Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:32:49 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 312961 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #975 on: February 08, 2019, 03:47:11 PM »

Speaking of giant darts.....

Sorry... Small | Large

I love these guys!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #976 on: February 08, 2019, 04:14:28 PM »

Sometimes I think half of what the meaning of life is really about is learning to give a s**t about people.

The other half is figuring out which people to give a s**t about.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #977 on: February 08, 2019, 04:15:31 PM »

Speaking of giant darts.....

Sorry...

I love these guys!

Heh.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #978 on: February 08, 2019, 05:41:21 PM »

Decided to horrify some Magic: The Gathering fans and posted this up.

All my old cards, just lying unsleeved in a box.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #979 on: February 09, 2019, 02:02:52 PM »

On a black and white movie kick today. Got over 60 hours of movies from the 30s and 40s I've had sitting around for a couple of years and decided to make a dent in them.

Ash's shelves arrived this morning. Got them built up and put his figures and playsets on them along with all the stuffed toys he is inheriting from me and his mum (including my collection of Cthulhu plushies). Still got a couple of shelves to put stuff on, but then he has many years of toys to be bought for him and I am sure the shelves will be filled within months.

More work has been done on my D&D modules. I am working on 4 seperate chapters all of which I am sure the party will do, but just not sure what order they will do them in so getting them all done. Russell is trying to clear his schedule so he can play more, but he wants to switch to a spell caster. Personally, I think that is a terrible idea. He will be underpowered compared to the other casters in the group, leaving him feeling a bit left out and I'll have to increase the number of creatures the party will face in encounters which will overwhelm the only fighter in the group. Oh well, I cannot force them (ok, well I could, but I am not going to) to play what the party needs. Maybe we need some people in the group to die and bring in new characters. For me, the best balance for a group is two melee, one damage caster, one cleric and a rogue. Currently they have one melee, a rogue who took feats for melee but wants to be missile, a wizard and a half wizard half cleric. Adding another wizard or sorcerer may make the group balance untenable unless I make the creatures they fight incredibly stupid.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #980 on: February 10, 2019, 11:23:32 AM »

Still chilly outside, but otherwise a nice day. Went a walk to the local shop and bumped into a couple of our neighbours out with their dogs. Ash was in fits of giggles with the dogs. I explained that he is currently fascinated with Paw Patrol and the dogs in that. Still working through my B/W movies. Done the laundry and washed the man cave carpet again today, cleaned the dishes and figure I can have some chill out time now.

That's pretty much how I get housework done. I get some work done and then reward myself with me time.

Got some more painting done, basic camo on a Tiger tank. Going to finish off my Desert Rats next and get them on bases. Think I'll do them as a anti-tank rifle team, a mortar team and just add one guy to one of my squads with the one I've left over. Then onto my para's whom I still have to decide what I am going to make. Either Red Devils or Poles.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #981 on: February 12, 2019, 04:48:37 AM »

So six years ago today I married the most wonderful woman I have ever met.

She must be, after all, she puts up with me.

Every day with her has been a blessing. We have had many joys together and a few heartaches, but we have faced the tough times together and it has made us stronger. Got her some flowers and chocolates. Later today we'll be going out for a meal together and in a couple of weeks, we'll be celebrating by going to see Tragedy playing in Glasgow.

Bumped into Bally yesterday. Hadn't really heard from him since his wife went into the hospital. She'd to be transferred to a larger hospital at Aberdeen rather than the local one. The guy looked shell shocked. They almost lost the baby, but luckily everything worked out in the end and they now have a baby girl called Erin. In the past year that is four kids born to guys in our office and we do not have a lot of people in there (started with Ash, then Cliffy's wife had Lucy, Swimboy also had a girl whose name escapes me at this second. Swimbaby maybe? and now Bally). There have been a few other babies born throughout our building in that time (although luckily none in the building), all of which have been girls.

Guess there are going to be a lot of girls in his class when Ash starts school. He already likes to flirt with women, smiling at them at batting his eyelashes. Kristi took him shopping yesterday with Karen. Always takes them twice as long when he is with them due to all the old dears wanting to coo over him.

I think I've put a stop to them saying "Oh I could just eat you up!"

Seriously, get back to your gingerbread house you old hag!

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #982 on: February 12, 2019, 06:18:17 AM »

So six years ago today I married the most wonderful woman I have ever met.

She must be, after all, she puts up with me.

Every day with her has been a blessing. We have had many joys together and a few heartaches, but we have faced the tough times together and it has made us stronger. Got her some flowers and chocolates. Later today we'll be going out for a meal together and in a couple of weeks, we'll be celebrating by going to see Tragedy playing in Glasgow.

You guys are lucky to have each other: I'm 51 and lonely.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #983 on: February 12, 2019, 06:33:30 AM »

Trevor I am sure if you decided you wanted to meet someone you could meet the perfect man or woman for you. Until then, remember we are your extended family and are sending you hugs.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #984 on: February 12, 2019, 08:46:52 AM »

Trevor I am sure if you decided you wanted to meet someone you could meet the perfect man or woman for you. Until then, remember we are your extended family and are sending you hugs.

Aww....

I got badly hurt in a relationship I had with an older lady in 2004: the harshness of that breakup told me that I should close myself off emotionally and physically with anything to do with relationships and love, so I've been celibate since then and have not looked for anyone else to fill the void.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #985 on: February 12, 2019, 09:43:52 AM »

Aww....

I got badly hurt in a relationship I had with an older lady in 2004: the harshness of that breakup told me that I should close myself off emotionally and physically with anything to do with relationships and love, so I've been celibate since then and have not looked for anyone else to fill the void.

Hopefully one day soon you will feel ready to share your life with someone else and have a wonderful time.

316zombie
« Reply #986 on: February 12, 2019, 04:24:36 PM »

happy anniversary, my dear friends! and please congratulate bally for me!
  trev, i'm with alex on his. i think you're a wonderful man, and if i was single, i'd want to date you. you're cute, and cuddly, and smart, and FUNNY! i hope you can find your soulmate, you deserve it. but like he said, in the meantime, you have US, always.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #987 on: February 12, 2019, 07:36:50 PM »

So got into work tonight and was immediately asked by the boss on the other shift if my leave starting next weekend was just a local one or if I was traveling for it.

Right off that got my suspicions up. You don't get asked that kind of questions out of interest. I am going down to Glasgow for a concert on the Sunday and then my mums birthday on the Monday. Be slightly irked to say the least if my leave gets cancelled. Especially given that I submitted it in October so if there was a problem they've had plenty of time to let me know before I had paid for transport and tickets.

Will be interesting to see how angry I get in work tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:20:47 AM by Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #988 on: February 13, 2019, 04:35:39 AM »

Was lying in bed wide awake this morning, so decided to get up and start my day. Thought I'd enjoy an hour or so to myself, but I got about 5 minutes before Ash woke up, so he is on my lap just now. I'll give him breakfast and if he takes a nap might even go snuggle up with Kristi some more.

He shows no sign of slowing though.

Still working my way through a whole bunch of old movies. Wide variety from classics to corny.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #989 on: February 13, 2019, 05:44:25 AM »

Still working my way through a whole bunch of old movies. Wide variety from classics to corny.

Here's a South African classic film for you: Wild Season (1967)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQK_jmWObd8

Produced and photographed by two of my career mentors, Jans Rautenbach and Vincent G Cox ASC.  Smile

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.