Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:19:51 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  CARTOONS!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CARTOONS!!!  (Read 4628 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: January 27, 2018, 08:03:18 PM »

We got threads for music and movies andcomics-but not cartoons!
Cartoons are the best!

Back in the 60's I was a little kid and I watched Captain America! BOP! THWACK!
I think more than the show itself I like the song! It was only bested by the Spiderman song.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 11:49:50 PM »

GIGANTOR

Small | Large

Here's a whole episode!  My favorite when I was very young. 

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 11:52:58 PM »

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 06:36:27 PM »

Ah, cartoons.. let's get into the 70s-- although one I watched like crazy that started just before I was born:
THE BUGS BUNNY ROAD RUNNER SHOW
Can't go wrong with the classics-- it was originally called BUGS BUNNY ROAD RUNNER HOUR in the late 60s and they changed their name in the 70s, but this was still a fantastic cartoon compilation with a grand presentation.

I remembered the show would close out before the credits with Yosemite Sam trying to vault a wall and crashing right into it.
More cartoons airing in the 70s I used to watch:
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF BATMAN
Adam West and Burt Ward reprised their roles from the 60s show.  The stupid Bat-Mite was brought on board, as was Batgirl (with the sexy voice of Melendy Britt), and Lou Scheimer himself (producer) provided a number of voices.  Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Clayface, and also original villians were on the show!  My sisters and I watched this.  Lenny Weinrib was a great voice actor (Time For Timer!) and did a lot of voices for the show.

TARZAN
For the most part a really good Filmation show.  The great Bob Ridgely (also Flash Gordon, another great 70s cartoon) starred as the titular wild man.  Tarzan would also be part of a block of other superhero shows featuring the Super 7 (Tarzan, Batman, Freedom Force, Jason Of Star Command, Manta & Moray, Superstretch and Micro Woman, Web Woman).
"This is my domain and I protect those who come here.  For I am.. Tarzan!  Lord of the Jungle!  AHHHAHHHHAHHHAAHHH!!! (jungle yell)"

Late 70s brought THE PLASTICMAN COMEDY ADVENTURE SHOW.
The DC superhero that only made one brief cameo in Superfriends had his own series here.  There were other shows in the block like WONDER WHEELS, RICKETY ROCKET, BABY PLAS, MIGHTY MAN AND YUKK (a favorite of my sister and I), and FANGFACE AND FANGPUSS.

My sis and I also liked CLUE CLUB, a blatant Scooby Doo ripoff but with not only TWO dogs but actual supernatural villains sometimes.

And I liked YOGI'S GANG, an all-star Hanna Barbera cartoon with Yogi, Huck, Boo-Boo, Snagglepuss, and a billion other HB characters flying some sort of airship and promoting eco-friendliness.  Great cartoon, phenomenal voice actors.

Another great HB all-star show: LAFF-A-LYMPICS!
All the HB classic characters on three teams participating in the Olympics: the YOGI YAHOOEYS, the SCOOBY DOOBIES and the REALLY ROTTENS.

And I also liked DYNOMUTT, JABBERJAW and HONG KONG PHOOEY.  We got the HONG KONG PHOOEY theme at the karaoke bar-- I love singing it in Scatman Crothers style!

Also watched reruns of THE ARCHIES (what great songs!), SUPERFRIENDS, THE SCOOBY DOO MYSTERIES and THE NEW SCOOBY DOO SHOW.
Great memories; thanks for the thread RC!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 02:07:42 PM »

I like this one with all the old movie stars-plus the Frankenstein Monster and the 3 Stooges!

Small | Large

These are the ones I can recognize-Claudette Colbert, Cary Grant,Garbo, Edward G. Robinson, Johnny Weismuller, SallyRand, Cagney,Bogie and George Raft, Harpo, Gable, Bing, Jimmy Stewart, Karloff as the Monster, 3 Stooges, Ollie, Ceasar Romero,Mickey and Judy,Lewis Stone, Kay Kyser, Willaim Powell,Spencer Tracy, Wallace Beery, Lorre,Fonda, Edgar J. Hoover,Karloff, Arthur Treacher, Buster Keaton and Misha Auer,and Groucho.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:33:07 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 03:20:58 PM »

Rocky and Bullwinkle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65t-OzhlmvE
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 08:21:40 PM »

! No longer available Small | Large

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 03:14:00 PM »

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Fox Sake
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 08:04:58 AM »

The only cartoons that I really find funny are the old school stuff from Warner Bros. Namely anything to do with Daffy Duck or Wile E Coyote.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 10:42:53 AM »

Ah, cartoons.. let's get into the 70s-- although one I watched like crazy that started just before I was born:
THE BUGS BUNNY ROAD RUNNER SHOW
Can't go wrong with the classics-- it was originally called BUGS BUNNY ROAD RUNNER HOUR in the late 60s and they changed their name in the 70s, but this was still a fantastic cartoon compilation with a grand presentation.

I remembered the show would close out before the credits with Yosemite Sam trying to vault a wall and crashing right into it.
More cartoons airing in the 70s I used to watch:
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF BATMAN
Adam West and Burt Ward reprised their roles from the 60s show.  The stupid Bat-Mite was brought on board, as was Batgirl (with the sexy voice of Melendy Britt), and Lou Scheimer himself (producer) provided a number of voices.  Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Clayface, and also original villians were on the show!  My sisters and I watched this.  Lenny Weinrib was a great voice actor (Time For Timer!) and did a lot of voices for the show.

