Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:37:12 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 312863 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #510 on: September 07, 2018, 05:56:33 AM »

Spoke to the boss (Terry) this morning, so I can get away from work a bit early and get down to Glasgow a bit quicker. Go and see what that silly bugger of a brother of mine is doing. I bet he got all these infections from his stupid beard. Bloody gin drinking hipster.

Leaving Kristi, Ash and Dagon at home while I go see him. Since Kristi won't get her usual weekend break from getting up in the middle of the night with Ash I let her sleep last night and gave him his 2am and 5am feeds. He doesn't actually wake up for these feeds but he does cry in his sleep until he gets them. Going to miss the way he smiles when I walk in the room while I am away, or when he opens his eyes and see's me when he wakes up.

Got a text from Stewart saying he is feeling a bit better. Spent last night on a drip and being pumped full of a cocktail of antibiotics.

Watched a movie about Satan coming to earth in the form of a cobra and terrorizing small town America. I couldn't help but notice that it didn't actually have any fangs which makes it very impressive that it managed to kill so many people with its poisonous bite.

Got a vague urge to watch 'End of Days'. Maybe I'll do that on the train down to Glasgow. Currently we've been going through the whole of Star Trek Enterprise. Only ever seen the occasional episode of that before. Got to an episode where some guy got pregnant from an alien women and Kristi was annoyed that I figured out in advance that, that would happen and that it would be resolved. But then I never watch Star Trek for well written or intelligent episodes. It's more like a sort of baseline for mildly enjoyable but ultimately forgettable sci-fi TV. Never understand those who build it up into some sort of cult and base their lives around it. And I very much doubt that humanity is going to end up the communist utopia that is the Federation.

Hell, even Star Wars is a lot more realistic if you want to take a guess at the future of the species.

Except for the stuff about the magic space wizards.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #511 on: September 07, 2018, 08:04:56 AM »

Got a vague urge to watch 'End of Days'. Maybe I'll do that on the train down to Glasgow.

If it's this you want to watch

I don't really recommend it apart from the scene where Gabriel Byrne as Satan sees a kid with a T Shirt praising him and he says "Cool TShirt!"  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #512 on: September 07, 2018, 12:32:07 PM »

Yes Trevor, it is indeed that movie. I've seen it before (and indeed have it on DVD).

Ah, the joys of a Friday evening train. There ones are always packed with people, many of whom will be irritatingly noisy, and as the journey continues increasingly drunk. Normally some random drunk will decide to try and start a fight with me on the last part of trip. Normally I just stand still and laugh as they fall over which just makes them angrier, but fall over even more which of course makes me laugh even more and so on. Maybe one night one of them will surprise me and actually be able to swing a punch and before I realise what I am doing I'll have blocked with my right, then either swung a counter punch with my left or went for a head butt.

Missing Kristi and Ash and Dagon. I was looking forward to having our first weekend alone for two months, but family is family and so I am travelling from east coast to west to visit my little brother and check he is ok, that his wife is handling things ok, and that my mum and sister are doing fine.

The joys of being nominated the responsible adult in the family (really, I am the best they could find? The man who once proved that it was perfectly capable to sprint drunkenly in a crowded pub while wearing high heels for the first time ever (and there you go ER, an admission of something I did in a pub). Of course the girl who had dared me to put on her high heels was left sitting bare footed in the pub. Wonder how she got home that night? Never did see her again.

Was going to do some pen on paper writing, and listen to some music on my phone but I managed not to pack a pen or my headphones so I am less isolated from my fellow passengers than I would like. I have 90 minutes to Aberdeen, 4 hours to Glasgow and then 30 - 45 minutes to Kilwinning (depending on wither or not I catch an express) all on trains still to go, then a fifteen minute taxi journey (assuming I can get a taxi when I hit Kilwinning not long before midnight).

Oh wow, someone sitting at the same table as me just ordered a small can of Kopperberg and it cost him £2.70, but then the train is always expensive.  It is funny, train companies complain about the behaviour of drunken passengers and yet they sell alcohol to them.

