Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:44:04 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 312857 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2018, 04:34:03 PM »

Sat all day in work waiting on a vitally important thing coming in that was supposed to arrive yesterday. Then it was a arriving some time this morning. Eventually it turned up just as I was leaving, but I handed it over to the next shift.

Other than that it was absolutely quiet, well except of Jim and Shona complaining. They complain a lot. I got fed up enough of listening to it and went for a walk for half an hour or so just to get away from it.

Got home and I am guessing from the way Kristi shoved Ash into my arms and told me she needed to go out that she'd have a rough day, so we picked up dinner from a fish and chip shop and had a walkabout. She is looking a lot more relaxed now.

Feeling an extreme need to go shave, but spending quality time with the family just now. Watching the new Jumanji which is a decent enough movie, with a few good laughs along the way. Older brother is visiting tomorrow, which will be the first time I've seen him since we had a big arguement. Not expecting him to bring it here, but if he does while I am at work Kristi will just tell him to leave and that will be that. Like I said though, not expecting that.

Still keeping Pernille amused by sending her drummer jokes. There are a lot of drummer jokes out there. When I used to be a roadie I came up with a theory that every time they hit a drum a brain cell dies. :P Telling her put a smile on her face. She wants me to move to Denmark so I can amuse her more. She also wants me to bring Kristi and Ash. She isn't trying to steal me away from her or anything lol.

Making plans to meet my mother in law on Saturday. Got a friend willing to pick her up on the way back from hillwalking, but I'd like to be there to welcome her too. It would be nice to have Ash with me, but that would mean taking him, a buggy and a car seat unless I just carry him in the seat all day. I am looking forward to a whole 9 days off work.

Watching Trick R Treat just now. One of my favourite films to watch for Samhain, but I couldn't find where my copy is last year. Found it on some netflix style site Kristi signed us up to recently. Its got a lot more of the type of movies I like than Netflix too.

The nights aren't getting dark here now until after eight. The weather is getting better and we are slowly gliding towards summer. Hope it is a good one for everybody.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #211 on: April 19, 2018, 02:41:22 AM »

Postsarestilltooshort  Wink
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:24:30 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2018, 01:56:30 PM »

Some people are just never happy. Alas I have a baby who limits my time writing on the forum.

Seriously, he put parental controls on and everything.

More whining from my work mates today. I have started wondering if perhaps euthanasia would be a mercy killing for them if their lives really are so miserable.

I always try to help people in need. Although the help I provide might not be what you expect.

Or want.

Still, I could find out if something I have always wondered about it actually doable or not. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Still, I just have tomorrow to go and then I have 9 days off. And I don't know how many people coming to visit in that time. My diary is filled with notes along the lines of Person X arrives via plane to Place 1 at insert time and person Z is leaving via Place 47 half an hour later. Be at both places and Travel to Edinburgh for 2 days with X,Y,Z and K.

The last time I had to look after this many people we were in Disneyland and I was in charge of the children. By the time their parents has resc collected them, I had renamed them all Bob (as I couldn't be bothered remember all their names, I simply changed them all to Bob thus making my life much easier), and I had taught them how to fart the national anthems of 3 major world countries. Well except for the girls. That would just be wrong and unladylike. I taught them how to belch the alphabet instead.

Jim (the co worker, not the brother) told me he loves me today. First time since I've gotten back from the Falklands that he has said that. I always just reply "I know." That isn't a Star Wars reference either.

Some people really are only alive because I think if I kill them, someone would make me fill in paperwork afterwards. And I'll do a lot to avoid doing paperwork. Hmm, just had a thought there. Could just be that I am thinking too small a scale here. I mean if you kill a few people then yeah you are going to have to do paperwork on it.

Pretty sure though if you took out enough people the requirement for the paperwork would eventually go away...

Starting to struggle on new drummer jokes, so I've started sending Pernille memes. There should be a decent enough supply out there to keep her going for a while.

Warned Kristi that tomorrow after I finish work I am going to be on a cleaning kick. When the mood takes me to clean up, its best to just stay out of my way and let me get on with it. My OCD kicks in on full flow and anyone between me and what I have decided to do does not get a fun time of it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2018, 02:29:07 PM »

you are going to need a vacation after your vacation.
  what's the name of the site kristi signed you up for, please?
enjoy your time with your family, and write when you can!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2018, 05:15:33 AM »

So Friday CDT decided to return to camp. Ended up being one of their assistants so spent the whole day in a very hot toilet watching men pee.

That was a great start to the weekend I must say. Got home and just felt shattered. I can deal with the cold much better than heat. Plus doing a full time job, then coming home and doing all the housework and helping look after the baby finally just caught up with me I think. I was staggering around, walking into walls while doing housework so I went for a nap about half eight and slept for twelve hours, which is a significant improvement on my normal four hours, even if it did mean I then had loads of stuff to do before Lori arrived.

