Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:57:42 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The cats I'm (no longer) feeding... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The cats I'm (no longer) feeding...  (Read 10250 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 02, 2018, 12:13:11 AM »

So, unknown to the person I live with, I've been feeding some stray cats in our neighborhood for awhile.  I know they wouldn't approve because they think that if you feed cats they'll keep coming back and become a nuisance, but I dunno, I just can't stop myself.  Way back when I had a job, I bought a bulk deal on cat food and have been giving them one can a night or so when I could.  Well, I've finally ran out, so tonight I looked around for something else and found a loaf of french bread.  I took it outside, not knowing if they'd like it or not.

I began breaking off pieces of the bread and they actually starting eating it.  Now, normally, there's only two cats, but tonight FIVE cats showed, up, three I'd never seen before. I don't know, I guess it was a combination of all the stress I've been under, and the fact that even though I've been feeding the original two cats for nearly a year, they STILL won't let come near them, so I got kind of angry.  And I realized that no matter how many cats I break bread wit I'll break who you sending me.  These motherf**kers never wanted nothing but their lives saved, that's for the light day.  I'm getting down, down like a man said,  "Freeze!" But won't be the one ending up on his knees, please.  If the only thing you cats did is came out to play stay out my way.  Ain't never gave nothing to me but every time I turn around cats got they hands out wanting something from me. I ain't got it so you can't get it Let's leave it at that 'cause I ain't wit it.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 09:55:35 AM »

It is understandable that you might feel frustrated or angry that cats you've been kind to still run away from you.  My beloved sister-in-law had armies of cats coming to her house because she was feeding them.  My other sister-in-law feeds at least three strays every day.  These acts of kindness I admire.  
However, if you were a hungry cat on the street, I know you would take advantage of the kindness of a person feeding you.  
Eating bread?  Poor little hungry things.
Their stray cat behavior is normal.  They have short difficult lives, struggling merely to survive.  Can you imagine how cold it is at night?  Can you imagine how easily a person might be cruel just to be cruel?

You do not need to be rewarded for kindness.  The act itself is the reward.  

I regret any unkind action of my life.  I think of dogs and cats I've had or known, and my great sorrow is only when I think about any time I was not kind, impatient, even mean.  You will not regret being kind, years from now, looking back and remembering. You will be glad.  
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 01:04:23 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 11:09:10 AM »

Dude,  you feed stray animals because it's the right thing to do,  not for a 'reward'.  Avoindibg human contact may be why these strays are alive.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 11:26:21 AM »

Boy, you guys.
It's bulls**t.
Lyrics from a DMX song.  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 12:18:09 PM »

Boy, you guys.
It's bulls**t.
My friend, I love you.  However, there is no reason for this mean response.  You could just stay out of the thread.  Do I have long memory?  I remember Tara Sue had a cat that ran away... from you.  Put a cork in it. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 12:30:30 PM »

Boy, you guys.
It's bulls**t.
My friend, I love you.  However, there is no reason for this mean response.  You could just stay out of the thread.  Do I have long memory?  I remember Tara Sue had a cat that ran away... from you.  Put a cork in it. 

I dunno- you guys gave such nice responses- and it seemed mean that he didn't bother to tell you it was bulls**t...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 01:03:24 PM »

Boy, you guys.
It's bulls**t.
Lyrics from a DMX song.  Lookingup
My friend, I love you.  However, there is no reason for this mean response.  You could just stay out of the thread.  Do I have long memory?  I remember Tara Sue had a cat that ran away... from you.  Put a cork in it.  

I dunno- you guys gave such nice responses- and it seemed mean that he didn't bother to tell you it was bulls**t...
I'm sorry, and a little weepy.  I've gotten softer as I've grown older.  Anger rarely serves the person who suffers it.  Kindness you will always remember proudly.  
You think BTM was full of BS?   Question  It doesn't change the way I feel about the subject of cats, particularly stray cats.  So close to my heart for personal reasons.  
I wrote:
"I was not kind, impatient, even mean.  You will not regret being kind, years from now, looking back and remembering. You will be glad."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 01:11:11 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 01:18:29 PM »

... I began breaking off pieces of the bread and they actually starting eating it.  Now, normally, there's only two cats, but tonight FIVE cats showed, up, three I'd never seen before. I don't know, I guess it was a combination of all the stress I've been under, and the fact that even though I've been feeding the original two cats for nearly a year, they STILL won't let come near them, so I got kind of angry.  And I realized that no matter how many cats I break bread wit I'll break who you sending me.  These motherf**kers never wanted nothing but their lives saved, that's for the light day.  I'm getting down, down like a man said,  "Freeze!" But won't be the one ending up on his knees, please.  If the only thing you cats did is came out to play stay out my way.  Ain't never gave nothing to me but every time I turn around cats got they hands out wanting something from me. I ain't got it so you can't get it Let's leave it at that 'cause I ain't wit it...

