Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:08:54 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 313007 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #255 on: May 23, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »

I used to keep Venus Flytraps. I'd even catch flying insects and feed them to the plants. All you really have to do with them though is keep them out of direct sunlight and give them water. I left Kristi to look after them for two weeks while I had to go somewhere and came back to find them all dead.

Went out a walk after work today since we are still having nice weather. This upcoming bank holiday weekend is supposed to be scorching weather.

This makes me suspicious as bank holidays never ever have nice weather.

The only reasonable explanation is that I have done one of my semi regular slips into an entirely different reality. As Sherlock Holmes would say, once you remove the impossible, what ever is left however improbable is invariably true.

I heard that one of my ex's has split up with yet another boyfriend in pretty much the same circumstances as she has split up with every other man she has ever been with. It is always all their fault. Still, she has (or at least had, I don't know if she still has) a group of friends who believe her every word and will no doubt coo all over her, offering an appropriate amount of sympathy and so on. I'd have to say though that Schadenfreude is my word of the day as although I've been trying not to, I can't help smiling when I think of her being miserable. Part of me is even tempted to drop her an email saying "Hey, how you doing? Been a long time. I am happily married with a baby, work is going great and life couldn't be much better. Hows things with you?" just to rub salt into the wound, but since it took me five years to get her to stop messaging me (to the point I had decided right, one more message and I am going to see about a restraining order) I am pretty sure I won't go down that path. She told me once that I would end up dying alone (along side telling me I was crap at relationships, rubbish in bed and all sorts of other things). Funny thing is, I believe ultimately we all die alone. However that what we don't have to do is live life alone, and I am pretty sure that is what fate has in store for her. Not something I'd wish on anyone, but I also wouldn't wish having to put up with her on anyone either.

On our walk today Kristi kept on asking me how I felt about various things that I have no particular opinion on either way. After the third, fourth or maybe it was fifth question I just started singing "I'm Easy". I also tried hitting the high notes, and putting high notes in where there weren't any. Given I will cheerfully admit that I am not a good singer, I'll let you imagine just how that sounded. It did get me lots of strange looks from people passing by (mind you, you should have seen the looks I was getting the other day in the local shop. I was carrying Ash in a harness with him against my chest and "Addicted To Love" came on the shop radio and I started dancing around with Ash), but it made Kristi laugh.

I'll do a lot to get to hear that woman of mine laugh. I love the sound of it, and if acting like a bit of a clown gets me there then that is what I'll do.

After we got home Ash wouldn't settle unless he was in motion. Kristi was trying to write some stuff for her new job and I wanted her to have peace and quiet for it, so I spent an hour walking up and down the living room to keep Ash settled. Eventually he went to sleep, so I've snuck him up the stairs with me. Had to change his diaper. He'd done a huge baby poop, so I was changing that and he decided to pee as well. He then started kicking his legs just to mix it all up together.

Yay for babies. Although more yay for the plastic changing mat I had him on which prevented me from having to scrub the carpet. Anyway. gave him a bath and now his mother is taking over for a bit.

An email went round looking for people to tell inspirational stories of how they got into their job to tell to school kids. I filled in the form, but I don't think they are going to want me to tell my story to children...

Still, overall today has been a good day.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:01:03 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #256 on: May 23, 2018, 03:32:28 PM »

let me give you an idea why these shooting are continuing, from personal experience.  my youngest niece goes to ashwaubenon high school, just outside green bay wisconsin. she graduates this year. but she, and about 1/2 of the other seniors will NOT be attending their graduation ceremony. why, you ask?
   because one of her classmates posted on instagram that he intended to buy a gun when he turned 18( which was last week) and go to the school and kill the people on the list he posted. he didn't say what day this would happen, and the only punishment he received was a week's suspension. he will still be allowed to graduate with his class.
 my niece and her crowd weren't on his list, but as she said, the people who are will be spread through the seated graduates and semi automatics in the hands of amateurs don't know who is who, they just spew out bullets.
   this boy has been violent since they were in junior high, and his parents have always bought his way back into school. THEY say he's " just kidding, it was a joke, he's a good kid".
   my cousins have been stationing themselves outside the school as a just in case, as there are only 2 security gaurds and plenty of easy access inside a school with many doors and windows.
  so my country family plans to host a ceremony for the kids who prefer not to risk their lives instead. the location isn't being broadcast, syd and her friends are gathering the list of people who want to be there, and they will be notified of the location that morning. the kids can pick up their diplomas at a later date, or have them mailed from the school.
  i sincerely hope the kids who DO go to the official ceremony are safe, but why take chances, right?
    i hate the thought that the kids in this country, especially my great niece and nephews, will probably end up going to schools that resemble prisons, but i think that's what it will take to protect them. and that SUCKS!
  okay, off the soapbox, sorry if that was TMI.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #257 on: May 23, 2018, 03:48:23 PM »