My mother in law arrived yesterday all safe and sound. She is staying for three weeks so I think its a good thing that we actually get on well. She spent most of yesterday cuddling Ash. Kristi ended up staying up with him all last night though. Dinner last night was dairy heavy and had jalapeños in it, and Ash didn't seem to appreciate that combination. She is now getting to sleep and I just finished feeding him a bottle of formula.

Cranked up the record player and we've been listening to some classic vinyl. Started with Meat Loaf (Bat of out Hell), onto some smooth Nazareth (Close Enough For Rock & Roll) and currently we are grooving to Iron Maiden (Piece Of Mind). Got up around seven o'clock this morning and just enjoying it being the two of us.

Even if the little fellow has another case of hiccups.

Took some leave so I am off all next week, which gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Yesterday was a lovely and warm day (although Lori found it chilly, I'll put that down to her natural habitat being a high mountain desert). Today is a lot cooler and overcast, although the clouds aren't heavy enough to portend rain. Hoping it clears up a bit and I'll take everyone a walk down to the harbour later, pick up some ice creams for everyone.

Maybe I'll even make the trip into Elgin and see if I can find a new bad movie to add to the collection. :)

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2018, 12:45:33 PM »

Ended up in Elgin, but didn't get any new movies. I bought a deck of MTG cards instead. Forgot to get a new light bulb for the man cave which continues a week long streak of forgetting to buy one. Hey, maybe when I have to go back in tomorrow I'll remember. Still it could be worse, Lori realised she left around $600 of her holiday spending money back in her house. Luckily for her though her son has a key for her house and can pick it up for them coming over on Wednesday. On the plus side, Lori brought me over a copy of 'Love At First Bite' which I can remember seeing in the cinema with my mum when I was just a little kid.

Lori brought 3 suitcases with her. Once all the baby clothes she'd brought over were emptied out, the remaining stuff she has doesn't fill one suitcase.

Been tidying up and so on. Just finished washing the dishes (yes I know you can buy dishwashers, however I don't like them). We now have a stack of washed pots and plates that to appreciate the size of you'd have to be with the Miskatonic expedition to the Antartic in 1930 when they found those mountains...

From a rather disappointing day it has turned into a glorius evening and although black clouds are on the way I am going to enjoy the sun shine while we have it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #216 on: April 23, 2018, 07:58:50 AM »

Not many people seem to be fortunate enough to lead a life free of pain. By some peoples standards I've had a tough life but sadly I get to hear a lot of sob stories and when it comes to hardships faced mine doesn't even come in the top 50 worst I've heard. One thing that has struck me for a long time is that those who have only had a few terrible things to face seem to let it define themselves and how they face the world as a result, while those who have faced so much more seem to end up being such shining examples of what we can be at our best and be truly beautiful souls.

When I hear the story behind someones pain I listen carefully. Sometimes I admire their strength in facing pain in so many different ways and overcoming it.

Of course sometimes I hear these tales and think "Oh right, so that is your excuse for being an a***ole."

For myself while I acknowledge my pain as being part of me I try to not let it define me. Although it does play a large part in helping me decide who I don't want to be. If I was to let anyone who had hurt me in the past define me then they have won and I am stronger than that.

Question is who do you let define you? Are you strong enough to defy your tormentors, prove yourself better than them and win or do you crumble before them and be fit for nothing more than spreading your misery to others, striking out at the world in a hundred different but all equally futile and impotent ways?

What wretched useless wastes of skin the latter group are. Perhaps I should have more sympathy for them, but all I can feel is pity and contempt, while at the same time being in awe of those who can rise above it and make the world a better place. They will always have my respect and admiration and while I may not be equal to them it gives me something to look up to and strive to match. On the other hand I do have sympathy for those poor souls who have indeed faced the worst the world can throw at them time and time again and been broken by it. If I can help one of those rebuild their lives then I will try.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:10:38 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2018, 12:00:39 PM »

Dagon decided to curl up beside Ash today.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2018, 03:44:55 AM »

I think the rest of my family are thermal vampires and live off my body heat.

This includes the cat.

It is not unusual for me to find myself in the morning with all three of them all cuddled into me, seeking to claim their share of my precious body heat. I suspect they are some sort of Japanese demon. The Japanese have some seriously messed up supernatural creatures from living coral that must keep their bowl like heads filled with water to women with detachable heads which fly around at night eating people and all sorts of other things that... well they go a long way to explaining hentai. Curiously though, the week I was spiking random fevers, Kristi had to sleep as far away from me in the bed as she could due to the heat radiating off me.

I guess all those bad sci fi movies and TV shows where they cause creatures who live off energy to explode by overloading them with it were onto something.

Decided to put some of the scented wax in the heater thing Kristi got me, so my room smells of apple cinnamon right now.