When you broke off the bread, did the cats eat it from your hand?  
They will come looking for you.  Friendship with stray cats may never happen, and then some day they will disappear.  And then long after, maybe come back.  Not often.  Sometimes friendship happens.  They're just like you.  
I loved your story.  Very direct, very clear.   Thumbup  
Towards the end, well, I don't know DMX well.  Not into him.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 01:22:27 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 01:33:09 PM »

I think kindness, even unappreciated, is rarely wasted in life.

Cats have a way of thinking that I don't understand, but I greatly respect them. My cousin Allie, now, she is a cat psychic. She can be someplace (I've seen this many times) and cats will come up to her and start purring so loudly you hear it across a parking lot or room. Semi-feral cats, pet cats, neighborhood cats, her own mass of tiny little cats, they are drawn to her and she loves them all, and that makes me smile and feel a certain peace that something like that exists in one tiny place in this world.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 01:34:23 PM »

Actually-I didn't know it was DMX either. But I knew if was phony because it was all in rhyme in street slang. So I copied and pasted it into google search-walla.

I'm sorry if I offended you.
I wasn't thinking...as usual.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 01:59:38 PM »

The thing about cats are generally they are their own unique creature. I have heard many times that dogs are more intelligent that cats, but I think the cats just aren't interested in doing those kind of tests.

Anyway, I digress.

These are animals whose instincts to avoid man are keeping them alive. I suspect more than one of them would have had someone try to lure them with food only to turn on them. That they trust you enough to take your food acutally is a good sign all by itself.

My advice however would be not to try and touch them. They may have parasites, skin diseases etc from living wild. If they do let you touch them, the slightest thing that causes them to panic can result in them suddenly turning on you, even if you are not the one who caused it. Ever had a cat decide it's going to hurt you? Deep down in the reaches of their DNA, these creatures are little tigers and lions. I've had a three inch gash along my forearm from a feral cat I was trying to free from being stuck in an old house. The cat didn't know I was trying to rescue it or kill it, so it did what comes natural to it.

If you really want them to come over to you, then I suggest taking a seat out to where you feed them and put the food just down beside you. Ignore the cats and let them feed. Over a period of days and weeks get closer to the food and let them get used to your presence. They might even come over to you for attention. Its best to start this with kittens rather than older cats. However, as I said before my advice is if you decide to feed them, then let them eat and take satisfaction from the knowledge that you are making their hard life that little bit easier.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:24:41 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
AoTFan

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 08:30:24 PM »

Ahh I feel terrible now.  I meant the whole post as a joke.  Start with a serious (and believable sounding) story then go into the DMX songs lyrics ( I admit I kind of borrowed the idea from another post I saw about a guy getting a special delivery option that gave him his package in 10 minutes after ordering it), but I was thinking about the lyric "no matter how many cats I break bread with" and that reminded me of a time back when I was in Junior High when my stepbro and I would feed pieces of bread to one of our neighbors cats.  So this popped in my head.  I figured once everyone got to the lyrics they'd realize it was a goof and we'd all have a good laugh.

For the record, no, I'm not feeding any strays don't think off-hand there are any strays nearby.

Svengoolie, AllHallow, DarkAlex very wise and kind words.

Sorry for any confusion/arguments started.   Bluesad
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:58:06 PM by AoTFan » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 10:06:58 PM »

You will not regret being kind, years from now, looking back and remembering. You will be glad.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 12:43:22 PM »

Remember the 12th doctor's last words to his future self:

Well, I suppose….one more lifetime won’t kill anyone. Well, except me.

You wait a moment, Doctor. Let’s get it right. I’ve got a few things to say to you. Basic stuff first.

Never be cruel, never be cowardly. And never ever eat pears! Remember – hate is always foolish…and love, is always wise.

Always try, to be nice and never fail to be kind. Oh, and….and you mustn’t tell anyone your name. No-one would understand it anyway. Except….

Except….children. Children can hear it. Sometimes – if their hearts are in the right place, and the stars are too. Children can hear your name.

But nobody else. Nobody else. Ever.

Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 12:54:14 PM »

Ahh I feel terrible now.  I meant the whole post as a joke.  Start with a serious (and believable sounding) story then go into the DMX songs lyrics ( I admit I kind of borrowed the idea from another post I saw about a guy getting a special delivery option that gave him his package in 10 minutes after ordering it), but I was thinking about the lyric "no matter how many cats I break bread with" and that reminded me of a time back when I was in Junior High when my stepbro and I would feed pieces of bread to one of our neighbors cats.  So this popped in my head.  I figured once everyone got to the lyrics they'd realize it was a goof and we'd all have a good laugh.

For the record, no, I'm not feeding any strays don't think off-hand there are any strays nearby.

Svengoolie, AllHallow, DarkAlex very wise and kind words.

Sorry for any confusion/arguments started.   Bluesad

Lol, don't worry about it. I am just not aware of this DMX person and I think its pretty funny that we all thought it was something real.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The cats I'm (no longer) feeding... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.