What a perfect encapsulation of capitalism.

And besides, my mum will have some beers waiting for me when I reach her house. I can wait until then. :)

Dark clouds are drifting over the evening sky. It looks like a storm is incoming, but then when isn't there?

The part of me that craves an adventure is being usually active at the moment. Too many responsibilities for than nowadays. I wonder if it is because I pulled out the backpack I used to stick a few vital things in, put it on my back and then see where I ended up. Could it be awakening old memories and igniting my wanderlust. Those days are however over and it is time that part of me accepts that before I have to do what I did to Evil Alex.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #513 on: September 07, 2018, 01:05:39 PM »

Our train has been delayed. I have a six minute window in Aberdeen to catch my Glasgow connection. Will I make it? Do aliens travel half way across the universe just to make crop circles? Is a secret organisation called the NWO running things behind the scenes (if you are guys and gals, I don't mind you don't that, but how about doing a better job of it huh)? Did Jennifer McLatchy ever figure out that her hairstyles were awful and I only complemented her on them because I thought she had a really cute button nose, matched with brown eyes and hair? Maybe JFK was shot by JWB, who decided to start a collection of assassinated American presidents travelling through time to bump off which ever ones take his fancy (in which case, could he not add one more to his tally? All else might be forgiven by future historians).

If you want the answers to any of these questions other than the first one, well go ask someone else.

Hmm, I wonder if there really is a church in the place Sean Connery tells Nic Cage to visit on his honeymoon? And if so is it plagued by people who try to sneak in and break the leg of a pew to see if it contains a load of black ops secrets?

From where I sit I can see 8 people. Five of them are on their phones, one is reading a magazine. Guess I am not the only one who likes to be isolated from my fellow passangers.

The storm clouds are continuing to gather. It looks portentous, but then stormy weather is good for that kind of thing. I love being curled up inside somewhere warm and listening to storms outside. If it is just raining I am happy to go out for a walk in it, but high winds make it more of an irritation than anything else.

There is suddenly a lot less seagulls on camp. It was kept very quiet beforehand, but last weekend a cull was carried out on camp. My previous estimate of gulls on base was between 500-1000 on the domestic side at any one time, no idea how many over the airfield side. There are now none. It is nice to walk to work without having to dodge birds crapping on you and stinking up the place. Normally I am against killing animals but I tend to class gulls (and pidgeons) as vermin. And flying insects (because their buzzing tends to stop me getting to sleep although I tend to leave bee's alone. For some reason they do not irritate me the way daddy long legs, flys, wasps and so on do).

Gave Liz at work a fright today. She has a fear of moths, so I got a little mechanical one and set it loose on her desk when she was away for a minute. Oh and Ryan forgot to lock his work terminal when he went to the toilet, so he found he'd emailed Terry confessing his love.

Heh heh heh. Believe me, there is much worse things I could have done, but I decided to be gentle.

Told you I'd killed Evil Alex.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #514 on: September 07, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »

Ended up chatting with a young lad who was worried he'd miss his later on connections with our train running late. I told him how to sort the issue and that the train company had an obligation to either make sure his journey was completed, or find him a hotel room for the night and couldn't just abandon him. Anyway, we made it to Aberdeen just in time for our connection (which was the same train although he was getting off in Dundee) only to find our train had been cancelled. There was another one in an hour so I said I was going for a beer and he asked me if I minded having some company.

Fair enough says I, and we go into the local pub where he bought the first round. At some point while we were chatting I figured out 1) He was gay and 2) He was trying to chat me up. He seemed a pleasant enough lad, but well I just don't swing that way and I've been told that I am the least gay man on the planet by gay friends and that I lack the 'special quality' (no idea what that is but apparently it is something that gay men can spot in each other or something?). Anyway, we had a friendly chat on the train. I have to admit to feeling slightly complimented that someone 24 years younger than me was attracted to me lol.

I guess I still got it.