Ash managed to flood his nappy this morning with poop. Fortunately though the baby grow he was wearing appears to have some sort of waterproof properties and managed to hold it all in. Sadly despite such sterling service the clothing may not be savable following the high degree of trauma.

I am looking suspiciously in the direction of Trevor and wondering if he has somehow been teaching him tricks.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2018, 04:47:00 AM »

Made up a bunch of bottles of feed last night and done all the feeding last night to let Kristi get a full nights rest. As Ash woke up every time I put him in his cot it also meant I sat up with him all night letting him sleep on my chest. Going to pick up Kristi's younger brother and his wife from the airport shortly. Marc has a think about socks and in his honour I am wearing two mismatched ones as that will totally freak him out. One is black and yellow while the other is gray and purple. Really, if you have a weakness like that you really should never, ever tell me as I will use it whenever the chance arises.

Mwah hah hah!

Also got my mum and sister arriving today, the health visitor is popping in to check up on Ash and then tomorrow we go off to Edinburgh for two days. Marc is used to travelling and ignoring jet lag, but I wonder how his poor wife Hali (pronounced Holly) will react. She has never been out of the USA before. With just a week over here she gets hit with it she isn't going to get over that in the time available. For a seven hour time difference I recommend at least 3 weeks, but getting a baby sitter for four kids for that length of time is tough.

Their flight is being steadily delayed so waiting to see when they actually leave the ground.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2018, 06:12:49 AM »

So Friday CDT decided to return to camp. Ended up being one of their assistants so spent the whole day in a very hot toilet watching men pee.

Buggedout BuggedoutBounceGiggle BounceGiggle

First smile of the day, thanks  TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #221 on: April 25, 2018, 06:16:31 AM »

I am looking suspiciously in the direction of Trevor and wondering if he has somehow been teaching him tricks.

TeddyR TeddyR

Uncle Trevor has been known for many years as the designated fun Uncle.  Smile

316zombie
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2018, 09:33:54 PM »

ah yes, the yokai..i have an index of them, i'll  see if there's a heat demon..i think there is.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2018, 07:23:52 AM »

Been a few days since I've been able to post. Got Marc and Hali and we all trooped off to Edinburgh for two days. We didn't do too much the first night other than go to Hard Rock for a meal (they come all the way from the USA and want to go to a chain you can get back home? Oh well). Everyone else was too tired to go do anything at night, although I had insomnia so sat up all night in our hotel room with a baby who likes to make strange noises in the dark. Our hotel was close to the Playhouse where the Ozzy Osbourne incident happened so many years ago. Or didn't happen depending on how you want to look at that particular day.

Anyway about 1 am Ash made a noise and this is the thought that went through my head.

"If some sort of squid type alien had just gotten into our room and attacked Ash that is exactly the noise it would have made."

Good job the logical part of my brain knew that the chances of that happeing were so close to zero as to be completely ignorable.

About 10 seconds later I leapt out of bed, checked Ash was ok and then examined all possible ways into our room for any signs of any alien ichor or forced entry via air vents and so on.

I also really wished I had a flare gun as lets face it, if you have to deal with some sort of alien invasion a flare gun is the weapon that 9 times out of 10 is going to deal with it for you.

Since they are big Harry Potter fans we went to the Elephant House cafe where those books were started, then went down the street a little way to Grayfriers cemetary where she got some of the names for the characters from (so I've been to the final resting place of Tom Riddle), not to mention the whole Grariers Bobby thing. A quick look around the National Museum followed and then we split into two groups. Kristi and her mum Lori went shopping in the old town, while I took Marc, Hali and Ash up to the castle. Being from the US it amazed them that we have buildings almost a thousand years old (the oldest surviving party of the castle is a chapel dating from 1138, although there has been fortifications on the site for the last 2000 years.

After that we went to Frankensteins for a meal. 'Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man' was playing while we were in there. Although the sound was off I knew the script pretty much off by heart.

Finally we popped into the National Art Gallery as Marc loves that stuff (via a walk through the Princess Gardens), before it was time to get the train home. Got back about midnight. Unfortunately Ash who had been much better behaved that we expected the whole trip then decided this was the time to start crying, and pretty much didn't stop until around 1 pm. Everyone else is out shopping in Elgin, but I figured he needed some time not being held and just chilling out, so he is sleeping on the COMFY ARMCHAIR OF DOOOOOM!!!!! while I am playing some Thin Lizzy (Chinatown for any fellow fans). It was pouring down rain this morning which somewhat confused my desert dwelling relations, but it looks like the afternoon has turned into a lovely day. At some point I'll get the photos sorted out and stick some up here from the trip.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2018, 01:46:16 AM »

Family shot from Ash's naming day.

From left to right we have James, Cameron, Dawn and Adam (my older brothers family), Hali (Kristi's sister in law), me, Marc (Kristi's younger brother), Kristi and Ash, Lori (Kristi's mum), my little sister Elizabeth, Linda & Stewart (younger brother & wife) and then my mum.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.