TARZAN
For the most part a really good Filmation show.  The great Bob Ridgely (also Flash Gordon, another great 70s cartoon) starred as the titular wild man.  Tarzan would also be part of a block of other superhero shows featuring the Super 7 (Tarzan, Batman, Freedom Force, Jason Of Star Command, Manta & Moray, Superstretch and Micro Woman, Web Woman).
"This is my domain and I protect those who come here.  For I am.. Tarzan!  Lord of the Jungle!  AHHHAHHHHAHHHAAHHH!!! (jungle yell)"

Late 70s brought THE PLASTICMAN COMEDY ADVENTURE SHOW.
The DC superhero that only made one brief cameo in Superfriends had his own series here.  There were other shows in the block like WONDER WHEELS, RICKETY ROCKET, BABY PLAS, MIGHTY MAN AND YUKK (a favorite of my sister and I), and FANGFACE AND FANGPUSS.

My sis and I also liked CLUE CLUB, a blatant Scooby Doo ripoff but with not only TWO dogs but actual supernatural villains sometimes.

And I liked YOGI'S GANG, an all-star Hanna Barbera cartoon with Yogi, Huck, Boo-Boo, Snagglepuss, and a billion other HB characters flying some sort of airship and promoting eco-friendliness.  Great cartoon, phenomenal voice actors.

Another great HB all-star show: LAFF-A-LYMPICS!
All the HB classic characters on three teams participating in the Olympics: the YOGI YAHOOEYS, the SCOOBY DOOBIES and the REALLY ROTTENS.

And I also liked DYNOMUTT, JABBERJAW and HONG KONG PHOOEY.  We got the HONG KONG PHOOEY theme at the karaoke bar-- I love singing it in Scatman Crothers style!

Also watched reruns of THE ARCHIES (what great songs!), SUPERFRIENDS, THE SCOOBY DOO MYSTERIES and THE NEW SCOOBY DOO SHOW.
Great memories; thanks for the thread RC!

When I was around six my aunt was moving after her divorce, and she had this big box of 1970s Betamax tapes (not even VHS, that's how old these were) and was going to throw them out and I asked what they were, and she said, "Just some old Saturday morning cartoons I recorded for Dee when she was little. Want them?"

I said sure, so she even gave me the old Sony Betamax VCR console itself, a wood-paneled artifact the size of a small suitcase. When I pushed a button the top came straight up and the tape (smaller than a VHS type) slid in up there instead of loading on the front. I had a weird fear of getting my fingers caught by it.

My dad hooked that up to the TV for me (we only had one TV) and the tapes were so old by then, this was the mid-eighties, they flickered and creaked, but the thing is, most of these shows you just mentioned, Laff-A-Lympics, Jabberjaws, were on there, recorded, I would guess circa 1977, complete with interesting (to me retro) commercials featuring people with feathered hair and big collars on their pastel-hued leisure suits, even one for Bruce Jenner doing a cereal ad. I watched those shows like crazy an entire summer, feeling like some sort of TV archaeologist, since when you're that age a decade can seem like a century.

Boy seeing this takes me back.

Nice post, and good topic!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 03:19:08 PM »

Another one a lot of folks remember fondly:
WACKY RACES (1968), also remade a year ago.
It didn't have many episodes but aired in reruns for a long time.  I was a bit too young to catch the original series.  Tons of goofy cartoon characters take to the road and participate in a series of races-- this was based on the old movie THE GREAT RACE-- and try to get the advantage by any means possible, with Dick Dastardly gladly taking out other cars to do so.  Dick and his dog Muttley were easily the stars of the show (voiced by greats Paul Winchell and Don Messick).

This spawned a couple spinoffs: THE PERILS OF PENELOPE PITSTOP and DASTARDLY AND MUTTLEY IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES.  Dick and Muttley would make appearances in other shows later on down the line.  Interesting tidbit:  Game show producers Merrill Heatter and Bob Quigley (High Rollers, Hollywood Squares, Gambit, etc.) were originally intending to make this a game show where contestants tried to guess which car would finish first!  Glad that was scrapped, but Heatter/Quigley retained some degree of the rights, enough so that the characters couldn't appear in Laff-A-Lympics (hence the creation of "Mumbley" instead of Muttley, and no Dick Dastardly for the Really Rottens team).  Dick and Muttley would be back for YOGI'S TREASURE HUNT.

A couple other older shows I watched a lot in reruns:

THE HERCULOIDS
Weird 60s show with a prehistoric-like family on a distant planet with weird monsters as their friends, fighting enemies.

LIPPY THE LION AND HARDY HAR HAR
Early 60s segment of WALLY GATOR's cartoon block.  Ran a lot in reruns on our local syndicate.  A con artist lion with an almost WC Fields voice and his gloomy hyena friend get into various mishaps.  Loved the opening: "Here comes Lippy and Hardy!"

And for those of us who weren't around to watch other original cartoons, but could watch cable, THANK GOD for the USA Cartoon Express!  A mix of newer and older toons were shown.  Also animated scenes before/after the toons showed the characters interacting with each other on the train!  Very cool!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »

My favourite from when I was about 3 years old

Battle Of The Planets (Or Science Ninja Gatuman).

Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels.

Count Duckula

Dr Zitbags Transylvanian Pet Shop.

The Dreamstone.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 10:34:11 PM »

I mean, I grew up in the 90s and most Saturday morning toons were kinda done with, although I saw repeats on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, etc.

But, I have a fondness for these:
X-Men
Small | Large

Spider-Man.  This cartoon was fantastic.  Great storytelling.
Small | Large

Pinky & The Brain
Small | Large

DuckTales
Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pacman000
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 05:05:10 PM »

Here's the CREEPY CARTOONS topic from a few years ago: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,136191.0.html