Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:55:19 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sven just called me a c**t « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Sven just called me a c**t  (Read 8487 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 11:25:34 PM »

If you can tell me what in the two links Sven put up there what is mean or provocative...

But no I mean it, BMDO should be a nice place for us all and I'm going to do my best not to unduly hurt anyone.
Well, I'm gonna guess you hurt someone last night. And that's just one.  You weren't actually called any "c" word, and 'twas done a clever way to swipe at stupid people on an internet forum.  You however are not stupid.  I think you should get over it.  I've been called worse than "see you next..."  Right here on this forum.  Whoever that person is should not have done it, but maybe you shouldn't have done what you did.  
(Yesterday was yesterday but if you really want to go there again...you mean the abortion post? I felt that had a softer tone than the post I'd replied to, which was an attack on me, but isn't that what abortion causes? Dead children? My goal was less about hurting anyone than it was shoving back. But it was yesterday. As were the first instances  of Sven calling  me---a little funny--the "c-word". How all just move on and truly try to all get along here? I do want that. Frankly I'm bored with all this.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:51:46 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
316zombie
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 01:24:43 AM »

If you can tell me what in the two links Sven put up there that is mean or provocative...

But no I mean it, BMDO should be a nice place for us all and I'm going to do my best not to unduly hurt anyone.

really? REALLY??? you don't live in anything that resembles the real world,do you? be thankful i don't post MY judgment of you, like you did to me.and i wasn't allowed to respond on the same thread, since it's locked.
   but you are quite obviously the golden girl because you post CONSTANTLY about YOU, and very little else, other than insults. so be it. enjoy your martyrdom, little girl. and don't EVER think you can judge me, or anyone else. and don't EVER think you can make me ashamed of MY life choices. try it again,and i'll throw it right back,with your own posts as proof.
  rev,if you have a problem with me defending myself in THIS thread, then just ban me. i'm not going to tolerate being judged and shamed by ANYONE . EVER .
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 08:42:18 AM »

If you can tell me what in the two links Sven put up there that is mean or provocative...

really? REALLY??? you don't live in anything that resembles the real world,do you? be thankful i don't post MY judgment of you, like you did to me.and i wasn't allowed to respond on the same thread, since it's locked.
   but you are quite obviously the golden girl because you post CONSTANTLY about YOU, and very little else, other than insults. so be it. enjoy your martyrdom, little girl. and don't EVER think you can judge me, or anyone else. and don't EVER think you can make me ashamed of MY life choices. try it again,and i'll throw it right back,with your own posts as proof.
  rev,if you have a problem with me defending myself in THIS thread, then just ban me. i'm not going to tolerate being judged and shamed by ANYONE . EVER .

Of course I'm not going to ban you, 316zombie. I understand why you're upset. But I might lock the thread again. It's ER vs. Svengoolie, Indy vs. Svengoolie, Allhallows vs. ER, 316zombie vs. ER... it's like a civil war. And most of us here don't want to see you guys fighting, much less feel pressured to pick sides.

Best if everyone simply goes back to ignoring those personalities they have a problem with. There is no "block" or "ignore" feature here and no one has the capacity to install one. You all just have to exercise restraint. Or at least argue in PMs and keep it off the main boards.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 08:52:06 AM »

As far as I'm concerned, Rev, the slate is clean today. Fresh start. I wish everyone here well and will try to ignore any negativity and only be positive to others here. I miss the good feelings that used to be part of this place and which fell apart starting about six weeks ago. The past is dead, long live the future.

So, how 'bout that weather/favorite sport/celebrity of recent note?

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 09:18:09 AM »

As far as I'm concerned, Rev, the slate is clean today. Fresh start. I wish everyone here well and will try to ignore any negativity and only be positive to others here. I miss the good feelings that used to be part of this place and which fell apart starting about six weeks ago. The past is dead, long live the future.

So, how 'bout that weather/favorite sport/celebrity of recent note?
If I had written what you wrote yesterday, I'd be in a hurry to shove "the past" as far away as possible.  Maybe your "good feelings" fell apart six weeks ago, but I'd guess you'd caught peoples' attention here long before then. 

(Yesterday was yesterday but if you really want to go there again...you mean the abortion post? I felt that had a softer tone than the post I'd replied to, which was an attack on me, but isn't that what abortion causes? Dead children? My goal was less about hurting anyone than it was shoving back. But it was yesterday. As were the first instances  of Sven calling  me---a little funny--the "c-word". How all just move on and truly try to all get along here? I do want that. Frankly I'm bored with all this.)

Here's "softer tone": 

What multiple abortions might make you is a bit careless. Also the mother of dead children, right?

You are remarkably cavalier thinking you can smooth over a remark like that.  Instead of owning it, you try to bury it.  Disagreeing is not the same as intentionally acting to hurt someone.  You owe 316zombie an apology. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 09:29:16 AM »

Why did I say that to her, John? Did my remark fall out of thin air, or was I replying to her coming at me in the same thread? Basically if you come at someone, you have to expect someone to come back at you. Debate isn't for snowflakes and sometimes you get your nose bloodied. I don't think I owe her an apology any more than she owes me one or anyone else owes me one despite some vicious things being said. We had a disagreement and it went too far.

