Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:28:35 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Changing jobs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Changing jobs  (Read 3223 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 28, 2018, 12:29:12 PM »

Well, today is my last day at my current job. I'm working from home today. Just e-mailed a report to a client, but that's the last significant task on my plate.

I start my new job on Monday (which gives me 4 days off to relax and go see BLACK PANTHER and stuff).

The new job is only 5 miles from my house. I'm familiar with the company because I did about 12 months worth of consulting work for them over a 2-year period. It will be interesting to work for only one company because I've worked for consulting firms for about the past 16 years and have worked for multiple clients every year.

It was a tough decision to move along because I really like my current company. My boss and colleagues are great. But I think I'm ready to try something other than consulting. (Although, the work I will be doing is essentially the same as the consulting work I have been doing . . . go figure).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 03:39:23 PM »

All the best of the new job.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
AoTFan

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 08:13:17 PM »

Well, today is my last day at my current job. I'm working from home today. Just e-mailed a report to a client, but that's the last significant task on my plate.

I start my new job on Monday (which gives me 4 days off to relax and go see BLACK PANTHER and stuff).

The new job is only 5 miles from my house. I'm familiar with the company because I did about 12 months worth of consulting work for them over a 2-year period. It will be interesting to work for only one company because I've worked for consulting firms for about the past 16 years and have worked for multiple clients every year.

It was a tough decision to move along because I really like my current company. My boss and colleagues are great. But I think I'm ready to try something other than consulting. (Although, the work I will be doing is essentially the same as the consulting work I have been doing . . . go figure).

Hope it all works out and that you love it just as much (if not more) than the old job.  :)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 09:35:43 PM »

Good luck and good pay!  Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 09:55:01 PM »

Best of luck and congratulations! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 02:31:44 AM »

Sending you good wishes, Brother Burgo  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
316zombie
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 02:54:09 AM »

best of luck,and are you okay? half my family had to evacuate!
The Burgomaster

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 09:42:23 AM »

best of luck,and are you okay? half my family had to evacuate!

Wow, that's rough. We are okay. We live far from the coast. Didn't even lose power. It's tranquil here at the moment.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
316zombie
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 10:15:29 PM »

everyone is safe at present, but OMG,the damage is unreal!
The Burgomaster

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 09:18:09 AM »

everyone is safe at present, but OMG,the damage is unreal!

2 sections of my stockade fence are leaning over (slightly), but otherwise no damage.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 09:56:58 AM »

Forgive me, I haven't seen or heard much news this last week, but what is it you guys are talking about? A big storm somewhere? Guess I have stayed busy and disconnected....

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 01:05:21 PM »

Forgive me, I haven't seen or heard much news this last week, but what is it you guys are talking about? A big storm somewhere? Guess I have stayed busy and disconnected....

There was a storm in Massachusetts that flooded coastal towns and knocked out power for a lot of people. I was lucky enough not to catch the brunt of it.

316zombie
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 04:37:47 PM »

can your fence be fixed without having to file an insurance claim, i hope? that is gonna be a nightmare for so many people, after the storms the last couple of years.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 04:59:53 PM »

can your fence be fixed without having to file an insurance claim, i hope? that is gonna be a nightmare for so many people, after the storms the last couple of years.

Yeah. A person with average repair skills could fix it in 10 minutes. However, with me at the helm, it will still be leaning over awkwardly in August.

316zombie
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 01:39:12 AM »

* giggle*  Cheers
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Changing jobs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.