Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:33:14 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bright Ideas « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bright Ideas  (Read 2918 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: February 23, 2018, 10:38:29 PM »

I was reading about a man in the 1970s who took gravel, put it into little boxes, and marketed it as pet rocks. He actually sold millions! For....for actual money!

He got rich! Then he died. But before he died he got rich!

I been thinking, enough time has passed for people to forget pet rocks, and Millennnials are kinda gullible after growing up on fake news and such, so what if I eliminated the gravel and just sold the empty boxes themselves, and marketed them as Pet Air?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 01:48:51 AM »

I know, I'll bare every nook and cranny of my checkered past because I can't sleep. Yeah, good idea...

dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 02:16:33 AM »

There was a 'silly presents' type store back in the day that amongst it's items sold a 'jar of nothing' which was literally an empty jar with that labelled on it. I assume it's for those who tell you that they want nothing and you decide to be antagonistic about it.

On the flip side they had a jar of 'happy pills' which were little red and white medicine pills with happy faces and when you open it up it had an inspirational message in it which was kind of nice.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »

Some kid sold a taped up shoebox on EBay for $20,000 a few years back because it contained a "ghost" he had caught under his bed.

Then, there is this:
   For decades, students at Harvard would buy pies at a nearby pie store and when they had finished them, they would sail the pie pans back and forth and catch them on the college green.  Finally, one student got the bright idea to make a plastic replica pie pan and sell it as a toy to be tossed, thrown, and caught.  The name of the pie company:  Frisby's pies.  He changed the spelling to avoid a lawsuit.

And now you know . . .  TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 02:36:04 PM »

Some kid sold a taped up shoebox on EBay for $20,000 a few years back because it contained a "ghost" he had caught under his bed.

Then, there is this:
   For decades, students at Harvard would buy pies at a nearby pie store and when they had finished them, they would sail the pie pans back and forth and catch them on the college green.  Finally, one student got the bright idea to make a plastic replica pie pan and sell it as a toy to be tossed, thrown, and caught.  The name of the pie company:  Frisby's pies.  He changed the spelling to avoid a lawsuit.

And now you know . . .  TeddyR

That can't be. According to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comics, the "frisbee" was invented when a couple of kids peeled the long dead and flattened cat Frisbee off the highway and started flipping him back and forth.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 05:51:09 PM »

In the early '90s, I had an idea for a twin wheel drive motorcycle. All I got from people was how stupid it was, to how hard to handle it might be, to "why would anybody want that?"

Now, go and Google something called "Christini AWD"
And,no, it's not the same thing as a Rokon.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 08:41:53 AM »

I had the bright idea to shave my head on Saturday for the CANSA Shavathon: now me look like plucked chiken.  Twirling Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 10:18:38 AM »

When I was in sixth grade during the Persian Gulf War I had a cool teacher who assigned us an in-class mock science fair where we were supposed to come up with a wild idea for a science project and present that, and mine was that since petting a cat creates static electricity, and since most cats enjoy a certain amount of petting, why not end our energy worries by building giant power plants containing thousands of cats with tiny batteries on their collars, and people would come through and pet the cats and the sparks from that would get stored in the batteries, and when the batteries got filled up they could be switched for empty ones, and then those batteries would be plugged into the plant itself and, voila, cat-based electricity would come down the wires. No more pollution or fighting over oil.

I still think it'd work.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 10:28:06 AM »

I think thats a shocking idea ER.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 10:30:07 AM »

Thank you, the spark just came to me.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 05:08:19 PM »

There was a 'silly presents' type store back in the day that amongst it's items sold a 'jar of nothing' which was literally an empty jar with that labelled on it. I assume it's for those who tell you that they want nothing and you decide to be antagonistic about it.

On the flip side they had a jar of 'happy pills' which were little red and white medicine pills with happy faces and when you open it up it had an inspirational message in it which was kind of nice.

That sounds a bit like the British TV show from 1976 "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin" w/ Leonard Rossiter and Pauline Yates, as he gets the idea of opening a chain of stores that sells useless items like his son-in-law's homemade wine, square hula hoops, etc., and he makes a fortune doing it.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 04:21:17 PM »

Strange decade, the 70s.

* Pet Rocks

* Mood Rings (my mother had one . . . after the first day the stone was black most of the time)

* K-Tel records (where they would jam so many songs on each side of the album that they had to cut a minute or two out of each song to make them all fit)

* Pop Rocks (here, put these little candies in your mouth and wait for them to explode and ricochet off your teeth . . . good times . . . good fun)

Ah, memories.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 11:01:53 AM »

I'm thinking about earning extra Christmas money this year by renting myself out as a professional mourner at funerals, weddings, and thirtieth birthday parties.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bright Ideas « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.