He told me he is a human puppy. While I can take some guesses, I am not 100% sure what that is and I don't plan on Googling it either just in case my worst assumptions are right. He did show me his dog collar (and we are not talking about a priest type thing) and name tag on it (Hiccup. No idea if that means something or he is just a 'How To Train Your Dragon' fan).

Seemed a nice enough lad. He was staying with some friends in Dundee overnight and then heading down to Manchester for a Pride march. Hope he has a good time.

We were getting funny looks from other people on the train, but either I am secure enough in my sexuality that I can talk with a gay man and not worry about it, or feel threatened or whatever, or I just don't care enough about that sort of thing. I hope its because I take people for how they treat others rather than what they do in the bedroom (or on the beach, or in airplane toilets or wherever).

Anyway, I am not back at my mums house for the second weekend in a row and it is around half one in the morning so I am going to get some sleep.

Good night out there.... what ever you are. (insert evil laugh).

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #515 on: September 08, 2018, 01:55:49 PM »

Went to see Stewart. He sounded better than he had on the phone, although he was too weak to get out of his chair, being stuck either in that or in his bed. He can't concentrate on anything so he just sleeps or sits there tired, but his condition is improving and I don't need to look at giving him a kidney for a while yet I guess.

Some guy wanted to start a fight with me as I got on the bus today. Was feeling happy to oblige him, but my mum and sister were there too. He got on the bus after me and sat in the row in front and made some comments, but didn't try anything else. I told my mum one of my war stories, just loud enough for him to hear it and figure out I am a soldier.

After that he got very quiet and got off the bus later without as much as looking back around at me. Which is a shame cos I had a huge smirk across my face.

Anyway, I am happy enough with how Stewart looks to head back up the road tomorrow rather than waiting until Monday. Missing my wife and baby. Should get in about 17:00 tomorrow.

Watching one of the Harry Potter films with the family just now and going to enjoy a few lagers, then pack for travelling back to the north east tomorrow.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #516 on: September 09, 2018, 03:20:48 AM »

The idea of doing extra (unpaid) work for your job has always confused me a little. I mean unless your employer has done something over and above why should you show 'loyalty'? After all the chances are the first time the buisness can make more money by getting rid of you than keeping you around you will be out the door. Ok, I'd have to admit that I do work outside my regular working hours sometimes, however that is part of my job since I am paid 24 hours a day and my work has actually done things for me that it didn't have to, thus earning my loyalty.

Heading back up the road shortly. It's been over two months since me and Kristi had a weekend together and without company, and it will be another few weeks before we get that chance again and I am feeling very much like we just need time together. Missing Ash like hell, his smile when he see's me and his baby giggles. Funny to think that at 35 I'd accepted that I wasn't going to get married or have kids and I was happy with that. Now almost ten years later I have all these things and so much more.

Sometimes it does feel to me like I am living someone elses perfect life. I remember when we were at school and other kids talked about the things they wanted in their future and it involved things that just hadn't even occured to me, like getting married. Funny thing is I have also achieved the things I wanted out of my life. 4 year old me would be delighted to know that I got to go to Disneyland, and the one in California, not the one in Florida. 12 year old me wanted to be a soldier, so he'd be happy. 17 year old me wanted to drink in the Rainbow Bar & Grill, so he'd be satisfied too.

15 year old me might be happy that I haven't destroyed the whole human race and left it to the animals, but hey there is still time for that.

And when I say animals, I mean cats.

Besides humanity seems to be quite happily managing to head that way without my intervention so perhaps I can just sit back and enjoy the ride there.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #517 on: September 09, 2018, 01:42:10 PM »

And I am once again home. Had hoped to come in, relax a bit and have a beer before having a nice hot bath, but I ended up washing the dishes, mopping the kitchen floor and some other stuff first. Got my bath and had food now.

Oh and Trevor, I am watching 'The End of Days'. It isn't as bad as The Avengers movie (the Uma Thurman one), that I had happily forgotten existed until I saw your review of it. Now I can't forget it.

As far as Sean Connery films go, I rate that one as being worse than Zardoz. *shudder*

Found a bottle of Motorhead beer. It seems to be very rare (only my third bottle of it). I like it when I can find it.

