that the channel could be secured by a combined navel and amphibious assault, but for some reason it was decided to not to do a combined assault and lots of people died needlessly, mostly Australian and New Zealanders) and the battle of Loos, which at least they could make jokes about dying on the Loos I guess. I mean if the British ever stop finding toilet jokes funny then you'll know we've all been taken over by pod people.

Other stuff may have been going on in the world at this time, but history books don't seem to find them quite as interesting.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2018, 07:02:51 AM »

For some reason Snow White popped into my head there and I though "To hell with her, its the evil queen I'd want." Thats the kind of woman who knows what she wants and you know, she'd have the whole older, more experienced woman thing going for her too.

But then it would be a strange world if everyone was the same. I am sure some guys would prefer Snow White, and others still would rather have Prince Charming. Hell, I bet the fairy godmother has a few admirers too.

Just as long as you don't have a thing for the horse its all good.

Kristi ended up staying awake all last night with Ash. I'd felt exhausted and ended up crashing out before half nine. When I woke up, I went downstairs, dragged the pair of them up to bed and lay little Ash on my chest. He loves going to sleep there. Lay beside her for a couple of hours, not sleeping. Just holding her and Ash while they did. Eventually I carefully got up taking the baby with me and left her to get some more rest while me and Ash went and watched my favourite Scooby Doo movie (Scooby Doo & The Witches Ghost).

Going out shortly. Several people have accused me of being nice recently so I am going to go looking for some old people to randomly punch just so universal  balance is maintained. Kristi is awake now and getting the baby ready so I guess I should pull on some jeans and a tee shirt, then go out and embrace the big ol' sun shiney world with joy in my heart.

And punch some old people.  TongueOut

316zombie
« Reply #200 on: April 07, 2018, 06:24:12 PM »

AHA! i knew i forgot to tell you something! you know the american tv show"supernatural"? last week they did a crossover with scooby doo!! * don't punch any old women, they'll eat ash if you do, you know*
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2018, 08:49:47 PM »

Yeah, we are big Supernatural fans. I was really surprised when I got Kristi into watching it. We got to watch the Scoobynatural episode tonight and I am looking forward to catching up with the rest of this season.

We decided to sit up tonight and watch Wrestlemania tonight. We do it occasionally. It starts at 1 am UK time, but I am on nights next week so I don't have to be up early.

Besides I think Ash needs to decide on who his favourite wrestler is early on. Shame he won't get to grow up watching the Ultimate Warrior taking down Ravishing Rick Rude though, or the Undertaker.

Actually got the D&D game going again. I had been worried with the break and then the baby we wouldn't get it going again. Wasn't the smoothest game as Ash had a bit of constipation (he hadn't pooped in over 24 hours), so we took some medical advice and gave him some sugar water. Apparently this works (although I must confess I'd had my doubts). He filled his nappy several times over and I think Kristi just about had a fit when she went to take his nappy off. We took a break from the game and I changed it instead before she threw up.

Got my 6 monthly assessment just before I came home. Was a big improvement on last years, but then I am in a much better place now, although I still have aways to go until I am back to where I was. Its been a long process but I am getting there, and if you are reading this Trevor, so will you my friend. :)

316zombie
« Reply #202 on: April 10, 2018, 01:10:44 AM »

good on you, my brotherfriend. i can't say much else right now. later, okay?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #203 on: April 10, 2018, 06:21:10 PM »

Working for a living sucks. Why can't I have a fantastically wealthy relative who after leading a long and happy life died and left me all his/her wealth?

The universe is pretty selfish when it comes to things like that I find. It keeps all that kind of stuff for people who aren't me and expects me to work for it instead.

Ever noticed that people who claim they can't be fooled are actually the easiest to fool? Or that those who loudly proclaim their greater intellect or superiority over others are most often sadly lacking? Ah, to see outselves as others do. Now that is a rare gift, but it would be even better to able to look at ourselves without ego or self delusion and see who we really are.

But then, for many people I suspect that would be a terrifying thing to behold.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 04:19:53 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2018, 06:57:24 PM »

The joy of getting home from work on a Thursday and knowing that you are not back at work until Monday. Gotta take pleasure in the little things too.

Nice night walking home. Last night Kristi put Ash in the pram to come up and meet me and we went for a midnight stroll.

Watching the new Ghost in the Machine. It doesn't strike me as being as bad as everyone made it out to be, although it isn't great either. I don't remember the cartoon being this slow, but then it was a long, long time ago that I last watched it.

