Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:01:46 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 319566 times)
316zombie
« Reply #1320 on: July 18, 2019, 02:27:48 AM »

in response to your first paragraph...no. yes. yes. work. no one.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1321 on: July 18, 2019, 03:41:31 PM »

Got Ash's appointment to get his thumb looked at. It is the morning I finish a week on guard duty, so I'll need to go straight from a 12 hour shift up to Aberdeen with him.

Tomorrow morning I'll be up early to head up to Aberdeen airport to meet Pernille and her kid, Phillip.

I see Budweiser is starting to start an intergalactic war. They are offering free beer to any aliens who escape Area 51.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/18/us/area-51-bud-light-trnd/index.html?fbclid=IwAR3caA6WRlw9scwUQKOyEglLlghUQskzrgCCfmeygkWYtimDUjAxHCKXo_s

If I was an alien and you handed me a bud light, I am pretty sure I'd take that as a decleration of war.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1322 on: September 12, 2019, 11:54:56 AM »

Been away for a whole, mostly because I needed a break, but partly also because three of the five computers I have in the house stopped working for various reasons. Going to pick up a new laptop next month. I am operating on my emergency laptop at the moment, which is a good computer for when I am traveling but I dislike using it for extended periods for various reasons. I am not exactly back here, but I am not gone either.

Just hanging around in Purgatory I guess.

Ash had his visit to the hospital. The problem with his hand is a bit more complicated than we had hoped and not such an easy fix, but it does seem to be fixable so that is at least good news. I got a huge new desk for the man cave which necessitated remodeling the whole room, but I now have my stereo and laptop on it with enough room to store all my paints and have room to work on the figures I am currently painting (currently models from the 1920's or so for reasons I may (or may not) touch on later.

Going to see Ozzy on his final tour, the tickets have been purchased and time off work has been booked. Mind you, I also went to see him on his final tour back in '92 or thereabouts. Damn fine gig it was too, well except for the support band who were just boring. I fell asleep during their act (the band was called D.A.D. which stood for Disneyland After Dark). Got Gary Numan coming up later this month too, which I am looking forward too. Never seen him before although I've been a fan since I was a child. As much as I like the older stuff, it is his newer music I am more looking forward to hearing live.

Debating picking up a few beers for tonight or not. Oh yeah, I got my beer fridge out of retirement and it is now sitting once more in my man cave, beneath the enormo-desk and beside my vinyl albums. Still putting some of the room back together, but I am liking the man cave even more than I did before.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1323 on: September 12, 2019, 12:01:20 PM »

Glad to see you're back.  Sorry for your kid's prpblems. Hope he'll be ok.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1324 on: September 12, 2019, 12:10:56 PM »

Debating picking up a few beers for tonight or not.

Cheers

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1325 on: September 12, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »

So hot here that this teetotaler might join you for a cold beer  Drink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1326 on: September 12, 2019, 04:48:17 PM »

So one of the things I was doing while I've been away was sorting out my DVD cases. Really wishing they came in the same size boxes as CD's and then this lot would take up a lot less room. This is around 95% of the DVD's I own.

As to beers tonight, well...

That is me working on number three.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1327 on: September 12, 2019, 07:28:59 PM »

Alex if you  get about 6 more DVDs you collection will be so massive it will undergo gravitational collapse and become a singularity that   couild eventually swallow earth.  Might be time to look into going digital.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1328 on: September 12, 2019, 10:07:17 PM »

Nice to see you back, Alex

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1329 on: September 14, 2019, 04:40:48 PM »

Picked up some new DVD's yesterday. Every remaining episode of Dad's Army, which Kristi has never seen, Ruthless People, Sparticus. Couple of others whose names I disremember.

Been working on a special roleplaying scenario for Samhain. Doing a lot more work than I normally do for a scenario, engaged the services of a local artist to draw a period map of the village (circa 1913) and portraits of the player's characters. I've been painting up models for the session. Discovered I have a small army of nun figures, but not a single priest so I am improvising there a little. This isn't something I would normally do, but I've written the adventure so that if the party does everything you would expect them to do, then they will fail and bad things happen.

Very bad things indeed.

Anyway, I've set it in the middle of rural Wales and since it is a one-shot (adventure designed to be completed in a single session), created some pre-generated characters, each of whom has a reason to be there. We have a priest, a nun, a banker and an antiques dealer who meet in a train station and can be joined by an aristocrat and a serving girl later.

Sitting down to watch Millenium. Got the first three seasons, but never seen them before.

Funny how some people are so desperate for attention that they thrive on any they can get, even negative attention.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1330 on: September 15, 2019, 12:28:16 PM »

So I joined a roleplaying group at the local wargaming club playing 5th edition D&D. Not my ideal version to play, I find character development too limited and the lack of prestige classes doesn't help this. The group is also only playing once a month, but hey it is face to face gaming and that is a start.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1331 on: September 15, 2019, 12:48:43 PM »

Picked up some new DVD's yesterday. Every remaining episode of Dad's Army, which Kristi has never seen, Ruthless People, Sparticus.

Those titles: I never knew those were Dad's Army episodes  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1332 on: September 15, 2019, 12:59:02 PM »

So I joined a roleplaying group at the local wargaming club playing 5th edition D&D. Not my ideal version to play, I find character development too limited and the lack of prestige classes doesn't help this. The group is also only playing once a month, but hey it is face to face gaming and that is a start.

Is there much interest around you in the OSR movement, which plays only the first edition?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1333 on: September 15, 2019, 02:09:43 PM »

There could be, I don't know anyone playing 1st though. Mostly its 5th.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1334 on: September 16, 2019, 06:10:42 PM »

Picked up some new DVD's yesterday. Every remaining episode of Dad's Army, which Kristi has never seen, Ruthless People, Sparticus. Couple of others whose names I disremember.

I'm telling you keep getting dvd's and your collection is going to collapse into a gravitational black  hole  andmsicu you out of this universe.

Useless thastcs why you're going for .

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.