Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:16:04 PM
714319 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Wrinkle in Time Is Bombing « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Wrinkle in Time Is Bombing  (Read 2857 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: March 11, 2018, 01:28:58 PM »

Which restores my faith in mankind just a smidgen since I was angry that such a wonderful book would have been cannibalized that way in the first place. I am starting to think the 2010s version of Oprah makes a good reverse barometer; see she's involved, stay away.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 03:13:52 PM »

I loved the book as a kid and am about to start re-reading it.
I know virtually nothing about the movie, so I will reserve judgment until I have seen it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pacman000
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 08:40:46 AM »

Too bad; I wanted to see it; now I'm not sure it'll stay in theaters long enough.

The books are good; I liked the TV movie when I saw it years ago. Now the FX are too dated, & I wanted to see what a big-budget version could do.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 09:58:34 AM »

I think AWIT is one of those novels that would work beautifully as feature-length animation.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 03:28:49 AM »

What wonderful reviews it's been getting  Buggedout

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1620680/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Yikes!

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 04:31:25 PM »

I wouldn't make too much of this, as most films die at the box office, or, so I have heard. One can only hope that as a filmmaker, the profits from one's successes top the losses from one's failures. Nor is it much of a guide as to whether it is a "bad" or "good film." While there have been any number of "bad" films that died at the box office, there have been any number of "good" films that have also died at the box office, including some we think of as being successful, which were not successful on their original release, but became successful later. It is only an indication of a film that no one wants to see. No, the problem is that while no one may be at fault for a failure, people, to protect themselves, start blaming each other. This is particularly important for the director, who is a double minority, as she is not only a woman, but a black woman as well, but, she seems to have escaped this, as she has a couple of projects lined up for later.

A Wrinkle in Time
There were a couple of little oddities that I found interesting.

Having had it read to us in class, then having read it later, I was trying to remember how faithful the film was to the book. One odd thing I remember from the book, was that husband/father was not the 1st to go thru Time. Someone else preceded him, and who disappeared, and they were never able to find him.

And I thought it was odd, that while we saw inter-racial kissing between husband and wife, we never saw Meg nor Calvin kiss. Though, they were clearly friends, and in 5 years I see them as boyfriend and girlfriend, and in a decade they may be even married as an interracial couple.

And I have noticed that it is becoming more common, ere the film or trailer comes on, the stars or the director comes on to say thank-you to the audience for coming, as they would not be there without the audience coming to see the film.

From the intellectually stimulating to the stupidly numbing. The next film is likely to be Sherlock Gnome, since I enjoyed the previous film Gnomeo and Juliet. And after that a dozen more films to the end of the year. With at least 1 film a month, except for April, August, and October. Though, since everything in this town shuts down for Easter Sunday, except the cinemas, I may wait till Easter Sunday to see Paul, Apostle of Christ, which would cover April.
316zombie
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 06:43:39 PM »

it's getting great reviews from the people i grew up with, who read the series when i did. and read it to their kids and grandkids, like i read it to my nieces, and they are reading it to their kids. i'm looking forward to getting it from netflix!
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 04:33:48 PM »

! No longer available Small | Large

316zombie
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 06:13:37 PM »

a.j., dear, yes i know it;s getting bad reviews from people i DON'T know. they don't matter.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 09:00:34 PM »

I wasn't replying to you specifically, I just felt like sharing.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 09:05:13 PM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 06:12:26 PM »

oh, okay. should i apologise? i'm trying to learn not to do that so much...unless i SHOULD. not too successful yet.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »

oh, okay. should i apologise? i'm trying to learn not to do that so much...unless i SHOULD. not too successful yet.

I don't think you need to. Not really a big deal at all.

I just thought the video was funny and it happened to be relevant to the thread.

316zombie
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 09:18:07 PM »

Smile Cheers
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Wrinkle in Time Is Bombing « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.