Trying to get the little fellow to go to sleep, but he just isn't getting tired tonight. Maybe I shouldn't have let Kristi put on Ash Vs The Evil Dead for him.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #205 on: April 14, 2018, 06:49:53 AM »

So we've hit Syria. Guess it is time to find out if Putin is willing to back up his words. Will wait to hear how the strikes went, but my advance guess is he will shout more but not do much. Besides I would imagine as with much that Russia has been going under him he is happy that it keeps the world distracted while he does stuff in areas that are more interest to him. Syria really is just a smoke screen and a side show is my bet at the moment, and unless Putin is going to the beat of Bolivian marching powder or something he isn't going to go to war on this one.

Now, there are some potentially very famous last words lol.

Couldn't get Ash to settle down to sleep today, so put on some metyal to listen to while I kept him amused. Of course he immediently dropped off to sleep. Kristi was less than pleased when I smiled and said "We have the baby from "Shoot 'Em Up." She does not like that film and told me she didn't approve of movies where people are trying to kill children.

Which as I pointed out to her confused me quite a lot, I mean she loves Harry Potter and that is what 7 films of exactly that.

Sometimes I can really see how people work and I can figure out what they are going to do and how they are going to react to things long in advance. Times like that the entire species just seems to confuse me. Oh well.

Hmm, one of my friends kids just posted a meme saying "Not In My Name - No War In Syria." I mean that right there confuses me. There has been a war raging in Syria for eight years now and I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with him at all.

Been cleaning up the house in preparation for the horde of visitors that starts a week today and goes on for a solid three weeks. In two weeks I estimate we will have 17 house guests.

Ouch.

Got Kristi to go out today with Ash so I could concentrate on getting some work done around the house. Man cave has been sorted out and the carpet cleaned, kitchen floor was scrubbed, laundry has been done, dishes washed and the front grass... well I've made that shorter. I am not one of those people who lovingly spends hours mowing the lawn so it looks perfect. But I do now have shorter grass. Was hoping to get some movies watched, but there is always later tonight. Dagon got out earlier and made straight to try and eat a bee flying around at the far end of the garden. Managed to stop him from chowing down on it on the basis that while there was the potiential for him to learn a valuable lesson, I also didn't fancy any possible vet bills.

We were planning on watching a movie tonight together but Ash is cluster feeding and it is leaving Kristi too tired. Ran her a bath, then had one myself afters, while she made dinner. So instead I am going to write some more stuff for tomorrows adventure and have some Hobgoblin Ale.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:32:49 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »

Hey, when you are done would you come to Texas and clean my house??

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2018, 02:48:07 PM »

Sure, my rates are $25 an hour plus expences (ie you are paying the plane fare :P ).

Although my rates drop to $5 if you supply the beer too. And none of that US domestic stuff, I want proper alcohol. Canadian or European for preference.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:34:54 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2018, 05:57:24 AM »

Slightly tired today. Ash wouldn't settle last night so I ended up lying down with him resting on my chest. Lay that way until 3 or 4 in the morning. He was still lying there with his eyes wide open. However it turns out Ash can sleep with his eyes open and I have no idea at what point he actually fell asleep at.

Kristi woke me about around eight to ask how much sleep I'd gotten. Go figure.

Anyway, me and the boy are watching Hell Comes To Frog Town while I do some writing. Possibly got a big battle scene coming up which leads onto the next major chapter for the party. Pretty confident at least one party member will die when they hit that, but the rewards for it are equally high.

Or at least I was trying. Kristi just brought a very messy cat up to me. Ever tried bathing a cat?

I think I remember when my life was simpler, but that could just be a delusion brought on by tiredness.

Oh, 1666 posts. The year the great plague ended in London, and the year of the great fire of London.

Shame it didn't wipe the city out. London really is a tacky s**thole.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:59:51 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2018, 04:44:28 PM »

Got into work this morning. The expected computer apocalypse hadn't happened from a software upgrade. The random drug testing team arrived today and I got nominated to give a sample. Went over there needing a pee already, but had to wait in a bit of queue before I could give my sample.

A whole hour later.

Still, I'd rather be nominated to give a sample than be one of the guys who has to stand there and watch people peeing to make sure they give a sample and don't have someone else doing one for them or anything. One of my workmates was however voluntold for that duty. Poor guy, he is having a rough time of it right now. Come September his wife is going for major brain surgery. Poor lad is (understandably) in bits worrying about it. He looks how I felt a year ago.

Found a copy of the 1977 version of The Hobbit. Made Kristi dinner tonight and ran her a bath, while we watch it. It is enjoyably bad.

Until this day, I never thought I'd ever use the phrase "Take your finger out of my nose young man." Mind you in recent days I've also had to (try and) say "Yes, well done Ash. Your arm does indeed fit in my mouth down to the elbow" (that one was a bit muffled mind).

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.