Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:23:48 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most criminally underrated movie? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Most criminally underrated movie?  (Read 9514 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 03:20:42 AM »

Iron sky.  Good God that movie was hilarious!

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2018, 04:59:29 AM »

Iron sky.  Good God that movie was hilarious!

I seem to remember seeing previews for a follow up, but right now I can't remember if I actually got around to seeing it or not.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2018, 07:44:40 PM »

I argue the case time and again (and im saving it as a topic to cover over on my youtube channel for some kind of big celebration because Holy hell I could talk your ear off about this one) But Halloween 3: Season of the Witch is criminally underrated to the point that I've given up arguing its case with everyone who says its crap. I think most people just look at the title, go: "Oh Michael Myers isnt in this one and there arnt many stabbings" and then label it crap and tune out. I think its arguably one of Carpenters finest works. genuinely. and I'd go as far to say it far outshines the original Halloween to me. it's one of my favourite films ever made.

I am also a fan of Halloween III, and I feel like it's kind of being rediscovered lately and finding more of an audience.  I have at least seen more positive reviews out there online.

HALLOWEEN III was better than II !
 I just wish they did the rest of the Halloween movies as independent stories-instead of Micheal Myers all the time.

Oh I completely agree! to think! we could have had half a dozen films as good as halloween 3 if not better! instead; we get a dissapointing trilogy of films that slowly decline into the swamp. One good(ish) film that ignores the 3 films that preceeded it and one film with Busta Rhymes...which im pretty sure is a cardinal sin against cinema and is a punishable crime in certain states...I dont hate Zombies remakes as much as some people do...but eesh....Im really holding out that Halloween (2018) will be good...I really hope it is...

EDIT: Dont know how but I accidentally typed my response within the quote box ^_^; xD
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 06:57:27 AM by TYTD Review » Logged

Fox Sake
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 05:30:09 AM »

I am not much of a zombie fan, even though I have seen most of Romero's earlier "Dead" films. And I must say I preferred "Day of the Dead" out of "Night" and "Dawn", even though most fans would probably opt for "Dawn"

I liked "Day" because it felt a little more contemporary (unlike the rater dated 70s look of Dawn); and I liked a couple of the lead characters - not least Lori Cardille's Dr. Sarah Bowman's character - she was quite spunky and strong-willed - a sort of cross between a Ripley and a Sarah Connor,  I guess.
voltron

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 09:28:25 AM »

The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane
The Final Terror.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2018, 01:35:08 PM »

2004's THE ALAMO.  The best and most historically accurate Alamo movie ever made, but it flopped at the box office and was panned by critics.

I have seen it and enjoyed it. Though, that is the problem with making a film no one wants to see. It fails at the box office, both here and in Mexico.

It might have done better or maybe not, if the violence had been more violent. Originally, the violence was suppose to push the film into a R-rating, but later it was toned down to get the rating it did.

The failure might also have been due to the fact, that, as far as I know, it is one of the few films or the only film to show Davy Crockett being captured alive, then executed. 182 years after the battle, historians still go around and around as to whether Crockett was killed before or after he surrendered.

And while most critics panned it, Roger Ebert liked it, giving it a 3 star rating, which is not great, but good, better than average.
chuckwoodjohn
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2018, 08:22:26 PM »

People are claiming that shin godzilla is a ripoff of "the host" 2006. I looked up the description of that movie and I sure don't see any similarity to the host in shin godzilla.

If you watch it, you'll understand
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2018, 09:08:12 AM »

Roger Corman's "The Intruder". It stars a very young William Shatner who.. believe it or not, acts rather well in this film about racial division in Rural America (lower 48 that is) in the early 1960s)  The one and only time Corman made a great film and got panned.  Plus, this was before Star Trek which shows that Shatner could be more than just "Captain Kirk"   
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most criminally underrated movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.