Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:19:40 AM
714335 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Let's have a underappreciated lesser known GOOD movie festival! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Let's have a underappreciated lesser known GOOD movie festival!  (Read 5383 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 25, 2018, 06:46:15 AM »

OK we've had a bad movie festival, so why not have a film festival featuring little known good movies we think deserve more recognition?

1. Return to Oz.
2. The keep.
3. Horror express.
4. Failsafe.
5. Roger Corman's Frankenstein unbound.
6. Shin Godzilla.
7.Dark city
8. The Asphalt Jungle.
9. Europa report.
10. Sword of doom.
11. The Maijin trilogy.
12. Ghost in the shell innocence.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 09:15:12 AM »

Again, I'll give it a "weird" theme.

1. BLANCANIEVES (2012) - Silent bullfighting fairy tale
2. CRIME WAVE (1985) - Campy Canadian oddity
3. DEATH LAID AN EGG (1968) - Surrealist giallo on a chicken farm
4. IDIOTS AND ANGELS (2008) - Bill Plympton
5. L'IMMORTELLE (1963) - Directorial debut of the writer of LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD
6. THE LOVE WITCH (2016) - Needs more love
7. A REPORT ON THE PARTY AND GUESTS (1966) - Banned anti-authoritarian allegory from Czechoslovakia
8. THE SARAGOSSA MANUSCRIPT (1965) - Polish masterpiece, long out of print
9. SITA SINGS THE BLUES (2008) - One-woman animation
10. THE SWIMMER (1968) - Not sure why this classic is so overlooked
11. TITUS (1999) - Crazy Shakespeare
12. THE TRIAL (1962) - Orson Welles

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »

Deathtrap (1982)
Safe (1995)
Priest (1994)
The Wanderers (1979)
The Butcher Boy (1997)
When the Wind Blows (1986)
Without a Clue (1988)
The Beast of War (1988)
My Favorite Year (1982)
A Midnight Clear (1992)
The Indian Runner (1991)
White Dog (1982)
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 02:47:49 PM »

Dude, if you like this, we should get a couple of bottles of good bourbon and spend a day watching movies together.  You are one of the very few people I have ran across who have seen this movie, never mind LIKING it.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 03:27:13 PM »

Dude, if you like this, we should get a couple of bottles of good bourbon and spend a day watching movies together.  You are one of the very few people I have ran across who have seen this movie, never mind LIKING it.

It's a non-sexual man-date!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 03:30:29 PM »

ABRAHAM LINCOLN VS. ZOMBIES - much better than the mainstream movie it was meant to parody!
ABSENTIA - Brilliant indie horror film, slow burn but worth it
GRAVE ENCOUNTERS - Just shows what a creative mind can do with a $60,000 budget!
SUCKER PUNCH - Followed by a three hour lecture from me on why this is one of the greatest films of all time.
THE ALAMO (2004) - Best historical film ever to flop at the box office
MIRRORS - Just to show that Kiefer Sutherland CAN star in good movies!
TUCKER AND DALE VS. EVIL - Best horror/comedy EVER!
WILLOW CREEK - Another low budget masterpiece!
PAN'S LABYRINTH - One of the best foreign films I have ever seen.
GANGS OF NEW YORK - Just kidding! This movie sucked so hard it almost made the universe collapse on itself!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 03:32:18 PM »

Damn straight. Smoking jackets at dusk, and neither man gets any closer to the other than his recliner. And no romantic comedies!!   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Cheers

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 04:31:28 PM »

Here's a random list I pulled while scanning my shelves:

1.  EXCISION (2012)  -- very disturbing film, and Traci Lords gives an Oscar caliber performance, honestly

2.  SUPER (2010) -- savagely dark comedy about love, sanity, hopelessness, and superheroes

3.  THE VOICES (2014) -- another dark comedy about insanity. I'm noticing a trend here, dammit!

4.  HOLY MOTORS (2012) -- wild film that seems to be a love letter to cinema and art

5.  NIGHT OF THE DEVILS (1972) -- dark and beautifully realized horror film that has one of the most soul-crushing endings ever

