Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:37:59 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dr. Butcher « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dr. Butcher  (Read 3392 times)
Chainsawmidget
« on: March 20, 2018, 06:40:20 PM »

Has anybody ever seen this one? 

You might know it better as Zombie Holocaust, Island of the Last Zombies, Queen of the Cannibals or Zombi 3.  it's had a lot of titles. 

If you haven't seen it, the plot goes like this. 

Some corpses in various hospitals around the city have been mutilated.  Signs point to some ancient cannibal cult ... that has jobs at a hospital?  so ... for reasons that don't really make any sense, some people put together a small expedition and go to some island somewhere to investigate the cannibal cult. 

Naturally they're attacked by cannibals.  There's also a few zombies wandering around.  At the hour mark of an hour and twenty minute movie, they encounter the "Dr. Butcher" character, who's been experimenting on the living and the dead, has re-introduced cannibalism back into the cult, and has zombies working for him.

Nothing in the movie makes much sense there's a feeling that they're trying to cram way too many ideas into the plot, and I have no clue what is up with the ending and why the cannibals DON'T sacrifice the girl they're planning to sacrifice. 

It's got some nice gore though, if you're into that.  It also uses those oatmeal faced Italian zombies if you like those. 

It's just ... a weird movie. 
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:07:00 PM »

One of  my faves!

"BURY YOUR FRIEND AND BE QUICK ABOUT IT!"

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 08:34:36 PM »

Yeah, this is laughably bad.  Ian McCulloch said this and some other movies he did around the time of ZOMBIE were made "on the cheap" and the production values of ZOMBIE were much better.  I remember seeing the video on the shelves during my pre-teens and thinking it could be scary.  Finally watched it a decade or so later and it's terrible.  I like the obvious dummy falling and the arm breaking off when it hits.  Also, the great line, "I'm determined to have your brain!".

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 09:28:30 PM »

I got that Paragon video too!

I like it. It's so stupid and over the top. Highlights being the zombie who gets a boat rotor in the face, and the guy who gets his eyes gouged out and eaten by cannibals!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 10:07:21 PM »

I love that picture RC.  There's just so a great contrast between the guy's dried out rotten face and his perfectly good looking arm. 

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 04:18:15 AM »

yes I love this one...(despite my username I am not a massive zombie film fan tbh). but this one is just so inept it's great.

like russel mentioned, the arm popping off the dummy of the guy who throws himself off the hospital balcony...how did they leave that bit in?!!  BounceGiggle

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 03:33:47 PM »

We had DR. BUTCHER, M.D. on VHS in the video store where I worked in the 1980s (in fact, I was the one who ordered it for the store).

I have the ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST DVD in my collection. I haven't watched it in awhile, but I think the tacked-on scenes at the beginning of DR. BUTCHER are not in the ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST version (but they are included in the special features section of the DVD).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »

We had DR. BUTCHER, M.D. on VHS in the video store where I worked in the 1980s (in fact, I was the one who ordered it for the store).

I have the ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST DVD in my collection. I haven't watched it in awhile, but I think the tacked-on scenes at the beginning of DR. BUTCHER are not in the ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST version (but they are included in the special features section of the DVD).
Heh.. here's a link to that!  "Snuff Maximus".. lol!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBHHbKqvzX0

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 07:23:40 PM »

Yeah, they added some stuff for Dr. Butcher. 

And I do love the Snuff Maximus.  It's almost Ed Wood level of cheese.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 01:14:24 AM »

It was released in SA as Zombie Cannibal Holocaust  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 05:05:48 AM »

I've seen the "Zombie Holocaust" version. It's a hoot.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
beat_truck
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 09:07:18 PM »

I have Zombie Holocaust on DVD and had an original copy of Dr. Butcher on VHS.  I shouldn't have gotten rid of it. Lookingup  It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it's fun if you enjoy Italian horror / cheese like I do.  I even dig parts of the soundtrack, some of which is said to be ripped off from Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals.
akiratubo

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 11:54:50 PM »

! No longer available Small | Large

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
claws
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 12:20:17 AM »

I've never seen the Dr. Butcher version but I do own the original Italian cut titled Zombi Holocaust. Apparently Dr. Butcher has additional scenes and an alternative score where you can still hear the original soundtrack playing faintly in the background  Buggedout

Either way, it's a pretty fun bad flick.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dr. Butcher « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.