No, it isn't TMI at all. I just can't honestly understand why (well actually I do understand why. It all comes down to $ and manipulation, but that is a much longer conversation) nothing gets changed. If another country or a terrorist group were causing this many deaths I am pretty sure they'd get bombed back in to the stone age, but what I keep hearing from people is variations of "I hate that this is happening, but it is the right of people to own guns" and then they just shrug their shoulders.

I can do what I do for a living without losing a moments sleep, but for some odd reason the killing of innocents on the other side of the world needlessly bothers me.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2018, 03:50:17 PM »

Kristi made put a few baby pictures together which I am going to post just to cheer things up around here. Although if you are prudish you'll just have to edit out the nipple slip yourself.

316zombie
« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2018, 04:01:01 PM »

i am in love with those hats!  Cheers
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #260 on: May 23, 2018, 04:03:26 PM »

They are very cunning hats.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #261 on: May 23, 2018, 04:05:43 PM »

Oh hey Barri, if you look really closely at some of those pictures, you might just see the titles of some books.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #262 on: May 24, 2018, 04:35:02 PM »

So today was a lovely warm day outside. Our main boss is away, and we found out today when she comes back she won't be our boss any more. That was kept pretty quiet. I know the guy who is replacing her pretty well and I think things will be much more chilled out and relaxed under him. Not that Ali is a tyrant or anything, but she does now and again have her moments.

Anyway, back to the nice day. Bally tried to stand people down and send them home since work was a bit slow. I already got Monday off so I was happy to cover for other people to get some time off. You'd have thought we'd offered to bite them with a rattlesnake. I mean, you offer me the chance to go home and unless I have work I really have to do I won't be around for you to ask a second time or change your mind. One of my workmates, Cliffy is due to become a dad on Monday unless his wife decides to give birth over the weekend. When he was offered the chance to disappear he didn't want to go.

This is one of the many reasons why deep down inside I believe I am not actually a member of the human race. Not sure what species I really am, but I seem to have very little in common with the rest of you lot. Kristi wants me to do one of those DNA things and get my ancestry traced. I have the suspician that if I did that I'd have serious looking people turn up and "ask" me to accompany them to a lab somewhere where I'd never see the light of day again.

Possibly this would explain why I often feel homesick for somewhere I have never been?

Kristi decided that since I was now on days instead of the expected night shift this week that I could tonight A) Take Dagon to the vets for his immunizations (yes, I also believe in getting my pets done, even if it causes them to be autistic too) & B) Accompany her to the theatre club tonight. Now I finish work at 16:30 roughly. Depending on how long it takes to brief the oncoming shift it might be as late as 17:00 when I get away. She'd booked the appointment for 17:10 and it takes me 20 minutes to get home. So I broke a few laws of physics and bent reality a little to get home in time, changed out of my uniform, settled Ash down who was upset and crying, quickly got changed and took Dagon for his jab, got home had dinner, washed the dishes and then got ready to go to the theatre club.

Got there and the OC (Chris) had decided not to turn up. I announced to Kristi that she would thusly be heading off to the local shop to pick me up some beers in return for making me alter all my plans to suit her for the night and she would just have to put up with the smell of alcohol on my breath tonight as a result.

Beware of grumpy Scotsmen, for they are quick to anger and not subtle.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2018, 05:53:21 AM »

My local cinema opened a little extension which can be rented out. It only sits like 12 people, but you can rent it to watch movies on for £85 (around $130). I am seriously considering hiring it to watch MEG! on when it finally comes out.

