Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:35:12 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who DOESN'T own a video game player? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Who DOESN'T own a video game player?  (Read 3748 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: March 16, 2018, 09:27:52 PM »

I have NEVER owned a video game player. I bought my kids Playstations and X Boxes-but I have never owned one. In fact-the only games I know how to play are the ones I bought my kids back in the '90's- Crash Bandicoot,Driver, the first Resident Evil, a couple driving car ones,...that's it.

I reckon I'm a dinosaur.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 09:30:18 PM »

me

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 10:13:22 PM »

I don't own a gaming engine currently, I do all my gaming on the PC.
But I have been a video game junkie ever since PACMAN came out in the 80's! LOL

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 10:24:01 PM »

I don't see any good in it.
My son Eddie was addicted to that s**t. He didn't do his school work-nothing. I threw it in the garbage.  And the guy who lived upstairs was 23 years old that he played with, They started smoking that bath salts-f**k that. Eddie ended up in the hospital.
He was p**sed.
I don't care I pulled a knife on that  f**ker -I got Eddie clean. Video games are a drug,in the wrong hands.

I don't like video games. Kids should be outside playing-not glued to a TV set.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 10:29:39 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 10:51:38 PM »

not me either. although i did get addicted to mahjong on my first PC. i believe anything can be addictive in large amounts.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 11:40:44 PM »

not me either. although i did get addicted to mahjong on my first PC. i believe anything can be addictive in large amounts.
Mahong is old school.
I love chess,myself. And I was hooked on RISK for a long time!  Thumbup
But I played that with my kids-so it wasn't an alienating thing-it was a board game w all played as a family.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 12:28:15 AM »

Not me.  I'm a proud,  goose stepping,  black boot shod,  swastika wearing,  tohtenkopf adorned,  seig heiling member of the PC master race.

(And NO,  I do NOT goose step,  wear swastikas, have a tohtenkopf or say seig heil unless in mockery.  I'm just mocking the consele morons who coined the term ''PC master race'' to throw at people who don't use consoles.)  
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 12:34:13 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 12:38:28 AM »

Not me.  I'm a proud,  goose stepping,  black boot shod,  swastika wearing,  tohtenkopf adorned,  seig heiling member of the PC master race.

(And NO,  I do NOT goose step,  wear swastikas, have a tohtenkopf or say seig heil unless in mockery.  I'm just mocking the consele morons who coined the term ''PC master race'' to throw at people who don't use consoles.)  

Sven- I don;t got nothing against folks who play video games. I-personally- have no use for them. If you like'm-groovy. Seem like a waste of time when kids could be interacting in the REAL world.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 02:19:19 AM »

i don't either, my BFF and his girlfriend are world of tanks fanatics. and he's always had consoles, i used to enjoy watching him play doom in particular, darn good monsters! just not my style, and i KNOW i'm addictive with certain things. i get that way with books and tv too,binging just isn't that healthy for me. so i try to keep it to a minimum.

claws
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 03:53:27 AM »

it was a board game w all played as a family.

We do board game nights ever so often. Always fun. Occasionally we'll do an allnighter retro/arcade games on my nephew's ps4. It's always interesting to see younger generations reacting to games we older ones grew up with  TeddyR
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 06:05:56 AM »

Got a PS3, but that is only really used as a DVD player rather than a games console.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Raffine

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 07:19:39 AM »

I had a PONG game as a kid. My granny Frank could beat everybody she played.

That's about it.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 11:50:20 AM »

On a related note,  the original Deus Ex was the best computer game. Ever made.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 11:53:08 AM »

The family had an Atari 1600 growing up (and PONG before that), but I've never owned a dedicated game machine since PCs came around, or seen a reason to get one. Every game I'm interested in playing is available for PC.

I've played a few games at other people's houses and had fun, but it's not something I see myself spending money on.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pacman000
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 04:04:23 PM »

Have a 2600, followed the Gameboy line till the GBA, love the PSX & PS2, Wii & Wii U are fun, but I rarely get time to play any of it. The Gameboy line would probably be the ones Ive gotten the most use of over the years; I could play 'em anywhere.

Computer games are fun too. Till recently consoles were easier to set up than PCs, but modern console games need to be installed/patched like PC games. Today I see no real advantage for new consoles. Classics, however, I can still enjoy.

Would love to rip the hard disk out of a PC & sell it as a console, but it would take a billion dollars to support it.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who DOESN'T own a video game player? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.