What I would hope is we can all go forward and if not be friends then at least not be outright enemies.

Cheer up, maybe I'll die in a plane crash today. Hope springs eternal.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 10:45:28 AM »

I'm just going to give you both bad karma for starting unessisary drama. 
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 11:15:14 AM »

Why did I say that to her, John? Did my remark fall out of thin air, or was I replying to her coming at me in the same thread? Basically if you come at someone, you have to expect someone to come back at you. Debate isn't for snowflakes and sometimes you get your nose bloodied. I don't think I owe her an apology any more than she owes me one or anyone else owes me one despite some vicious things being said. We had a disagreement and it went too far.

What I would hope is we can all go forward and if not be friends then at least not be outright enemies.

You can talk around what you wrote all you want, she wrote nothing even in criticizing you that warranted that response.  It was simply contemptuous. 
I wouldn't hope for your death in a plane crash.  That's cavalier again.  You can't help yourself. 

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »

I'm just going to give you both bad karma for starting unessisary drama. 

This is what those who make personal arguments public don't seem to get. Many (I imagine most) of the rest of us don't care to be exposed to this unpleasantness and have no interest in taking sides. PMs exist for a reason.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 02:32:11 AM »

Many (I imagine most) of the rest of us don't care to be exposed to this unpleasantness and have no interest in taking sides.

I don't care to be exposed to it either: spats like this are one of the reasons I left Facebook. I was told after criticizing the dire national cricket team that "you are criticizing the children of Nelson Mandela" and other idiotic things which made me go  Buggedout and then  Bluesad

I would really like us to argue about the merits of films like Manos and Birdemic rather than political and inter-personal message board issues.

If I have to leave here because certain people are unable to get along with each other, then I might as well toss my smart phone as I will have nowhere else to go online and I will miss my online family here.

Peeps: sort it out, please: I don't like to see people I consider family arguing.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 07:34:37 AM »

I've always taken the position that if you let someone else run you out of a place you like, you are letting them win.
I refuse to give them that satisfaction!

Hang around, Trev, you are loved here.  This storm will pass.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2018, 01:12:56 AM »

and why did i " come at you"? because you referred to ronnie as a whiner, point one. nobody forces you to read his posts. like rev said, we can all ignore who ever we want to ignore.
 point two, you referred to those of us who responded to him before you did as 'condescending to him" .
point three,when he protested , you went into a diatribe attacking him,and attempting to make it clear how superior YOU are,and how much YOU have scrificed for others.
  and i called bulls**t, because it is. you are an arrogant,pompous blowhard who has NEVER lived in the real world of being poor.  you are a racist and a judgmental GOD freak, who uses the book of fairy tales called the bible to hurt people. you are NOT,and never will be, an empathic, supportive human being, you aren't wired for it.
  but hey, i'll just stay away from this area and post where you rarely do,if i ever come back. you aren't interested in movies, you just want an interactive blog about YOU.
  bye for now my friends. i said my piece,and i'm not sorry about it. i'll be in touch with ronnie, if he comes back,he'll tell you how i am. later.

Pacman000
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2018, 07:24:43 PM »

Even if it's not true, the Bible is not a book of fairy tales. The term myth or legend might be more appropriate. Fairy tales are usually considered entirely fictional, even by their creators*. Legends are an attempt to record history; they may not be accurate, but they represent real events. Myths are similar to legends, but while legends deal with human history, Myths deal with spiritual history, what a deity or deities have revealed to mankind.

Calling the Bible a collection of fairy tales makes it very clear that you don't believe it, but it also creates a rift between yourself & a believer. That rift cuts off any attempt to talk intelligently about the subject; to gain insite into the other person's point of view.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2018, 07:50:17 PM »

Even if it's not true, the Bible is not a book of fairy tales. The term myth or legend might be more appropriate. Fairy tales are usually considered entirely fictional, even by their creators*. Legends are an attempt to record history; they may not be accurate, but they represent real events. Myths are similar to legends, but while legends deal with human history, Myths deal with spiritual history, what a deity or deities have revealed to mankind.

Calling the Bible a collection of fairy tales makes it very clear that you don't believe it, but it also creates a rift between yourself & a believer. That rift cuts off any attempt to talk intelligently about the subject; to gain insite into the other person's point of view.
I don't claim to understand what any of these participants have stated, or why,  but it is worth pointing out that ER has stated that she has no religion.  

To be clear I have no religion. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 07:55:41 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2018, 10:22:12 PM »

I believe she was refrencing Ernest Thesiger in the BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN when he refers to the bible as  "fairy tales".

Censors caused Pretorious' derogatory line about "fairy tales" to be changed to "Bible stories," but once they saw the sneering contempt which Ernest Thesiger loaded into his delivery of these two words, they wished they had left the original script unchanged.

And if she wasn't- well- it's no more distorted truth than the "myths" that the Bible puts out as "Truth".

She's very angry- I don't blame her. Me- I cooled off- water off a ducks back. But I won't be responding to folks who hijack my threads no more. I will ignore them.

(yeah right.)  Lookingup

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 10:54:01 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sven just called me a c**t « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.