Can't decide if I want to invite any one else to watch it with me or just see it alone though. If I do decide to invite other people and you fancy coming to watch it, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

Started watching Lucifer and am quite enjoying it. Then I got Kristi to watch some of it and she enjoyed it so I am having to watch the first season again so she can catch up with me. Bank Holiday on Monday (like a State Holiday in the US I guess), so not back in work until Tuesday. I went through our games cupboard and discovered that we had only played around a third of the games we own. Some of this is down to the number of players required (one for example needs 7 people to play), so we are going to use this weekend to play some of them as well as catching up on some of our favourites. Hoping to get a game of X-Wing in where I can use my C-ROC, not to mention I wouldn't mind a shot with our Imperial Decimator that I've had for over a year and not used (Clockwork Canary may well go into shock if he reads that, ooh, that reminds me I need to PM him about something).

Wonder if I can get Kristi to play me at Axis & Allies. Being a WW2 junkie I love that game. I also have the Normandy landings version which is one of the many never been played.

Of course all such shenanigans is all subjects to the needs to the baby and assuming we get enough sleep to feel up to learning new games. He is sleeping through most nights, but now and again he has his off night.

Don't worry RC, the PM to him won't be anywhere as disturbing as the one I sent you. Hopefully thinking of it isn't causing you sleepless nights, nightmares or any other kind of trauma, but if it does well now you know why curiosity killed the cat. And if you are wondering what was so disturbing about that message, trust me you do not want to know. File it under mysteries of the universe that were not meant to be known by mere mortals.

Mind you, this is advice coming from the man who when he was accused of meddling with dark powers beyond his understanding shrugged his shoulders and said "What else are you supposed to do with dark powers but meddle with them?"

With it being a lovely day I've asked one of the higher up bosses (all the lower level bosses aren't here) if we can stand our civilians down early. He said he'll have a think about it, which I will put down a "No, but I am not going to say no outright." Oh well I tried.

Practically everyone else in here is a boss. If we worked anywhere else we'd be bosses, but not in this building.

The drug testing team is on station again although we managed to get out of having to watch people pee by virtue of there not being enough people to cover our work. Makes a much better start to the weekend quite frankly than having to watch men pee all day.

Although quite frankly while there are worse ways to start your weekend, that is still a pretty damn bad one. Unless you are like some sort of perv who gets their jollies from that sort of thing. Not my place to judge, but if you do, yes you are a perv.

I am in a happy mood today. The kind where I could continually tazer someone over and over again and never get bored of it. Cattle prods are more fun to poke people with but harder to get, so I just have to make do with what I can get.

I've been accused a few times of being too happy and possibly losing my dark nickname, so I've been making sure that people understand just because I have a happy, smiley baby I have not undergone some dramatic personality change and I am still the same person who finds torturing friends and strangers alike amusing. Especially making them watch terrible, terrible movies.

I think I'll even delve into my secret supply of chocolate and treat Kristi. I firmly believe that every man should have a secret stash of chocolate for his woman (and I guess lesbians should have a stash for each other too), and when ever she is having a bad day just out of nowhere present her with some.

Unless of course your significant other has some allergy to chocolate of course. In which case you should only present her with such after taking out a high value life insurance policy and a really good airtight alibi.

One of my workmates, Ryan has been hospitalised with Cellulitis. We had no idea what that is so did some googling and found out it is potentially fatal. I asked if he died would we get the day off to go to his funeral and was told yes. Apparently then asking "But would we then actually have to go to the funeral" was a 'cold' thing to do.

Some times I fail to understand the modern use of language. Cold is like cool but better right?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2018, 04:32:52 PM »

Kristi went out today and left me and Ash alone today. I may have caught him planning to crash the moon into the earth.

Not that I am a huge fan of the royals or anything, but I saw a post where a woman was complaining about Harry's wife getting a coat of arms. Now to me I don't care one way or the other. I have a scale of importance of things where I measure them against how much it makes my eggs in the morning taste different. That rates a zero as well do most things. However I got into an arguement with some random female troll who was announcing that this was the end of all things British and a betrayl of our heritage blah blah blah.

