Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:44:45 PM
713352 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  cooking/food thread. i can't find my old one, lol! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: cooking/food thread. i can't find my old one, lol!  (Read 39379 times)
claws
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2018, 02:52:04 AM »

sure.  This was for two cups of rice. What you'll need:

rinse two cups of basmati rice until water runs clear. Put the rice in a pot and add enough water until it covers the rice. Then add

- one onion finely diced (or omit onion. I think to remember you don't like onions?). The recipe also calls for
- two green onions sliced. Again, I'm sure it will be fine without. You could add onion powder instead unless you don't like onion flavor in general.
- one whole small pepper
- one whole clove garlic
- twig of thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- four tbsp mild (or hot if you prefer) curry powder. Any color will do. I used the yellow.
- one tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt. 1/2 tsp pepper

Stir and then cook with lid for 15 minutes. Make sure to check if done during the final few minutes because the rice can easily burn!
316zombie
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2018, 11:22:13 PM »

thank you!and thank you for remembering my onion issue. i like the flavor as an accent, it's the texture that gets to me,same with bell peppers. now, you say one small whole pepper, would that be a bell pepper? or could i use a cherry pepper?
   this could work well for my clients too, it looks pretty adaptable.
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2018, 02:22:26 PM »

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cups white chocolate chips

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
3.Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

Chocolate Depression Cake

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
frosting
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk (or cream)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions

Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine vanilla, vinegar, oil and water. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until completely combined and no lumps remain.
Pour batter into a greased 8x8 square pan.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Let cake cool completely before frosting.
for the frosting
Melt butter in a small saucepan (or in the microwave using a microwave safe dish.) Stir in cocoa powder, mixture will form a thick paste.
Transfer chocolate mixture to a medium size mixing bowl. With mixer on low speed, add in powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
Once ingredients are incorporated, turn mixer to medium high speed and beat about 5 minutes, until frosting is smooth and creamy. Spread on top of cooled cake.

Banana Crumb Cake
Ingredients
For the Crumb Cake:
2C sugar
1 C milk
1 C chopped nuts (optional)
2 C self rising flour
1 stick margarine
2 eggs
3 bananas
1 tsp vanilla

For the Crumb Topping:
1 stick (1/2 c) Margarine
1 Cup brown sugar (dark or light)
1 cup flour (self rising or plain, whatever you have on hand)

Instructions
1. Spray two loaf or 8×8 pans with cooking spray.
2. Place peeled bananas in mixing bowl, add sugar. Mix until bananas are liquefied.
3. Add margarine, mix until creamed together with banana mixture. Add all other ingredients and blend well.
4. In medium bowl, place all topping ingredients. Cut together with a long tined fork until well blended.
5. Pour ¼ of batter into each pan, top with ¼ crumb mixture.
6. Pour remaining batter over and top with remaining crumb mixture.
7. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 350.
8. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe by Southern Plate at http://www.southernplate.com/2009/05/banana­crumb­cake­and­the­name­of­my­home.html

Bake for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees in the oven. You can turn on the broiler at the end to get the cheese more golden brown and crispier.

Enchilada Ingredients:

2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheddar cheese
8 flour tortillas (soft shell)
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup sour cream
1 4oz can of diced green chiles
2 cups shredded chicken (about 1 big chicken breast)
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups of chicken broth
Salt and pepper
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Cook/shred your chicken breast and mix it with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Lay 8 tortillas out and fill each one with the chicken mixture making sure they are all even. Roll them up tightly and put them in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
In a saucepan, melt the butter and add in the 3 tbsp of flour. Mix and cook for about one minute.
Add in the 2 cups of chicken broth, whisking until it’s a smooth consistency. Whisk over medium heat until it is thick and creamy (usually takes about 5-8 minutes).
Mix in the sour cream, salt/pepper, and the can of chiles to the pan.
Pour the creamy sauce over the rolled up tortillas evenly.
Add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese over the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Add salsa or cilantro and you’re ready to eat!

Dilly Rolls

2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
2 tablespoons butter
2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
1 to 2 tablespoons dill weed
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour

In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook cottage cheese and butter until butter is melted. Cool to 110° to 115°. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add eggs, sugar, onion, dill, salt, baking soda and cottage cheese mixture. Add 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.

Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch dough down. Form into 24 balls; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.

Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.

Pork Loin with Root Beer Spiced Apples

Pork Loin:
5 lb. Pork Loin (Can substitute Pork Chops)
1 ½ oz. Jerk Seasoning

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rub jerk seasoning all over pork loin. Place
loin in oven. Roast for about one hour and ten minutes or until internal
temperature reaches 155 degrees Fahrenheit. After done, let pork loin rest
in a warm place for five minutes. Serve with Blue Bayou Root Beer Spiced Apples. (See Below)

Root Beer Spiced Apples:
2 lbs. Granny Smith Apples (About 4 large)
6 oz. Brown Sugar
2 T. Cinnamon
1.5 t. Cornstarch
2.5 c. Root Beer Soda
1 t. Nutmeg
1/8 t. Ground Cloves
1 ½ t. Cold Water

1. Core, peel and cut apples into wedges.
2. Combine root beer, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir frequently.
3. In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch and a little water to make a thin paste.
4. When the mix starts boiling, add the cornstarch paste and stir well.
5. Add the apples and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stir frequently. Serve partially over the pork loin on the plate.