Had to stand on the train from Glasgow to Inverness. Sunday trains are always a b***h and they had only put three carriages on. They stopped in Perth to put some more on though and give people a bit more space. Didn't have enough room to sit and write like I had hoped. And I can't get on BMDO most of the time as the wi-fi on the train blocks this site (occasionally I can slip through the net, but not often).

No young boys tried to hit on me this time though. If I happen to bump into him again (his name is Harry), and anyone else out there want's his phone number though let me know and I'll see if I can get you it.

Wish I didn't have work tomorrow, I want time with my family and I feel grumpy about not getting it. These days are precious and I have no wish to waste them.

316zombie
« Reply #518 on: September 09, 2018, 03:10:53 PM »

good to hear that stewart is improving! i must say that i'm rather grateful not to have to be " the family adult" anymore, now that i suckered big brother into moving to green bay. he& baby sister are the adult together now, which seems fair to me since THEY have all the kid/grandkids.
   now i don't have to spend thousands to go take care of them yay! and when i ( hopefully) visit next year, i'm making them pay for EVERYTHING. and take me drinking. and to bay beach too. and to door county, where i will make myself ill drinking gooseberry liqueur and eating fudge. and THEY have to clean up after ME for a change! by gawd, it's MY turn!
   but i still will do the cooking, they are onionheads, you know. NO  onions on  my watch!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #519 on: September 09, 2018, 03:59:47 PM »

(What's an onionhead? Never heard that one. lol)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #520 on: September 09, 2018, 04:49:16 PM »

I think I have received the position of family patriarch. As much as my older brother thinks he has that position he has not earned it and just being the eldest in the family does not grant you that position. Indeed I do not think my older brother has any idea just how much he is disliked by some elements of the family. I have done my best to make sure he is still part of the family, but sometimes I feel like just cutting him loose and saying this is the position you have earned (mostly when he says something about immigrants and has to be reminded that my wife is not a native). Sink or swim by your actions.

Of course I won't because I am the one person in the whole family who speaks to everyone else. Because I tolerate almost everyone. Even the intolerable. You have to be a really self centred a***ole with no clue about how the rest of the world feels about you before I finally give up on someone. So far there are three people in that position. One is my dad, another is an ex girlfriend, and the third... well either you know who that person is or you don't.

I need to get very drunk, get in a fight and lose badly. Mind you, the last time I picked a fight I wanted to lose was perhaps fifteen years ago. I must have picked the biggest p***y in the bar. The place is nicknamed "Fight Club" for f**ks sake. I let the guy punch me six times in the face before I threw a punch back and I didn't have a single bruise on my face the next day. Bet he was some officer. No real man would punch like that. It is so funny to me that at the start of my military career so much pressure was put on me to join the officer core. If only they knew just how little respect I have for most of them. I've served under a lot of SNCO's who I would charge into battle beside, risking death and whatever else came my way, but officers I've thought that way of... so few and far between. These are the men and women I am sworn to serve and die for and yet so many of them I wouldn't p**s on if they were on fire and yet some of my SNCO's I'd crawl over broken glass with my zip down if that was what was required.

In my mind the military needs the biggest shake up since Oliver Cromwell and the New Model Army. It seems no country in the world is quite free yet from the legacy of nobles leading warfare and without them it would descend into mindless slaughter. Somehow, I think without  them everyone would go home and live a good life. One thing that surprised me somewhat with the guy who was trying to chat me up was the subject of transgender people came up. He said that that you could be one, you could be the other. You could be neither. And that he understood. But people who demanded that they were none of the above and wanted to be viewed as something else... well they were damaging the fight of people who genuinely 'have a problem'. I appreciate that this isn't the best way to describe things but it was how he described things.

Me, I have never been sure about these things. When I was a child in the 70's and 80's it was pretty much a hanging offence to be anything but straight. I never agreed with that. I felt that if two men or two women were in love with each other then that was fine and I never once had a problem with that. Or indeed if you were born what you felt was the wrong sex and that medical science could correct that for you. Fine, I support that and will do my best to protect your rights there. For what ever reason people claiming to be one of 57 varieties of sexuality I have never been quite as easy as accepting.