Some other random female troll jumped on my and sent me a PM concerning my child. Spent the next couple of hours ripping into her until she decided to quit the internet for a while.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:19:40 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »

Tragedy seems like an awesome band!  Thanks for posting about them!  I hope I get a chance to see them one day!  That reminded me that I once made up my own alternate lyrics to Tragedy out of a real life situation: “Tragedy!  When you drop clean socks in the litter box, it’s tragedy!”  And that’s as far as I got.  Yep, I'm on my way to being the next Weird Al.

Your little guy is so cute!  Love the evil overlord look.  I know I don’t post much but I do check in a lot and the pictures always make me smile.  You all look really happy together.  I’m really looking forward to my little guy’s arrival, but I’m not nearly ready enough yet.  I hope he doesn’t turn out to be a jerk .
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #266 on: May 26, 2018, 03:42:10 PM »

I think you will be fine. You sound like a pretty cool mum to me. And as me and my wife say to our parents "I am exactly the child you raised me to be" I am sure you won't raise a jerk.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 04:00:48 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2018, 07:46:06 PM »

i agree. paquita, he'll be weird, of course, but a GOOD weird with you as his mom.
  and may i mention that i lust for DB woodside from lucifer...hachacha!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #268 on: May 27, 2018, 01:29:47 PM »

Sunday rolls around yet again. Nice day, but we are having no D&D game tonight as Anders is once again ill. Which is a shame as both me and Kristi were looking forward to tonights fun and games. I'd like to know if the party is going to keep the latest mask they found or hand it over. Plus I think I have been a bit stingy handing out magic items so I'm going to be rectifying that one.

So, the first female to try for the RAF Regiment has had to drop out as the training was more physically demanding than she thought it would be. Big slap in the face for the PR attempt. This is going to be a bit controvesial I guess, but the truth is that men and women are different and just deciding that men and women should serve together on the front line doesn't mean that it is going to work (and yes, there are women out there who are capable of equalling men in the field, however there isn't enough of them. They are the exception rather than the rule). I suspect what will happen is that they will lower the fitness standards so women can compete, but that then hits battlefield performance. Three women initially applied to join the regiment when the rules were changed to allow them in. The other two were judged not fit enough to even attempt the training. I mean a woman is quite capable of doing my job no problem. And if you want to have an all female combat force for the field, that is fine, but my feeling is that mixing men and women on the battlefield is a mistake.

All in the name of making things look good. Equality taken too far.

Then again maybe I am just a caveman who is behind the times.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 03:21:36 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #269 on: May 28, 2018, 05:27:15 PM »

The days stretch out into that long period people dream of all year called summer.

Then when it comes around they complain it is too hot and they want winter back.

Losers. Just enjoy it while ya got it.

We spent today relaxing a lot, took Ash on a walk to a local cemetary. I figure over the years he'll do that a lot with his mum so might as well get him used to it. The one we went to is a Commonwealth Grave Yard. One of the still legible graves for example was a soldier who died in the Battle Of Toulouse in 1814.

Ended up having to explain that someone who died in Russia in 1894 did not die in any of the Boar Wars however, although Kristi seems to insist that this was a possibility. Perhaps there was a whole Russian front going on there, that I have hithero remained unaware of? I admit I am not an expert on those conflicts although I have read over the campaigns in the past.

Still don't remember anything to do with Russia though.

Watched a film with Johnny Depp's daughter, Kevin Smiths daughter and a ton of cameos including Stan Lee. It wasn't a very good movie though. It did have that kid from The Sixth Sense as a nazi though. It was pretty awful in an enjoyable enough way.

Back to work tomorrow. Got two people with infected feet problems to deal with tomorrow. One got bitten by a Tsusu(sp) fly while visiting Africa on part of a world tour who is now popping in to stay with us for a few days, the other is a work mate with Cellulitis who gets assessed by the medics tomorrow which might then effect my shift pattern as my other work mate should by now be a dad and starting his paternity leave.

Good night out there, what ever you are.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.