Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:24:40 AM
714199 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  PRESIDENTIAL MEMES « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: PRESIDENTIAL MEMES  (Read 11442 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2018, 05:00:47 AM »

Ah, Bad Taste. One of two Peter Jackson films missing from my collection. How I loved that movie as a teenager.

I watched it the other night on this station called Tubi TV! They even had the one with the puppets! I cant remember the name-and I'm to drunk to look it up.  Drink

Meet The Feebles I think. That is the other one that is missing, and indeed I've never even seen that one so far.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2018, 09:07:26 AM »

Ah, Bad Taste. One of two Peter Jackson films missing from my collection. How I loved that movie as a teenager.

I watched it the other night on this station called Tubi TV! They even had the one with the puppets! I cant remember the name-and I'm to drunk to look it up.  Drink

Meet The Feebles I think. That is the other one that is missing, and indeed I've never even seen that one so far.

Thats the one. It's basicly a very un- PC version of the Muppets.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2018, 10:26:17 AM »

How about those stupid Whigs and Federalists?!?
Whats with those people???

Well Federalists can't keep the government up and running. Whigs probably got blown from the wind, or turned to dust.

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2018, 02:59:33 PM »

And, Rev, these political threads CAN be locked, can't they?

Allhallowsday, if this thread offends you so much, why do you still click on it? Lots of others to choose from.

You guys remember the Moral Majority, and how instead of just not clicking on a forum, um, I mean a TV show, or seeing a movie, or reading a book, they'd protest it instead, in effect saying, I don't want to be involved in this, so I don't want you to be able to either? Instead of leaving people alone to express themselves, they'd try to be controlling and ruin other people's fun? People like that bug me. If something offends you, don't participate, and don't belittle other people who are doing something. I guess they thought they were being witty trying to control others that way. I suppose the ghost of Falwell still lives on in 2016.

I think your accusing me of a "grudge" against you is a clear case of projection.  And, despite your PM assertion to the contrary, it's on you.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2018, 04:13:24 PM »

And, Rev, these political threads CAN be locked, can't they?

Allhallowsday, if this thread offends you so much, why do you still click on it? Lots of others to choose from.

You guys remember the Moral Majority, and how instead of just not clicking on a forum, um, I mean a TV show, or seeing a movie, or reading a book, they'd protest it instead, in effect saying, I don't want to be involved in this, so I don't want you to be able to either? Instead of leaving people alone to express themselves, they'd try to be controlling and ruin other people's fun? People like that bug me. If something offends you, don't participate, and don't belittle other people who are doing something. I guess they thought they were being witty trying to control others that way. I suppose the ghost of Falwell still lives on in 2016.

I think your accusing me of a "grudge" against you is a clear case of projection.  And, despite your PM assertion to the contrary, it's on you.

Well gosh, remind me not to get on your bad side.  Wink

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2018, 04:37:53 PM »

Actually I shouldn't joke when you're being serious. I'm sorry for adding to your personal unhappiness by making that post in 2016. Singling you out two years ago in here was wrong of me, especially since it was not long after you lost your best friend and spoke openly of your pain. I wish you'd accepted one of the many sincere apologies I made after my unfair personal attack, especially since I immediately took what I said down but I guess you never will, and two years or two days you're still out to get me, so... I'll just laugh along too at how silly I was to say that so long ago and repeat here that I wish you no ill will, so harbor a grudge if you need to, I'm not angry, I just hope your life is happier this year.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2018, 07:22:43 PM »

Actually I shouldn't joke when you're being serious. I'm sorry for adding to your personal unhappiness by making that post in 2016. Singling you out two years ago in here was wrong of me, especially since it was not long after you lost your best friend and spoke openly of your pain. I wish you'd accepted one of the many sincere apologies I made after my unfair personal attack, especially since I immediately took what I said down but I guess you never will, and two years or two days you're still out to get me, so... I'll just laugh along too at how silly I was to say that so long ago and repeat here that I wish you no ill will, so harbor a grudge if you need to, I'm not angry, I just hope your life is happier this year.
"Personal unhappiness"?  You fool no one who is not your creature.  You went after me in that thread the same way two others went after you in the political memes thread.  Fail to see the corollary?  I'll make it easy for you: YOU HAVE A DOUBLE STANDARD. 

You apparently bear ME a grudge: writing WEIRD characterizations, FULL OF SWIPES at me, AND NOTICE I AM NOT QUOTING YOUR PMs,  THOUGH YOU ACCUSED ME OF THAT, TOO.   

Your private messages to me were what prompted me to go find those old posts.  It wasn't too difficult to find yours, since I was the THIRD member to QUOTE you before you were able to remove it.  If you go through that old thread you might be surprised to see my praise of you, though you are determined to believe some "grudge".  I rarely gave YOU any thought.  Now you've got your way.  I am unhappy... about YOU.  After all, it is all about you.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2018, 10:15:17 PM »

Ohhhhh! Why didn't you say that admission is all it took to repair this? :-) Of course I have a double standard! Duh. If it is good for me, I support it, if it's not, I don't. Is that bad?

In fact when I was seventeen my on-job psych profile showed I ranked near the highest possible level of amorality, so, yep, that's me for sure, able to undertake complex twists of thought in a single bound. A gun lover AND a vegetarian. Someone who hates capital punishment AND animal rights types. I love a guy in Austin, AND the man I married. I am glad my cousin is alive AND I was kinda of hoping she was dead. You name the issue, my standard has two sides. Good call, you are discerning.

So, yes, you are 100% right, I do evince self-serving double standards. Guilty, guilty, and may I mention guilty? Mea maxima culpa.

All right, glad we could settle this, I admit you're right, my apology stands offered, and now we can hopefully hug and fist bump and go back to amity, since it's so much nicer to be pleasant, so.... may we finally bury the hatchet and sing Kumbaya?

PS "Creatures" is so harsh a label. The politically correct term is "minion."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:11:36 PM by ER » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2018, 11:23:53 PM »

Gun lover?  How intewesting.  Have we discussed guns?   Question Wink  

I see we have a similar quality - and shortcoming.  We are honest... or we imagine we are.  

As for your apology (or should it be plural?) I never felt offended by you and have not carried a grudge.  You never owed me an apology.  You did write privately about some disparaging remark you made about my sex life (or lack thereof)???   Question
I have no recollection about such commentary, but I'd love to see it.  

Regarding the old Movie Tidbits pm you sent to me, I responded but received no reply.   Yes, I have every PM sent to me or sent by me.  I have never deleted one.  Feedback is a wonderful tool, also, for the historian.  You have made me do my Badmovies homework.  Loyalty is wonderful, but there is nothing more important than truth.  

You are perplexing, but I don't carry hatchets.  Maybe it's because I have a hatchet-face.  I do find you presumptuous and hypocritical.  Though, like you, I have long memory.  Especially if it's prompted.  I read what you wrote.  We are alike: not simple.  We're each of two minds.  
That's a compliment.  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:30:26 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2018, 11:31:31 PM »

Well thank you for the compliment.  Smile

Hope you and everyone sleeps tight, sees a good bad movie of your choice, and wakes up flu-less and chipper on the morrow.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2018, 08:37:58 AM »

Glad THAT's settled.  TongueOut

Never did figure out what it was about (no need to fill me in). IMO PMs would have been better for that discussion.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2018, 02:38:13 AM »

Glad THAT's settled.  TongueOut

Never did figure out what it was about (no need to fill me in). IMO PMs would have been better for that discussion.
Again I assert: There were way more than you know about. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  PRESIDENTIAL MEMES « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.