Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:03:00 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  help! i don't know what to do! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: help! i don't know what to do!  (Read 4749 times)
316zombie
« on: March 31, 2018, 05:14:43 PM »

okay, so i go to the grocery store this afternoon. my BFF had asked if i could pick up 4 cases of pop for him, so i buy that using my bank atm card so i have a separate receipt and take it out to the car.
   then i go back in to do MY shopping, planning to use my discover card. o shop, yaddayadda, then igo to a completely different register, but it's the same cashier( whom i don't know) as when i bought the pop. so she rings me up , tells me the total, which seemed high, but i DID buy stuff that wasn't on my list...i put my card in( have i mentioned i friggin HATE chipped cards?) do what i think i'm supposed to do, and it won't bring up the signature thing, just says" processing please wait....." . i tell the lady and she says" oh, it ran as a debit, it was already in the system", cancels SOMETHING  and i didn't really think about it much.
  i get home, and as always, read through all my receipts to doublecheck them, first 3 are fine. then i get to big one of MY shopping for groceries. there's all this stuff on there i didn't buy! and i'm thinking i was overcharged, so i start adding up the other stuff. it occurs to me that these items are what the lady in front of me bought when i bought BFF'S pop..so i start looking at card numbers. NOT my card number!
  so i call the store, tell them that i THINK that lady never got completely checked out and was charged for MY groceries. they say come back, we'll get with the cashier and see what's up. brought both receipts,both cards, my reward card( THAT number was different on the receipt too, as was the fuel point total) and go see the manager. she goes to that new cashier who proceeds to go ballistic on me, saying i was trying to get her in trouble!
 nobody would believe me, nobody would check, nobody would call the other lady so she could  check her card balance. MY card balance is the same as what it was before i went shopping! does anyone know how i can fix this? i don't want that poor woman to pay for my $ 120 of groceries! and i don't want that cashier to get fired, even though she WAS nasty to me. when she hit cancel, it might have canceled BOTH transactions and her register would be 176 bucks short....help!

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 07:58:51 PM »

I'm sure the other lady will complain when she sees the charge. The fact that the manager wouldn't believe you even when you brought the receipts and cards back to the store indicates that the manager is a knucklehead.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 08:01:05 PM »

if i could pick up 4 cases of pop for him

"Pop"???? Are you really from Massachusetts?  BounceGiggle

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 08:18:18 PM »

lol, yes, i was raised there, but i've been in kansas 35 years now. it could be worse though, i COULD have started saying sack instead of bag!  TongueOut
   okay, so would she get her money back either way? that's my biggest concern right now.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 10:30:03 PM »

So- that lady paid for your groceries? If so- figure the cost of what you bought and give it to her. If you can find out where she is...and don't shop at that store no more!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 12:45:28 AM »

the problem is finding her... Bluesad
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  help! i don't know what to do! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.