Rolls

3 ½- 4 ½ cups flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
¼ cup margarine
½ cup water
1-cup milk
2 pckg. Yeast

mix 1 ½ cup flour, sugar, salt and undisolved yeast in bowl.
In medium saucepan mix water, milk and margarine to 120 degrees (margarine not totally melted) gradually add to dry ingredients add more flour until you have a soft dough. Place dough in a greased bowl and put bowl in a pan of warm water for 15 min. knead as necessary. Shape and place rolls on a greased sheet let raise for 15 min.
Bake at 450 until done. About 15 min.
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2018, 02:24:18 PM »

TACO PIE

1 pound hamburger                                
1 medium chopped onion
1-16 ounce jar salsa                               
1 taco seasoning packet
1-16 ounce can crescent rolls             
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 bag tortilla chips                                   
1-16 ounce sour cream

Heat oven to 350.  Brown hamburger and onions. Stir in taco seasoning and salsa mix well. Press crescent rolls in bottom and sides of 9x13 pan. Sprinkle broken chips on top of crescent rolls. Spread beef mixture on top. Bake 15 minutes take out of oven spread a layer of sour cream then top with cheese. Bake an additional 15 minutes.

316zombie
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2018, 06:33:09 PM »

thank you for all of them, but especially the depression cake! PERFECT for my egg free client!  Cheers
claws
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2018, 10:09:02 PM »

Taco Pie sounds yummy. I'll have to try that.
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2018, 12:30:39 PM »

thank you for all of them, but especially the depression cake! PERFECT for my egg free client!  Cheers

You're welcome. It's one of the best and easiest cake recipes you'll find.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2018, 05:07:10 PM »

And I can vouch for that cake being fantastic. And if she puts up the coke cake recipe that it is super light and tasty.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2018, 08:19:44 PM »

It is really tasty and easy to make
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2018, 09:54:31 PM »

And I can vouch for that cake being fantastic. And if she puts up the coke cake recipe that it is super light and tasty.

Coke cake is stupidly easy... get a chocolate cake mix and a can of coke... mix them together (don't add anything else) and bake according to the time and temp on the cake mix box.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2018, 08:46:14 PM »

Yeah! Gives me a hard on thinking about it!

Hocks and Beans

Take some pinto beans ( or black beans-whichever you prefer)-soak them over nite.
Take 2 ham hocks, a chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, and some jalapeno peppers  (not too many!) and put it in a crock pot for 6 hours.
Make some corn bread.
Walla!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:49:00 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2018, 01:51:25 AM »

since indi wussed on my chili challenge( sorry, indi, but you DID,lol!), i say..CORNBREAD RECIPE CHALLENGE!! i've been doing this challenge for about 3 months now with people all over the world, and it is truly cool how many recipes are out there, and how different " the cornbread concept" is from place to place. all forms are included, since it's calld different things too, like jonnycake, hoecake, mashcake, etc.. and some i'll have to C&P to spell right in different languages, lol!
 i have a few, but i'll start with the cheater i teach to youngsters with little time.
  2 boxes of JIFFY cornbread mix
  3 eggs
  2/3 cup of WHOLE milk
  1 teaspoon of pale brown sugar
  1/2 teaspoon of salt
  1 tablespoon of clarified bacon grease, chilled

mix everything but the bacon grease well, but leave the batter a bit lumpy.
use the bacon grease to grease 8 mini loaf pans, or one 9x9 pan. metal is better than glass for cornbread, oddly enough. portion the batter out and let stand 5 minutes, it gives you a better" crown",  
then bake at 375 about 25 minutes, until it's golden brown, and when you rap a knuckle on it, it's " hollow" sounding. and a toothpick comes out clean and dry.

claws
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2018, 08:38:58 PM »

I've made Elotes today, the bowl version. Never had before but it is very easy to make and was yummy. I did alter the original recipe a bit though. Anyway, for Ingredients I used:

4.4 oz butter melted in a pan at medium heat. Added one small red onion very finely chopped, and
about two cups of canned corn. I cooked and stirred the corn for about 15 minutes until they took on a slight color.
Then I added 1 teaspoon red chili flakes, a pinch of salt, ground black pepper, vegetable broth powder and 1 teaspoon diced garlic.

Not part of the recipe but I had about a half cup of cubed ham left over, so I added that as well.

Served in a bowl, added lime juice and drizzled with mayo and sour cream and crumbled feta since we don't get cotija cheese in Germany.
Added more chili flakes for garnish and a tablespoon of cilantro paste since fresh cilantro is very rare here.

This was enough for two servings  Thumbup
claws
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2019, 09:40:28 AM »

My lazy Saturday meal:

Crispy fries topped with a few slices of american cheese, plenty of pork roast gravy and two fried eggs. Doesn't take much to make me happy.
316zombie
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2019, 06:07:02 PM »

i've been on an egg kick lately too. i've eaten an entire dozen boiled eggs this week alone. making a fritatta tonight with a hash brown base and a hamsteak, and cheese. lots of cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  cooking/food thread. i can't find my old one, lol! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.