Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:22:10 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 319291 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #315 on: June 13, 2018, 04:38:11 PM »

After a break of some months I started painting again tonight. Starting with my Kubelwagon and some German infantry as my German and Japanese forces are considerably smaller than any of the allied armies we've collected and naturally enough that limits the size of our games. Got a load of German and Japanese stuff to paint up as well the odd allied vehicle (Sherman Firefly & a Soviet Katyusha rocket launcher). Although I am painting most of my stuff up in early war uniforms (because it is a lot simpler to paint plain gray than do the camo scheme they had), I've decided to do the Kubelwagon in black and go a bit Hollywood WW2. Maybe paint some decals on the wings.

Got sent a video from Kristi. Ash has almost mastered crawling. We'd been debating on wither or not she should come home on Friday or Sunday, since Saturday night is the Sergeants Mess Summer Ball, which means very loud music can be heard all over the town until the last of them pass out drunk, normally sometime past 5 in the morning. Our house is soundproofed against the noise of jet engines taking off, but apparently not against the summer ball.

Oh, I seem to remember some people saying how much they liked the Gargoyles cartoon. Not one I am familiar with, but I did see this http://epicstream.com/news/Jordan-Peele-Reportedly-Wanted-To-Turn-Gargoyles-Series-Into-A-Live-Action-Reboot?utm_content=bufferfd4ef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=epicbuffer which may interest fans.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #316 on: June 14, 2018, 02:17:14 PM »

A friend posted up some old pictures of us together.

This was us about to pass out of basic training. Funny how much the world would change for us exactly a week after this picture was taken.

Me with my first command. My combat squad was about to load up our gear and head into the field. Just before taking this picture, the photographer said "Everyone show me your war faces!" I fear my squad somewhat let me down in this regard.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #317 on: June 15, 2018, 04:27:27 PM »

Ash has apparently decided to claim the Peoples Eyebrow as his own!

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #318 on: June 15, 2018, 05:05:17 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

316zombie
« Reply #319 on: June 16, 2018, 11:24:32 AM »

WEAVE WORLD! you own weave world! i KNEW there was a reason i like you! *kidding* . for the longest time i thought i was the only person i'd ever know who read the whole book, even my brother and sister couldn't get through it. and then i met my BFF, ans the first conversation we had was about this book. we've been besties for 22 years now. you have good taste!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #320 on: June 16, 2018, 12:36:42 PM »

I liked Weaveworld a lot. Have you read his Abarat novels?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2018, 09:15:26 AM »

Well looks like I am not going to be finding this fathers day to be as painful as the previous two were. I was given some comics (a Deadpool one and an old Marvel one called 'Chamber Of Chills' from '72. Its got an adaption of a Robert E. Howard story), and a set of Munchkin (Munchkin Fu for anyone familiar with this series of games).

Kristi and Ash are off to church although I really wanted him to stay home with me today. I think next week I'll insist on dad & baby time.

316zombie
« Reply #322 on: June 18, 2018, 12:36:47 PM »

actually, i haven't read those. i get obsessed with authors and i have learned when i need to back off for awhile, sometimes for years at a pop. clive was one of them. i'll get back to him soon, i think.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »

I liked the Hellbound Heart, wasn't quite as big a fan of the Books Of Blood. The best way I can describe Abarat is him doing a kids book, but still very much in his style.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2018, 05:25:55 PM »

Think I might need to put in for a weeks leave. Not to do anything in particular. Indeed quite the opposite. I think I want to spend it doing nothing.

Of course, as all the parents out there will very well know, doing nothing is a highly relative term.

My job isn't stressful (well it has it moments, but in general), but I am finding myself feeling very stressed at work and I am not sure why. I hope I am not starting to care about it again, that is the last thing I need. I suspect I just haven't killed someone I should. After all, stress is what you get when you don't kill someone who deserves it. ;) Or maybe I just want to be at home watching Ash grow.

Had to get Jim to send me the video of the two women and the conker. It is strangely facinating. Mostly because of the sounds the women makes. Maybe there is just something wrong with me, but it is like car crash TV.

Thinking about getting one of my fellow wargamers to paint up some figures for me. I do not care for the painting side of the hobby, but it would be nice to have an army painted up to a nice standard I guess.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #325 on: June 19, 2018, 03:54:47 PM »

Went through my fb page deleting people who were only on friends list because of some online game or another that I no longer played. I've kept a few people who became online friends there, but I went from 244 people down to about 178. I am pretty sure I don't actually like that many people though, must be a few more I can cut out. Whereas some people like to have as many friends on there as possible I seem to prefer having the minimum I can get away with.

I had a dream last night. Ever read the book 'I Am Legend'? Well, it was sort of that situation only the last surviving human was Indy and rather everyone else being vampires everyone else in the world had seen Jurassic World 2 except for him. It had went through the cinema and he hadn't been able to see it, every time he went to buy it on DVD it was sold out, and his internet connection was too slow to stream it online. He bought the book of the novel to try and at least read it, but the only copy he could find was written in Mandarin.

Had a board game night tonight, playing Munchkin Fu and Dungeon. Still need to get to play Lovecraft Letter though. We are slowly working our way through our unplayed board games, but then playing board games and buying them seem to be entirely seperate hobbies.

316zombie
« Reply #326 on: June 19, 2018, 06:19:56 PM »

poor indi...should that end up being a prophetic dream, my niece can teach him to read mandarin.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2018, 08:02:20 PM »

Went through my fb page deleting people who were only on friends list because of some online game or another that I no longer played. I've kept a few people who became online friends there, but I went from 244 people down to about 178. I am pretty sure I don't actually like that many people though, must be a few more I can cut out. Whereas some people like to have as many friends on there as possible I seem to prefer having the minimum I can get away with.

I had a dream last night. Ever read the book 'I Am Legend'? Well, it was sort of that situation only the last surviving human was Indy and rather everyone else being vampires everyone else in the world had seen Jurassic World 2 except for him. It had went through the cinema and he hadn't been able to see it, every time he went to buy it on DVD it was sold out, and his internet connection was too slow to stream it online. He bought the book of the novel to try and at least read it, but the only copy he could find was written in Mandarin.

Had a board game night tonight, playing Munchkin Fu and Dungeon. Still need to get to play Lovecraft Letter though. We are slowly working our way through our unplayed board games, but then playing board games and buying them seem to be entirely seperate hobbies.

You are REALLY mean, dude!!!   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2018, 12:33:02 AM »

Only another couple of days of this to go Indy.  Wink

Unless of course my dream comes true...

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #329 on: June 20, 2018, 05:47:03 AM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I haven't seen it yet either  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.