Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  No body believes me. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: No body believes me.  (Read 9579 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: March 04, 2018, 01:33:15 AM »

I was in race riots in the Bronx in 1979. I went to school at
Fordum it was crazy. I was there.
They had a mass walk out-cops came in-I went to school there. I sided with my friends. Perkins-who was a bald head guy-and tis crazy Brazil guy, who I hung out with in Poe park. In the Bronx.
People think I don't know wtf I'm talkin about.
You don't even f**king know.
NYC is my REAL home-so-when you THINK you know what life is like in the Bronx-f**k you. I was Born-and lived there.

You believe  me-you dont-I dont give a f**k. I KNOW IT HAPPENED!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 01:45:31 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 02:04:16 AM »

Why wouldn't  I believe you?  I have no reason to think you're lying. 

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 02:46:14 AM »

Why wouldn't  I believe you?  I have no reason to think you're lying. 

Because they think it's too weird. NYC was crazy. It was crazy.

At that time-back in 1980-it was f**ked,man. and-I dunno.It  was a f**ked thing and when I tell folks  they think I'm lying.
They think-"really?" But I was there-it's real. I dunno-It f**ks me up maybe because I tell the morons in Lawton about the Big City. I dunno. It p**ses me off.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 03:03:05 AM »

ronnie, i KNOW it happened. i was  living just outside boston then, it was on the news.
  people don't believe that there WAS a real "war" of mafia factions in the combat zone  either. i was THERE, working in a joke shop  across from woolworth's and walking the zone EVERY DAY to catch the train. i watched people being dragged down alleys, or into cars, and never saw them again. but i can't prove it. it's true though.
   my life has been entirely too weird  for most anyone to believe. i no longer give a s**t. i lived it,i know it's real.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 03:16:59 AM »

ronnie, i KNOW it happened. i was  living just outside boston then, it was on the news.
  people don't believe that there WAS a real "war" of mafia factions in the combat zone  either. i was THERE, working in a joke shop  across from woolworth's and walking the zone EVERY DAY to catch the train. i watched people being dragged down alleys, or into cars, and never saw them again. but i can't prove it. it's true though.
   my life has been entirely too weird  for most anyone to believe. i no longer give a s**t. i lived it,i know it's real.

I believe you man. May seem surreal to some folks-but s**t was real back east in the 70's and early 80's. It was f**kin crazy.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 03:35:54 AM »

what really got to me then, and still does,is this. what the hell does the fact that i'm a tiny woman have to do with what i've lived through? i mean, geez..i've been told i MUST be lying because i'd have been murdered.HUH? WHY?
   i had people who protected me because i treated them like humans instead of trash. and people who protected me because i fed them. and people who knew better than to mess with the crazy girl with the tophat and rabbit ears on it. being little doesn't mean you can't defend yourself.
   i wasn't stupid enough to tell anyone " in authority" about it, with no proof. and that makes me a liar. because i'm not dead. people are ASTOUNDINGLY  stupid sometimes...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 03:36:08 AM »

There was s**t going on. They  (the goverment) had declared NYC not worth saving. Anybody remember that? Garbage lined the streets. It was a war zone. Where I lived-in the Bronx-was mostly big piles of rubble. I walked  down to a  trashed laundry mat in the Bronx where I was living and bought pot laced with angel dust from some guy in front of a closed laundry mat off of Fordum next to Poe Park.
This was in 1979.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 03:38:23 AM »

what really got to me then, and still does,is this. what the hell does the fact that i'm a tiny woman have to do with what i've lived through? i mean, geez..i've been told i MUST be lying because i'd have been murdered.HUH? WHY?
   i had people who protected me because i treated them like humans instead of trash. and people who protected me because i fed them. and people who knew better than to mess with the crazy girl with the tophat and rabbit ears on it. being little doesn't mean you can't defend yourself.
   i wasn't stupid enough to tell anyone " in authority" about it, with no proof. and that makes me a liar. because i'm not dead. people are ASTOUNDINGLY  stupid sometimes...

Dam straight.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 03:50:57 AM »

gotta crash,my friend. you AREN'T alone, remember that,okay?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 03:54:57 AM »

I know and love my life here in Lawton Michigan. But I was born in NYC. And the things I learned there I will never forget. I was there at a time of change and anarchy, It was mad.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 04:21:09 AM »

Maybe if I told you how my older brother Mike robbed this guy on Pelham Parkway who was just sceramin' at the sky about who the f**k knows what and Mike took his wallet and we got 4 dollars.
The guy had no clue he got robbed. He was too busy beating up a phone booth. Why?  WHO f**kING  KNOWS.
We walked by him an hour later-he was holding the phone out the booth and screaming about Jesus. Goddam.
I lived in a Salvation Army Box for 6 months. IN IT.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 04:24:17 AM »

It all just f**ks me. So when I hear a cocksucker like Trump who was born rich telling me how to live- f**k HIM.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 06:59:55 AM »

Hey I'm with you brother.  I was wrongfully imprisoned for a year. I was raped while imprisoned.  I had had possibly. Manageable paranoia and schizophrenia up to that point.  After what was done to me I had severe paranoia,  worse schizophrenia,  PTSD which lead to PTED,  rage issues,  a persecution complex,  defiance disorder and rage issues. 

At one time I could have gone to college and pursued a career as a physicist.  I had an I. Q.  of 140 and had been reading at college levels in 4th grade.  I could have been gone into physics and maybe gotten into quantum and conceptual physics.

After that,  I had too many issues to get very far in life. Drugs would have crippled my intelligence and I refused to take them.  The anger issues kept me from functioning for prolonged periods,  and as more of my life simply disappeared my rage issued increased.

I feel for you,  brother.  Cross my broken,  battered,  bleeding heart I feel for you.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 09:40:07 AM »

Rc, I believe you. No doubt you have been through some serious Sh*t in your time. I remember some of the things that youve posted about, and Ive always found it interesting. You have some stories to tell. Most people dont. They live there simple little lives in a box. I think maybe thats why sometimes people dont believe things, because they themselves have never experienced anything out of the ordinary. If it didnt happen to them, then theres no way that it could happen to you, right?

Hey Rc, I like to ask questions and pick peoples brains. It probably wasnt just one thing but, what do you think was the cause of the riots in the Bronx?

exterminate all rational thought.....
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 09:49:42 AM »

I believe you. I saw this documentary:

Small | Large

But seriously, there's a reason they set movies like THE WARRIORS in the Bronx in the late 70s/early 80s.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  No body believes me. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.