Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:17:46 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fond childhood badmovie memories. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fond childhood badmovie memories.  (Read 4467 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 07:18:56 AM »

I saw RACE WITH THE DEVIL

I saw RACE WITH THE DEVIL on a double feature with W.W. AND THE DIXIE DANCE KINGS. Who the hell dreamed up that double bill?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
316zombie
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 09:16:36 PM »

they were all trashy mexican kids movies, i can't think of the guy's name who imported them i want to say his last name was murray? i loved them!

Yes. The infamous K. Gordon Murray. I remember seeing TV commercials for his movies when I was a kid and then forcing my mother to take me to see them.
thank you SO MUCH!! i could NOT come up with it! i MUST buy some. my nieces and nephews would LOVE this stuff! * yes, my entire family is.. weahd. wicket weahd!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2018, 07:21:16 AM »

When I was a kid in the '70s, I lived for "Monster Week" on the local ABC station's  "4:30 Movie." That's where I first saw Godzilla, Gamera, Gappa, etc., etc.

In one of the Godzilla movies I watched, I was severely disturbed by a scene where a girl committed suicide by shooting herself in the stomach, revealing that she was an android -- the camera zoomed in on her wound and you could see the mechanical parts mixed with her guts. For whatever reason, that scene freaked me out big time. As the years went by I remembered nothing else about the movie except for the "robot guts" bit... and after a while I couldn't even remember which Godzilla movie it was in. This was pre-IMDb, pre-Internet so it's not like there were forums like these for me to ask around.

Anyway, I had almost forgotten about it entirely till maybe four years ago, when I first got Netflix and was re-acquainting myself with some old Big G's -- and lo and behold, "the scene" came on while I was watching 1975's Terror of Mechagodzilla. I was so happy to finally solve the mystery that I practically jumped out of my chair and screamed "THAT'S IT!"

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2018, 08:36:59 AM »

they were all trashy mexican kids movies, i can't think of the guy's name who imported them i want to say his last name was murray? i loved them!

Yes. The infamous K. Gordon Murray. I remember seeing TV commercials for his movies when I was a kid and then forcing my mother to take me to see them.
thank you SO MUCH!! i could NOT come up with it! i MUST buy some. my nieces and nephews would LOVE this stuff! * yes, my entire family is.. weahd. wicket weahd!

Check out https://www.somethingweird.com - I bought some of those 1960s kiddie movies from them. Look in the "Kooky Kiddie Karnival" section.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2018, 10:35:09 AM »

yeah I was thikning something weird. I remember seeing that crazy trailer for snow white and the skunk or something
316zombie
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2018, 05:42:14 PM »

awesome,awesome,AWESOME! that solves christmas buying, lol! thank you.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fond childhood badmovie memories. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.