Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:38:55 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Reanimator Movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Reanimator Movie?  (Read 1973 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: March 13, 2018, 10:51:08 AM »

No idea if this is another in the series or an entirely new beast. Not my favourite piece of Lovecraft as it reminds me too much of the work of other writers but I'll still watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3556410/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 04:55:49 PM »

“My original story, Antihuman, was more science-driven and had nothing to do with zombies. I don’t like the zombie genre overall. It had to do with harnessing neutrinos to stimulate any living cells. It just so happened that my original concept overlapped [with] the HP Lovecraft Re-Animator, and we decided to adapt my initial script.”

This is an old quote froma  few years back, but it looks like they stuck the title on an unrelated movie with a similar theme. 

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 04:57:39 PM »

Dammit, either make the movie of the book or make your own damn thing.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 09:33:59 AM »

I love the Re-Animator films, but if Jeffery Coombs isn't involved- I don't wanna know. Also- either Stuart Gordon or Brian Ynza directs-because BEYOND RE-ANIMATOR was no where near as good as the first 2.
As far as being a Lovecraft story- I don't care. I love Lovecraft-but I love the first 2 Re-Animator movies too, despite them bearing no resemblance to the story. I mean- DRACULA and FRANKENSTEIN movies are nothing like the book- so what? It's hard to do Lovecraft right in a movie. In fact- most movie adaptions of his work suck!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 09:56:32 AM »

Have you seen the HPLHS versions of Call of Cthulhu and Whisperer In The Dark? If not I can recommend them.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 01:19:53 PM »

I have not even heard of it. I'll see if I can look 'em up!

I do know that the cheesy 1970 the DUNWICH HORROR movie sucked, and DIE,MONSTER,DIE (the COLOR OF OUTER SPACE) was  a ...well...monster movie. Lovecraft-like Shirley Jackson-is about a certain mood. Hard to translate to the screen with rubber and/or CGI monsters and explicit gore.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 01:55:32 PM »

They recently did a movie version of THE COLOR OUT OF SPACE set in Germany that came a lot closer to the story.
It was a slow burn, but it was actually pretty good.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 02:20:07 PM »

Didn't know about the Color. 

Is it in english or subtitled?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Reanimator Movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.