Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:21:20 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  SUPER FRIENDS! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SUPER FRIENDS!  (Read 3131 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: January 27, 2018, 07:46:52 PM »

Small | Large

-and they're space monkey Gleep!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 06:50:37 PM »

I was so psyched for that opening with the letters of SUPER FRIENDS going all 3D at you in tune with the music.  Although Marvin and Wonderdog were stupid Wendy was decent on the eyes.  I remember the PSAs they'd have during the show.  Stuff that was actually helpful for kids!  Gleek came along later in the series, I think when they changed the show's name to THE ALL-NEW SUPERFRIENDS HOUR and then CHALLENGE OF THE SUPER FRIENDS.  I remember the Post cereal tie-ins with the show-- you could win a Wonder Woman frisbee or some other crap or you could win a trip to Hollywood or something.  I remember them coming up with new heroes to promote racial sensitivity (Black Vulcan and Apache Chief).

..Their mission: to fight injustice, to right that which is wrong, and to serve all mankind!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:25:14 AM »

It was a bit before my time, but I do remember watching reruns of it.  It wasn't horrible.  Sometimes it did feel a bit bland though.  I liked it better later on when they started adding more heroes to the lineup and Wendy, Marvin, and Wonderdog went away. 
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 10:43:52 AM »

Me and my sister were way into it. Especially when mistelplik was there.

If I ever meet RCmerchant I'm going to try and get him to say his name backwards
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:35:22 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 02:30:35 AM »

Me and my sister were way into it. Especially when mistelplik was there.

If I ever meet RCmerchant I'm going to try and get him to say his name backwards

Hey-I'm short but not THAT short!  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
retrorussell

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 02:57:03 AM »

I liked the initial meeting of the Legion of Doom and Lex's roll call.
! No longer available Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 03:08:53 PM »

I liked Challenge of the Superfirends myself.  Having all the main DC heroes going up against an equally powerful group of villains is always fun to see. I would watch it a lot back when it aired on Cartoon Network many years ago.

That being said, these shows have had one low point that many comic book fans still some what lament.  If you think Aquaman is a lame superhero, its mostly due to these cartoons.  Believe me,  the character in comics is much more complex and powerful.

Still, people love the show.  It even got a nod in the Bruce Tim Justice League Unlimited show.  Focusing on a group of heroes that are direct references to the Superfirend characters that where created for the show.

! No longer available Small | Large

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 09:18:31 PM »

Myself- I never really watched it.

My little brothers did. I was in my teens- I was smoking pot and listening to records.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
retrorussell

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 09:47:05 PM »

Interesting how some superhero shows couldn't get the rights to certain characters.  That generally wasn't the case for the original SF, I don't think, as they generally set the show around just the 4 super heroes and the "junior super heroes".  Guest stars were Plastic Man, The Flash and Green Arrow.  I think The Joker wasn't shown because Filmation had rights to him in their Batman cartoon series (though he appeared in the 80s iteration of SF).

I found it weird that Batman had such a different voice actor in this one (Olan Soule) than Adam West.  Good ol' Casey Kasem did the voice for Robin in all iterations of SF, IIRC.

Later on in the series my sisters and I used to pretend we were the Wonder Twins and we'd make up really dumb, inane things to change into when we activated our "Wonder Twin Powers".  I loved the Family Guy when Peter changes into Jayna's tampon and hides in her purse.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  SUPER FRIENDS! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.