Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:56:59 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 312817 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #375 on: July 13, 2018, 05:11:46 PM »

I understand that mate. Believe me I know a lot of good people from the USA who want nothing to do with him. And I know he didn't even manage to win the popular vote. Me and Kristi actually landed in the US on election day. When I woke up in the morning and it was confirmed he had one I felt physically sick.
Oh Cool.  I knew you were in Scotland.  My family's Irish, both sides, all the way back.  But we're American born and bred.  The impression I have is that the resident of the United States is not well liked there.  

Many Americans - maybe all - felt physically ill.  Political leaning has never been a deal breaker for me; I'm not political.  It's a much needed lesson to America.  I believe Donald Trump has served the American people a great service.  

I hope that he doesn't do anything truly stupid during his time in office and people realise the consequences of their vote.

He's gone beyond "truly stupid" a long time ago.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »

I understand that mate. Believe me I know a lot of good people from the USA who want nothing to do with him. And I know he didn't even manage to win the popular vote. Me and Kristi actually landed in the US on election day. When I woke up in the morning and it was confirmed he had one I felt physically sick.
Oh Cool.  I knew you were in Scotland.  My family's Irish, both sides, all the way back.  But we're American born and bred.  The impression I have is that the resident of the United States is not well liked there.  

Many Americans - maybe all - felt physically ill.  Political leaning has never been a deal breaker for me; I'm not political.  It's a much needed lesson to America.  I believe Donald Trump has served the American people a great service.  

I hope that he doesn't do anything truly stupid during his time in office and people realise the consequences of their vote.

Believe it or not, there is much worse he can do...

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2018, 05:25:59 PM »

I am 54 years old.  I came of age during the Reagan Revolution and he is still my favorite President (during my lifetime).
I have always leaned right of center, but I don't even recognize what my political party has become.
It's nauseating to see some of the pure hatefulness and bigotry that comes out on social media on any political subject now.
Many people I like and respect voted for Trump (including my Mom and my closest friend) because they were so terrified of Hillary Clinton being President.
I couldn't do it.  I didn't like Mrs. Clinton, but Trump nauseated me from day one.  And the fact is, I think out of the 17 GOP candidates that started the race, ten of them could have beaten her easily.  But people were angry and afraid, and we know where anger and fear lead . . .

So here we are.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #378 on: July 13, 2018, 05:32:30 PM »

A lot of the people I know from Utah did go with a third party candiadate simply because they could not bring themselves to vote for either trump or clinton.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2018, 06:01:53 PM »

I have asked an Irish friend how trump goes down over there. I'll let you know what the reply is.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #380 on: July 13, 2018, 06:04:39 PM »

Ok, got a reply a bit faster than I was expecting...

Alex: Asking for some American friends. How is Trump viewed in Ireland?
Lisa: A load of s**te ! Sorry, but honestly yes, he is hated, and seen as a misogynist, sexist, racist, plonker
Alex: That is what i figured.
Lisa: There may be some who like him but most don't, sorry
Alex: And I think that is the first time I have ever seen you swear.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #381 on: July 13, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »

I voted third party for the first time in my life.  And if he is the GOP candidate in 2020 I will do it again.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #382 on: July 13, 2018, 06:09:37 PM »

I am 54 years old.  I came of age during the Reagan Revolution and he is still my favorite President (during my lifetime).
I have always leaned right of center, but I don't even recognize what my political party has become.
It's nauseating to see some of the pure hatefulness and bigotry that comes out on social media on any political subject now.
Many people I like and respect voted for Trump (including my Mom and my closest friend) because they were so terrified of Hillary Clinton being President.
I couldn't do it.  I didn't like Mrs. Clinton, but Trump nauseated me from day one.  And the fact is, I think out of the 17 GOP candidates that started the race, ten of them could have beaten her easily.  But people were angry and afraid, and we know where anger and fear lead . . .

So here we are.

I am from Utah (for those who don't know me it shouldn't be hard to figure out who I am, although I only read this thread when instructed to by Alex) and this is the first time in my life that I can remember a Republican Candidate or any Presidential Candidate campaigning in Utah, and the fact that the Republican's had to run a smear campaign to stop an independent candidate from winning says a lot about how Utah views him. He didn't win a majority of votes there he just managed to get the largest chunk of them. This was the first Presidential election since 1996 that I did not vote in, but you can bet I'll be using my mail in ballot for the 2020 election, even though I have doubts that they are actually counted. I have a family member that I spent many an hour on skype discussing the candidates with and was happy when they told me that they could not bring themselves to vote for Clinton (she really rubbed them the wrong way when she was First Lady) but they would not vote for Trump so they took the time to look into the third party candidates and voted for one of them. The thing that impressed me with that is she was someone who had voted Republican her entire voting life and had never actually looked into the candidates. I do think that this election led a lot more people to be politically aware, and yes I'm looking on the bright side.

