Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:51:54 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Island of Terror ? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Island of Terror ?  (Read 4586 times)
Scott
« on: April 02, 2001, 08:10:25 PM »

This sounds like a good movie coming on AMC Wednesday night. Has anyone seen it yet?
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2001, 09:23:20 PM »

If you have not seen this one, then by all means do so.  Researchers trying to find a cure for cancer (if memory serves) instead create monsters which feed off bone.  They leave the victim a flabby husk and are invulnerable!

I love it when the one drops out of the tree...

Andrew
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2001, 03:51:30 AM »

Peter Cushing! Amputations! Boneless corpses! Ssssssssucking noises as the victims' bones are dissolved and extracted! Cow slaughter! It's all good, baby, and the ending is sweet. The monsters are strictly "Doctor Who" level, but it's chillery nasty stuff as only England can muck out. My Brit faves are still "X: The Unknown," "Quatermass 2," and  "The Giant Behemoth," but this one is close behind. And it's in color.
Chadzilla
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2001, 11:44:28 AM »

This movie scared the crap out of me when I was a kid and it still gives me the willies today.   Highly recommended.
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2001, 12:06:40 PM »

Believe me,Scott, Andrew,Squishy and Chadzilla know where of they speak! This one scared me as bad as the Blob. I wonder if mom ever noticed the increasing size of my pre-adolesent skid marks......Cushing and Lee.And they ain't bad guys! Is this cool beans or what?
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2001, 12:08:45 PM »

I think Chris Lee was in it. If not, oh well. Ah, i got it , its that other island bound alien movie they were in. thats it.
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2001, 03:22:54 PM »

Flangepart, I think that one's "Island of the Burning Doomed." Hee--love that title.
Scott
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2001, 04:50:20 PM »

Wow, then I'm sure to be taping Wednesday night.
Chadzilla
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2001, 05:35:44 PM »

Or "Invasion of the Poached Egg Monsters" as I called it.  Same team made that movie, Cushing had the best run in with them.  That man was a brilliant actor, I miss him so damn much.
FLANGEPART
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2001, 10:34:16 AM »

Yep, thats the one. Too bad they diden't work together more offen. Did you see Peter as Sherlock Holmes in the Hound of the Baskervilles? Next best Holmes to Jeremy Brett. Talk about style.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Island of Terror ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.