Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:11 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Win 10. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Win 10.  (Read 2311 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 03, 2018, 10:19:04 PM »

Jesus,  win 10 takes so long to install and update fully by the time you're done your computer is worn out and obsolete...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 02:53:25 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
beat_truck
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 11:50:58 PM »

No Windows 10 for me. 

Between the major privacy issues, endless forced nagging updates and restarts, and other just plain annoying features, I refuse to have it on any of my machines.  I prefer to be in control of what goes on with my computer as much as possible, not M$.  Right now, I'm in the process of migrating from Windows 7 to Linux. Wink
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 01:22:43 AM »

My work computer has Windows 7 while my home laptop PC has Windows 10: odd.  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 11:14:42 PM »

i miss vista.i UNDERSTOOD vista residential and business. since then, i just wing it.
beat_truck
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 09:45:29 PM »

Lots of people HATED Vista, but I didn't really have a problem with it.  Windows 7 has been the most trouble free for me, overall.  I'd keep it indefinitely if support wasn't going away. Bluesad  I liked XP in it's later days too, after the bugs were worked out.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 04:54:12 AM »

To be honest I called vista 'Vistugh'.  Win 10 is ok once you disable the spy functions.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
beat_truck
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »

Win 10 is ok once you disable the spy functions.
You can disable what they give you options for, but there is still a lot of that going on that can't be shut off.  People have noted it by monitoring their data usage, and Microsoft's user agreement (the one that nobody ever reads) even states that they do it. Buggedout There's a good reason that the Windows 10 upgrade was free.  It sure wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts.
Pacman000
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 04:58:32 PM »

Have a win10 laptop. I live it, but usually I leave it off the net; our connections too slow for it to send data to MS & look at webpages anyways.
316zombie
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 08:01:47 PM »

my first pc at home and at work came with vista,i always had a mac before those. this new laptop is win 10, and i admit i AM struggling with some of it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Win 10. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.