6.  I DECLARE WAR (2012) -- kids playing war find themselves actually pitted against each other in a war of a deeper sort

7.  SONNY BOY (1989) -- story of insane characters raising an even crazier kid, plus David Carradine in drag.

8.  FLESH + BLOOD (1985) -- gritty tale of a power struggle during The Plague. Great performances.

9.  THE NIGHT VISITOR (1971) -- intricate plan of an imprisoned man to seek revenge. Incredible pacing and stunning photography

10.  LOLLY-MADONNA XXX (1973) -- feuding families in an escalating battle of pride and destruction

11.  HARD CANDY (2005) -- a movie that will make the men here cringe, but the tension in this film is oh so perfect

12.  THE PYX (1973) -- slow to build, but ultimately horrific when you realize the depth of the plan behind the death of a hooker. Karen Black is terrific in this.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 06:28:25 PM »

Return to Oz

That's a wonderful first choice.  Exemplifies what your topic is about. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 06:32:40 PM »

Plus, he doesn't chase the cute girl he knows... but maybe he had...?   That's one of those late-at-night broadcasts that I might have (first) seen in the '70s.  I like that one too, but I have high regard for BURT LANCASTER, a favorite. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »

The Swimmer is a cool movie definitely

The Inheritance - german movie about capitalism. the good and bad. for some reason I think it's really cool

Super Fuzz- Italian screwball comedy. No one hates italians like I do but this is pure class

the Wid and wonderful Whites of West Virgina - documentary about the family of the Virginia tap dancing guy Jessco whatever. I can only imagine how they are faring under the opioid epidemic. probably about the same

Exam - 20 ambitious business people are led into the room, given a blank piece of paper and told to solve it? solve what?

The Girls of Belarus - really nice BBC movie about girls from Belarus brought to stay in the UK for a couple months as a respite from the post chernobyl brutality that is Belarus. one memorable scene: the girl sees a crossing guard and they let her wear the vest thing and cross people across the street. I'm a simple person and things like that make me briefly happy

the uninvited Guest (2004 not the america mekhi fifer one) - this was a movie abuot a guy who like walked into someones house and hid out there for like months? I'm just going through my 5 star netflix reviews

ace in the Hole - awesome film noir similar to Nightmare Alley. america wasn't in the mood for it's message about how cynical and hungry for a big story the press is

King Frat - "holy s**t... Fart contest!" the most garbegy and best of the animal house rip offs

Chariots of the Gods - the entire history channel owes itself to this late 70's conspiracy fest

Pauly Shore is Dead - unbelievaby , the most vapid of Hollywood personalities somehow made a funny and substantial comedy. the gerardo cameo is the best cameo in the history of cameos
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:14:53 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 08:18:04 PM »

Return to Oz

That's a wonderful first choice.  Exemplifies what your topic is about. 

Thanks. I'd say rev. Powell's choice of Titus was an excellent one in have no excise for missing as I've seen it.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 08:48:09 AM »

4.  HOLY MOTORS (2012) -- wild film that seems to be a love letter to cinema and art

Check out TOKYO! It's an anthology of three films from three directors. The best one is the middle one from Carax, who debuts the Merde character.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 07:37:58 PM »

Check out TOKYO! It's an anthology of three films from three directors. The best one is the middle one from Carax, who debuts the Merde character.

Will do.  Ooh, it's on Youtube!

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 10:31:48 PM »

Red State, Heaven’s Gate, Insomnia (US version),  Vanilla Sky, Moonrise Kingdom, 2010: The Year We Make Contact,  The Godfather Part 3,  Death to Smoochy, A Simple Plan and Inside Llewelyn Davis

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Let's have a underappreciated lesser known GOOD movie festival! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.