Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:56:15 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever Had Your Phone Go Off At An Awkward Moment? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ever Had Your Phone Go Off At An Awkward Moment?  (Read 2117 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: February 15, 2018, 10:14:32 AM »

I have. I was in court, waiting to go up for a small claims matter, and before the session began the bailiff gave instructions to everyone on conduct and said twice, "Turn off all phones." I knew that going in and I'd turned mine off in the hallway before I went into the courtoom, but I still looked down to make sure it was off. It was. 100%. Off. Yup.

But then about fifteen minutes into the cases, somehow, some way, this noise erupted from my purse, "ROCK ME AMADEUS AMADEUS AMADEUS AMADEUS!!!!!!!!"

It was so loud in the room, too, and I didn't even hesitate, I stood up like a spring, did not look at the magistrate or anyone, got out into the hallway as fast as I could and did not stop walking til I was on the sidewalk. It was one of the interns calling me on a separate phone I have for work, a cheap burner, I remembered right then I'd left it in my purse instead of leaving it home, it had not been turned off, and that silly '80s song was the ring tone. I was too chagrined to go back into court and the person I was there with was not happy to lose me as a participant.

Then there is my friend Clare, whose phone kept going off across the room when she was in labor, playing a goofy tune of ill memory.

Ever had a phone call at a bad moment?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:16:56 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 01:33:11 PM »

I was the best man at my friends wedding. The bride had her mobile phone on her somewhere during the ceremony and I fell to the floor busted up in laughter as from it came "I like big butts and I cannot lie..."

Of course being a Scotsman and wearing a kilt this meant everyone in the audience got a full view of what I had beneath it.

For a personal one I had my phone go off in the middle of briefing some very senior officers about a project I was running when a friend called me. I killed the call and he decided to call right back again.

My ring tone from that time was the Vincent Price introduction to Iron Maidens "Number of the Beast", so yeah they twice got warnings from revelations.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 01:38:27 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 02:42:45 PM »

Once during a meeting at work.  It had the opening theme to the classic game DIG DUG blasting over everything the boss was trying to say.  I turned it off quick.

And another time at a theater.  It was at JURASSIC WORLD.  I can't remember the ringtone at the time; probably a classic game show theme.  Fortunately the movie was almost over at that point.  Stupid frigging telemarketer.  Called twice!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 03:13:40 PM »

I was the best man at my friends wedding. The bride had her mobile phone on her somewhere during the ceremony and I fell to the floor busted up in laughter as from it came "I like big butts and I cannot lie..."

Of course being a Scotsman and wearing a kilt this meant everyone in the audience got a full view of what I had beneath it.

For a personal one I had my phone go off in the middle of briefing some very senior officers about a project I was running when a friend called me. I killed the call and he decided to call right back again.

My ring tone from that time was the Vincent Price introduction to Iron Maidens "Number of the Beast", so yeah they twice got warnings from revelations.

Speaking of Iron Maiden, I saw my friend is reading a bio of Bruce Dickinson that apparently just came out. You seen that?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 03:38:12 PM »

Speaking of Iron Maiden, I saw my friend is reading a bio of Bruce Dickinson that apparently just came out. You seen that?

I have seen that it is out, but me and Mr Dickenson (do you know for a while he went under the awful stage name of Bruce Bruce?) have in the past had a few gentlemanly differences of opinion, but are not on speaking terms these days. He is a good singer, but in real life well saying he was a bit of an a***ole is a slight understatement.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 03:48:55 PM »

I have seen that it is out, but me and Mr Dickenson (do you know for a while he went under the awful stage name of Bruce Bruce?) have in the past had a few gentlemanly differences of opinion, but are not on speaking terms these days. He is a good singer, but in real life well saying he was a bit of an a***ole is a slight understatement.

I've never gotten into his music or that genre, but Iron Maiden does bring back some happy memories of driving around with friends in high school, and one would insist we played Iron Maiden at least some of the time, and I got to tolerate it.

(That is the friend I told the story about in here, who that same summer, 1996, literally half-peed himself one night in some woods when we played Tubular Bells from The Exorcist. That music had terrified him since childhood, so hilarious that was.)

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 04:53:24 PM »

Are you implying a phone can ring at a good time? I suppose that's theoretically possible but I've yet to observe the phenomenon in actual reality...

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Paquita

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 11:02:24 PM »

I know I have a lot to catch up on here (I haven't touched my computer for weeks), but I have an important contribution to this thread that can't wait.

I always keep my phone ringer off and rely on the sound of the vibration to know when I have a call/alert.  Keeps my senses keen. 

This isn't necessarily about the phone going off at an awkward moment, but more an awkward noise going off during a phone call.  It's the height of the busiest part of the year for me at work and I was working from home with the family last Friday due to the snow storms we had.  My boss emailed me and said he needed to call me about something super important and was going to go into a private room at work and call me in a few minutes.  Since anytime I am on a call, my daughter chooses this time to come out of her lair and start "needing" things and the dogs start barking at the sound of their own breath, I asked my husband to please wrangle all the noise making beings into the farthest area of the house for this most important of phone calls.  He did and I was thankful.  I got on the call and my boss was half whispering some stuff that was going down that I needed to know about. I was intently listening to this juicy information and responding with shock and awe.  My husband came into the room with me to tend to the fire.  He crouched down, poked around in the flames, and out from his rear came one of the most massive farts I have heard in ages!  He just looked at me in a panic.  My boss didn't seem to notice because he kept talking, but there is no way he could not have heard it.  It took all my strength not to laugh out loud.   When I thought about it, I knew my boss had to think it was me because there was no one else making noise in the background, which just made it even funnier.  I couldn't be mad.  I just wish my husband had said "Whoops!" or something.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 11:09:07 PM »

A few years ago, I attended the funeral of a dear, sweet old woman whom I had pastored for several years, who finally left this planet at the ripe old age of 95.  It was a wonderful service, and at the end, we were bowed in prayer, and my cell phone went off in the middle of the benediction!

My ringtone was "Dragostea ten Dei" by OZONE, better known as the "Numa Numa song."  So in the solemn silence of a hundred mourners,
the immortal words:  "My-a hee, My-a who, My-a he, My-a HA HA!" rang out.

I left without a word to anyone.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever Had Your Phone Go Off At An Awkward Moment? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.