Maybe you will read this and think I am some sort of dinosaur from a previous age who needs to wake up to what is happening in the world around him. Maybe you agree with how I feel like the world is moving on and leaving you behind without a chance to catch up. I know the world leaves me feeling that way a lot and I don't really understand why some people think that my entire world view should change to suit whatever they are going through at the moment. Where I have friends that are going through something, even if I don't understand something I try to do my best to support them. I mostly feel though that these efforts are totally unappreciated based on what I hear back from people going through these things. They just seem to expect that the entire world can pivot in microseconds and match exactly what they expect with no real comprehension on how this kind of thing affects those around them. In fact I'd have to say that the people demanding such change from the world around them are incredibly selfish. They expect everything to fit in to their timelines and expectations with little or no regard as to how this impacts on people around them. Certainly those who are going through these things seem not one iota more understanding or concerned about the beliefs of those around them, merely caring that their own desires are fulfiled.

Ok, I might be slightly drunk tonight, but this is a post I just made on FB. It is atleast 40% due to me being tired of the expectations other people put on me.

Over the past few months I've been cutting down the number of 'friends' I have on facebook. I think I culled over 70 in one night based on people I no longer bothered reading the status updates of. Guess that means that if you can read this I still care to some degree what you write, but I've also went through and told fb not to bother telling me the updates of people while I haven't unfriended I am not quite ready to dump from my life completely yet.

Or maybe I am just being a coward and want those people whose constant changes of causes have worn me out and right now I no longer care if they unfriend me rather than expect me to follow and agree with every whim they have.

Guess I am feeling tired of being held to ransom by the wishes of other people and I've had enough to drink tonight to feel honest about expressing how I feel. Too many people expect that they should be supported instead of putting some effort in to earning such effort, and what they say should be taken as gospel. Especially when the very same people have made it quite clear that the same curtasies are not going to be returned and in the end of the day if you cannot bring yourself to behoove yourself to provide these benefits to others why the hell should you expect to receive them in return?

In other words, karma is a b***h. f**k you.

If you are reading this and wondering if it refers to you, then put that down to a guilty conscience, or your own arrogance and unfriend me. You will not be missed. Right now, I have had enough of you, and trying to live up to your expectations. Learn the difference between your problems and those of the rest of the world and stop putting your individual problems on everyone else.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:43:02 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #521 on: September 10, 2018, 06:26:35 AM »

Oh and Trevor, I am watching 'The End of Days'. It isn't as bad as The Avengers movie (the Uma Thurman one), that I had happily forgotten existed until I saw your review of it. Now I can't forget it.
As far as Sean Connery films go, I rate that one as being worse than Zardoz. *shudder*

TeddyR TeddyR

First of all, I'm glad your brother's doing better  Thumbup

Secondly: that film - The Avengers - embarrassed me when I wrote the review - it's one of the only films I still have on VHS.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #522 on: September 10, 2018, 01:15:19 PM »

Why did the film embarrass you? Are you telling us that you are the one who directed it?

Our cat has taken to tormenting the dog next door. It sits on the other side of the fence where the dog can see it, at which point said dog goes wild and starts barking and trying to get through the fence. Dagon will sit there quite calmly until the dog exhausts itself and stops barking etc, and then casually stroll off.

1756 days left. In 1756 the Seven Years War started. Quakers leave the assembly of Pennsylvania. Casanova escaped from prison in Vienna. 146 prisoners of war (including civilians) died when they were imprisoned in the black hole of Calcutta. Seems to have been a slow news year beyond that though.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #523 on: September 10, 2018, 02:18:03 PM »

(What's an onionhead? Never heard that one. lol)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052030/

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #524 on: September 10, 2018, 04:05:19 PM »

My work mate (Jim) was singing along to some Def Leppard on the radio, and yet when I went to the tea bar, grabbed some and did indeed pour some sugar on him he screamed like a little girl.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.