Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:17:02 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I just saw "the creeping terror". « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I just saw "the creeping terror".  (Read 3559 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 19, 2018, 11:57:58 PM »

I just saw this film on mst3k. Good god it was a truly cheap movie. I think it was a nice idea crippled by a wholly inadequate budget. The basic idea, that a probe ship had been sent to earth to release creatures designed to consume and analyze local lifeforms,  collect data and transmit it back to some sort of base, was actually quite thoughtful and intelligent. With a good budget and competent film making it could have become a SF classic instead of a running joke.

The creature may possibly have inspired a monster in a TV movie about an alien bio machine coming to earth, ISTR the creature was designed by H.R. Giger. The movie was "not of this world" made by CBS in 1991. It was pretty decent especially compared to anything from the asylum.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 06:33:01 AM »

The CREEPING TERROR is.....Great and Grating! I don't like MST3K-so never seen that version.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 06:49:21 AM »

If you can find it, likely a bootleg, you might like a TV movie called "not of this world", from 1991. The final form of the creature was somewhat reminiscent of the creeping terror but infinitely better.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 09:01:38 AM »

"The Creeping Terror" honestly does not need the MST3K treatment. It makes fun of itself. Two major tip-offs would be when the monster humps a car from behind and the guy wandering through the woods shouting, "Bobby!". You can say the monster was trying to eat the car, but the shot lingered too long, plus it had the cut away to the reaction of the balding driver (if I remember correctly). Definitely designed as a joke.

Plus, the director supposedly hated dealing with the overweight guy fishing in the movie. Makes sense to make a portly player walk through woods while whining the name "Bobby". It turns him into the joke the director felt the guy was.

Vic Savage was, apparently, a worthless piece of human scum. A womanizer, a drunk, abusive, and utterly wrapped up in himself. This is the guy #METOO would use as the poster child for horrible men, if he were still alive and in the business.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 03:23:52 PM »

A facebook friend of mine mused the this may have been in a rip off of The Quatermass Xperiment (Originally, The Creeping Horror).

Years ago, I once mused with my Galaxy Of Terror fanboys that the girl in the bikini getting eaten may have had some inspiration on the maggot scene...

In one of the trailers for The Creep Behind The Camera, The writer revealed that the monster was supposed to have tentacles. Had that been the case, I think I would've been satisfied with the old "pulling on a garden hose with the camera in reverse" trick...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pacman000
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 04:31:46 PM »

This is one of the two MST3K movies I saw all the way through. The monster reminded me of something which would've bee on Lost in Space on a bad day. Not a bad movie; kinda standard. Didn't like the riffing, but I remember a couple of funny bits ("Help! I'm being attacked by a point-of-view-shot!" and "Careful, Rodger Corman needs that set later." Also, "Fun with my Spirograph" during the credits.) At the very least the riffing wasn't distracting; I could tell what was going on.

Isn't this the film where the real monster costume was stolen before filming began? (Supposedly.)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 05:11:59 PM »

THE CREEPING TERROR is one reason to belong to this forum. 

Small | Large

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 09:18:55 PM »

They just don't make bad movie monsters like this anymore. 

I miss that.
LilCerberus

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 09:24:38 PM »

Isn't this the film where the real monster costume was stolen before filming began? (Supposedly.)

Yes, I originally read that rumor on THIS forum...
And kudos to MST3K for acknowledging how this same ranch would become notorious for the Manson family...

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 09:18:38 AM »

And kudos to MST3K for acknowledging how this same ranch would become notorious for the Manson family...

The Spahn Ranch was used in LOTS of movies- the Manson Clan were actually there when Al Adamson was filming the FEMALE BUNCH and  John 'Bud" Cardos threatened to beat Charlie's ass if he didn't keep his girls from goofing with the shoot!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 10:43:12 AM »

The Spahn Ranch was used in LOTS of movies- the Manson Clan were actually there when Al Adamson was filming the FEMALE BUNCH and  John 'Bud" Cardos threatened to beat Charlie's ass if he didn't keep his girls from goofing with the shoot!

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
THAT is SO cool!
 BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 11:11:57 AM »

I remember the the psychotronic review "a monster resembling a pathetic Chinese New Year dragon"
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 08:37:33 PM »

Also, the story is that the voice recordings where placed in a car.  The car's break went out and it rolled into a lake, thus destroying all the recordings.  It was too late to redub everyone, so that's why there's only a narrator and so little actual spoken dialogue.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 09:20:39 PM »

She looks thrilled.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 07:45:10 AM »

I like this movie because of how ridiculous the monster looks

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I just saw "the creeping terror". « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.