Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:16:42 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Trevor, abuse and the #Metoo movement « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trevor, abuse and the #Metoo movement  (Read 2271 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: February 09, 2018, 06:56:44 AM »

As an abuse survivor and the proud son of a feminist, this whole #metoo movement is becoming tiresome and getting a little out of hand, IMO.

I was abused as a child - horribly - and raped as an adolescent: I spoke up immediately and the people who abused me as a teen were paid back in spades for what they did to me. My biological parents - responsible for my childhood trauma - have never seen me again after regretting what they did and attempting to have my adoption overturned. Mom's reaction to that was to say "If anyone tries to take this child away from me now, I will kill them."

This doctor creep who abused so many young people: seriously, dude? What happened to the oath you took to first do no harm? You should have been given the death penalty!  Hatred Hatred

I applaud the women for standing up and making their voices heard but why wait so long?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 09:15:53 PM »

As an abuse survivor and the proud son of a feminist, this whole #metoo movement is becoming tiresome and getting a little out of hand, IMO.

I was abused as a child - horribly - and raped as an adolescent: I spoke up immediately and the people who abused me as a teen were paid back in spades for what they did to me. My biological parents - responsible for my childhood trauma - have never seen me again after regretting what they did and attempting to have my adoption overturned. Mom's reaction to that was to say "If anyone tries to take this child away from me now, I will kill them."

This doctor creep who abused so many young people: seriously, dude? What happened to the oath you took to first do no harm? You should have been given the death penalty!  Hatred Hatred

I applaud the women for standing up and making their voices heard but why wait so long?

Don't strike em down Trev, support em (the me too people, not abusers of course)! I couldn't even begin to understand the experience and why not come forward sooner but given how many people were allegedly black-listed by ol' Harvs, a history of people not believing them/supporting them/actual rape cases being hard to prosecute traditionally I'm not particularly surprised that many choose to stay quiet. It's telling that once there is a swing towards 'people will actually believe me' that the floodgates opened. Some difficult conversations need to be had, and some are of course going to strike nerves and make people uncomfortable, but the issue is wider than just the extremes of 'rapists' and the awfulness of Harvey and his ilk.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 10:31:02 PM »

There is definitely a "me too" aspect to abuse.  It is easier to come forward if you know you are not alone.  I think females now speaking out make a serious and relevant point, and some men have too.  Also, Trev, I think it might have gone too far, and I suspect some men may have been singled out as abusers because they were simply not liked.  I hope in time the real revelation is that women are people too, deserving of restitution, and capable of vendettas... just like men. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »

If something humiliatingly awful happens to you your inclination is often not to tell about it. I think those who come forward and tell the truth are brave and potentially save others and inspire others. As for someone who would lie, well, that's horrible for many reasons. Trevor, I'll say again what I've said to you in the past: you're a brave person, and a tough one for making it through to be the good man you are. You're loved here and elsewhere, and you're a kind soul.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:18:54 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 09:59:57 AM »

In my life I have had multiple women confess to me that they had been abused/molested/raped by people they knew. My instinct was always that they should come forward to save others. But I couldn't bring myself to push them to after they confided in me. If any of them had been interested in bringing the issue to light I would have supported them, but I wasn't going to make them feel worse about it by making them feel guilty.

Trevor, you are exceptional.  Thumbup

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
316zombie
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 06:05:30 PM »

rev, you may never know how much courage it took for them to tell YOU. i'm glad you didn't push them.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 04:18:05 AM »

Trevor, I'll say again what I've said to you in the past: you're a brave person, and a tough one for making it through to be the good man you are. You're loved here and elsewhere, and you're a kind soul.

Hugs  Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 04:23:45 AM »

Also, Trev, I think it might have gone too far, and I suspect some men may have been singled out as abusers because they were simply not liked. 

Strange that you mention that: in primary school, a young lady tripped and banged her head on something: she told all and sundry that "It was Trevor who tripped me" and I got into serious trouble, until more than a few people in my class went to the Headmaster and told him that I wasn't anywhere near her. Dad threatened to do serious harm to her father - he said I was raised by a feminist and that I would not raise my hand to a woman - and that was the end of that.

Years ater I heard that the person who accused me had a nervous breakdown as a teenager. TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 04:28:08 AM »

Trevor, you are exceptional.  Thumbup

Hugs, Rev  Smile

I make a point of telling the young ones in my life - with their parents' permission and presence - what happened to me and how they should prevent it happening to them. I told my cousin - a truly stunning young lady - what she should do if her mother's brother - a real lecher - continued to make her feel uncomfortable.

The result? Her uncle had one swollen pair of cojones from her foot and a busted jaw from her father  Thumbup BounceGiggle

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Trevor, abuse and the #Metoo movement « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.