Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:47:12 PM
713352 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, I finally get a win under my belt « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So, I finally get a win under my belt  (Read 2675 times)
Chainsawmidget
« on: March 29, 2018, 08:02:32 PM »

With all the bad that's happening lately, I just had something really nice happen. 

Somebody wants to give me a trailer.  As in, the kind of trailer you live in.  Free. 

I currently live in a trailer.  it is in very very, BAD shape. 

So, I'm going to go check that out tomorrow.  if I get it, I'm probably going to have to have my old trailer destroyed.  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to move it. 

There's also going to be the hassle of packing everything up, putting it somewhere (probably my moms house) and then having to unpack  so it's like I'm moving, but I'm not going anywhere.  My house is moving.   
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 08:27:53 PM »

That's cool! I usta live in a trailer-one of those short, stubby old ones folks hauled around with a truck back in the '50's. But It was out in the country,it was on blocks, and it had a toilet and shower. It was just me in it-so it was ok.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 11:51:28 PM »

congrats.

Is this permanent? I could imagine living in a trailer but connected to a water source and a (composting?) toilet should be a must. I don't want to rely on a gym to shower and neighbors to take a dump. Also, no go without a washing machine.
Coincidentally I was just watching videos about "minimalistic" living yesterday. The most common issue seems to be cold floors. Other than that they appear to be happy living like this.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:02:54 AM by claws » Logged
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 02:26:52 PM »

congrats.

Is this permanent? I could imagine living in a trailer but connected to a water source and a (composting?) toilet should be a must. I don't want to rely on a gym to shower and neighbors to take a dump. Also, no go without a washing machine.

Permanent?  I've lived in a trailer for about 15 years now. 

While my trailer does having running water, my shower kinda sucks and the toilet is small so I usually use the clubhouse one, which is just across the street (more or less) from where I stay.   
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 04:12:21 PM »

There ain't a dam thing wrong with living in a trailer. If your on your own. With kids it's hard living in a small place. I lived in a tiny house with a kitchen,a living room-2 bedrooms and a bathroom. Great right?
This house was no bigger than a large back shed. I could walk from one end of the living room to the other in 2 steps by 5 steps. the bathroom was about as big as a closet. BUT! we had a huge yard with a a big shed and an outhouse with roses growing up it. In back of that was the woods. And an apple tree and blackberries and mulberries. When my kids were little-and when I lived there-was the happiest time of my life.

"Mammrries---! like the milkman of my miiiind...!"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 04:15:07 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 06:55:27 PM »

That sounds like that was a great place. 

I really do miss living in the country sometimes. 
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 09:40:41 AM »

It.
Gets.
BETTER.

Today I went over to the office, and the lady that runs the place and me went over to see the trailer and talk to the people that own it now.  They're moving back to Canada for health reasons and not only are they giving me a free trailer, they're giving me a free trailer full of STUFF.  Electronics, clothes, tools, most of the stuff he has in there, he's not taking with him.  Also the trailer is about a foot wider and 5 to 10 feet longer than the one I live in now.

AND it STILL gets better!

I thought I was going to have to pay to have my trailer destroyed and have the new one moved in.  That's somewhere between $500 and $800 dollars from what I've heard.  Nope.  Instead the new trailer is staying where it is, I'm moving into it, and I'll sign over the old trailer and it will be basically considered abandoned.   

It's going to cost me $40 to handle the paperwork.  That's it. 

How awesome is all that?     

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 11:20:35 AM »

Nice. :) Now, when you move in let us know so we can all come round for a housewarming party and bring beers n' bad movies.  BounceGiggle

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 11:52:28 AM »

Man- that IS cool!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 03:01:20 PM »

that is FABULOUS!  Cheers i'll bring meatballs!
Pacman000
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 06:30:57 PM »

Congratulations! Hallelujah! Good luck at your new place!

Tho I really would've liked to see a vid of your old place being trashed...

;)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, I finally get a win under my belt « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.