Alex and I have said it's like both parties chose the worst candidates and ran them against each other, I preferred Mrs. Clinton over Trump but I don't necessarily think she was the best person for the job. I really wish someone like John Huntsman Jr would run (or that he would just run again, he chose a bad time to run last time, there was no way the Republican's wanted to Mormon candidates and Romney fit the party more than Huntsman did) in the 2020 election, he's someone I know I could support.   You are right that most of the other Republican candidates would have easily beaten Mrs. Clinton in both the popular and electoral vote and would have done a good job as President. I hope that the Democrats choose some one that isn't as divisive for the next race and that there are some challengers in the Republican party that the party can get behind.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #383 on: July 13, 2018, 06:46:05 PM »

That, of course, is my point. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #384 on: July 14, 2018, 02:13:35 AM »

Thanks to everyone who has been taking part in this conversation. Its nice to have a talk about politics without it desending into name calling and arguements, although I guess that is easier when everyone seems to be on the same side lol.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #385 on: July 14, 2018, 02:45:45 AM »

Don't remind me.
He's alienated NATO,he's embracing scumbags like Putin and Kim.... ARGH! I can't type no more!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #386 on: July 14, 2018, 06:58:16 AM »

Don't remind me.
He's alienated NATO,he's embracing scumbags like Putin and Kim.... ARGH! I can't type no more!

Oh hey he's managed to anger pretty much all of the UK in one day. He managed to keep the Queen waiting outside in the heat by being 15 minutes late, failed to bow to her as visiting heads of states do (according to the article I just read he's the first not to do it) and then walking ahead of her in an inspection of the guard. He needs a better cultural liason to help him out I think. Oh and hey he gave an interview to the Sun of all newpsapers, insulting the Prime Minister and saying that Boris Johnson would do a better job, before heading into a meeting with her. He then went on to say something that I would usually agree with no questions asked, that the Sun is Fake News... it seems he may have gotten a talking to for that interview and realized how big of a misstep it was.

I did have an interesting thought, to me at least, he keeps calling these stories fake news not false news, so in a way he's saying that they aren't newsworthy not that they are untrue.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #387 on: July 14, 2018, 02:40:22 PM »

A nice relaxing Saturday. One of the reasons I love doing night shift is the three day weekend. That extra day just makes such a difference.

Its very gray outside, but also very warm. We've reached that couple of weeks of the year when everyone wishes air conditioning was more of a thing over here. Catching up on movies. I have a rough aim of watching more movies than there are days in the year. Last month fell badly short though so I have some catching up to do.

After a few weeks of Ash refusing to sleep for more than about half an hour a day he is finally sleeping loads. 11 hours the night before last, and then other than waking up for a bottle he slept most of yesterday. Today he is settling more back into his usual sleep pattern.

No doubt at some point he will throw up in my ear again. That was a terrific experience the other day.

Still, I am going to go and have a long relaxing hot bath shortly. If the baby isn't driving Kristi crazy then the cat has been. He injured a leg yesterday. We think he was fighting with a couple of dogs and was limping heavily although the leg didn't have any visable damage or feel broken. He seems to be walking ok today. I am keeping him in the house until tomorrow though just to make sure. I hope he figures out quickly that some places just aren't for him to go exploring in. Ash sat watching films with me today, gurgling especially happily as MacReady torched The Thing.

What else has happened this week? Well we had a big parade and flyover in London as part of celebrating the RAF being 100 years old. The flyover was of 100 different aircraft. Big treat for all the spotters out there I guess. I loved how one of the old veterans pointed out for the last big flyover he'd been at many years ago we'd had 168 aircraft while this time getting 100 up was a stretch.

Got Kristi to go to the shop for ice creams while I try and persuade Ash that he really should go for a sleep.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #388 on: July 14, 2018, 03:18:31 PM »

For those that are interested, some pictures from the anti trump protests in George Square in Glasgow.

I love the green placard in the background here.

That isn't quite all the pictures, but i am sure you get the idea from this lot.

Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #389 on: July 14, 2018, 03:46:44 PM »

I just see a huge string of images saying "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available." I'm guessing that all of those images were deleted already?

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.