Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:25:49 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 313102 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1065 on: March 24, 2019, 10:55:16 PM »

Yeah, about guitars and rifles...

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
316zombie
« Reply #1066 on: March 25, 2019, 01:08:32 AM »

So Ash decided to wake up about half five this morning. Kristi has a cold so I got up with him, changed his nappy, gave him some breakfast. All the basic stuff parents do. Finally got around to watching The VVitch. Thought it was worth the time spent watching it. Seems to be a number of decent actual horror films (rather than ones that just splash gore around the screen). I'd put this one along with ones like Let Me Out, Hereditary and so on. I hope they keep making ones like that.

Watching a TV show now called Freakish. Don't think Kristi would enjoy it so I'll make the most of it while she sleeps. Weather looks nice outside. Might pull some clothes and go cut the grass. Not sure if I can handle the excitement though.

Plus it would mean putting on y'know proper clothes and stuff. And it is all very dependent on either Ash taking a nap or Kristi waking up.

Hmm, Soylent Green was set in 2022. I look forward to finding out what it tastes like in three years. Still on the lookout for the flying cars and androids from Blade Runner. The should be appearing very shortly lol.

Well, that is the grass made shorter. Good job I did it first thing as the weather took a turn for the worse. Ash is still refusing to go for a nap. Got tonights game ready, well as long as the party does exactly what I expect them to do. Should they wander off, then I'll be improvising a lot.

do people still write their own D&D campaigns with their own rules anymore? we did that when i was in high school 40 years ago... you could too, and likely sell yours.  Cheers

Yup, people still write their own adventures. I have ran two published adventures mixed ('The Oldenhaller Contract' from the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay first edition rules & 'Irilian' which was from some very old editions of 'White Dwarf' although both were modified to various degrees)in with my stuff, but the rest of it is all my own. I have been writing the parties adventures up as a story just for the fun of it although it is slow going.

we wrote new rules for every campaign for about 3 years... needless to say there were some DRAMATIC fights with people who were trying to play by a previous campaign's rules, lol! i'll have to look, i may still have my old binder with my campaigns, curtis refuses to part with anything that looks like a notebook or photo album. he still has all the songs i wrote on napkins for pete's sake!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1067 on: March 25, 2019, 01:24:01 AM »

I think this is the longest single campaign I've ever played in. We have company coming over from the states next week, and then Kristi will be running a one-shot the week the week after so we'll be having a short break and I get time to write up more stuff in advance.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #1068 on: March 25, 2019, 02:10:05 PM »

very cool. did kristi write hers? she has a way with words too.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1069 on: March 25, 2019, 03:27:31 PM »

She is writing it at the moment.

Maybe you should ask her for an invite and join in her game.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1070 on: March 26, 2019, 06:52:10 AM »

When I was reading your post, a banner ad for this

Possibly NSFW:

popped up and I clicked on it, only to find out that it was an X rated movie and I'm now expecting a call from IT.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1071 on: March 26, 2019, 08:28:41 AM »

Tell your IT people that they need to install pop up blockers. Its not your fault Trevor if they haven't done their job right and haven't protected you from things like that. Twirling
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:08:44 AM by Alex » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1072 on: March 26, 2019, 08:43:14 AM »

Tell your IT people that they need to install pop up blockers. Its not your fault Trevor if they haven't done their job right and haven't protected you from things like that. Twirling

TeddyR TeddyR

I can't stop looking at the pic and it costs ZAR378: that's almost 40 pounds and I think I should buy it.

*Trevor slaps self* I don''t have a BluRay player.  Wink

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1073 on: March 26, 2019, 12:20:44 PM »

We should have a BMDO challenge. First person to find this movie online for Trevor to watch free wins!

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1074 on: March 26, 2019, 12:46:19 PM »

Yeah, about guitars and rifles...

This is a neat GWAR outfit.
But in a serious note that is a cool picture.

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1075 on: March 27, 2019, 02:38:03 AM »

Halfway through the week. Got a couple of Kristi's friends coming over to visit. They've been before. Last time they were here I had the most painful conversation based around vegetables that I have ever found myself having to engage in. We were in a pub ordering food. I was asked several times how large the portion of vegetables was with each dish. That I hadn't eaten the dishes I was being asked about made no difference. I spent half an hour being asked about the same meals ones over and over again. After about four minutes I'd run out of different ways to explain that it wasn't stuff I'd normally eat, I had never worked in this place and I had no idea how large the side dish was. All I could say was that the other meals I'd had in that place had a decent sized side so I'd assume the other ones were similar.

Hmm, new cars from 2022 are going to be fitted with a limiter preventing them from going over the speed limit. Seems sensible, at least until someone hacks the system. White extremists are accessing Muslim extremist websites to learn terrorism techniques... hmm, well in a way I guess that makes sense too, although not one I like. Are these Jihadist websites going to have to start requiring proof of ID? NASA wants to return to the moon within 5 years. I guess China getting in on the space race is giving them a kick in the arse there? And finally in todays news, Brexit is staggering to another shambles today, one that has the potential to provide a clear path forward but doubtless won't.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:59:03 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #1076 on: March 27, 2019, 03:38:38 PM »

this small chef recommends answering that question in a very deadpan voice saying"4 to 8 ounces, i'm sure", it shuts people up fast.
  as for joining kristi's campaign, from what i remember it was always at least 6 hours at a pop for a game, is it different online? and it depends on hose time zone is relevent too...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1077 on: March 28, 2019, 01:04:29 AM »

We normally play from 17:00 to 21:00 GMT on Sundays.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1078 on: March 28, 2019, 05:03:08 AM »

We should have a BMDO challenge. First person to find this movie online for Trevor to watch free wins!

TeddyR TeddyR

I just saw the trailer on Youtube: now my eyes need some bleach  Buggedout Buggedout

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1079 on: March 28, 2019, 05:36:03 AM »

Kristi's friends arrived last night ok (it is her best friend and her mum). Despite Darlene's obsession with vegetables she is actually a very sweet woman. Poor woman looked exhausted last night. We are all chatting away and I think she just wanted to sleep. Hopefully she had a good nights rest. I've not taken time off work to spend with them this time, mostly because I want to save my leave for a month long family holiday later in the year and the past couple of years I've frittered away my leave spending time with visitors, then had no time left for us to do things. Besides, I'll have the weekend with them. Kristi booked a tour of Johnstons Woollen Mill on Friday (for some reason women love that place). Saturday we are planning on heading into Inverness, although Ash has been exhausting Kristi this week, so if she needs some girl time I have said I'll stay at home with the baby.

Darlene asked how my brothers were doing. I mentioned about my older brother working out in Saudi (via various subcontractors), for the past few years fixing fast jets. She looked shocked and said "Doesn't he know its a warzone out there?"
Well, since he has been out there for a few years I like to think he'd have noticed something like that. After all, it isn't his first time down there for a war either (Gulf War Mk1). The Saudi's might be bombing the crap out of Yeman, but that doesn't really make Saudi itself a warzone. Anyway, I just said "Yeah, that is why he is out there."

Speaking of warzones, I wonder how the Ukraine one is going these days. Seems to have disappeared off the news.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.